Dimensional Volley (Increase dmg vs Additional dmg)

Azurelis

Hi guys,

Was testing out both Increase damage and Additional damage specs, one of it (Increase damage) seems to loose focus faster than (additional damage), not sure if its just me.

Wish to hear your observations especially those who are really pro at skill observation and rotations.

How has this 2 options affect the way we do our rotation be it normal rotation or at soul burn.

If there's any helpful links of discussion, please share it with me.

Appreciate with thanks.

1 hour ago, Nyaha said:

1st for pve 2nd for pvp

Simply read the skill description

Thanks for replying Nyaha.

Yups i noticed too the description, 2nd one (add dmg) is really for pvp due to all the stun  effects etc.

but the weird thing is when PVE using first one (increase dmg), the focus drops very fast as compared to using the 2nd one (add dmg). Not sure if this is only happening to me. My clan mate also realize this as well. Seems like its easier to maintain focus using the pvp (add dmg) option when playing pve lol

Not sure if i am confusing you guys.

12 hours ago, arkvard said:

are you sure it's not the other way around? because the one with increased damage generates 1 focus everytime u hit enemies with target debuff with it

Thanks for replying arkvard, its puzzling, i kept checking, even read through skill description in details. tried both skills back to back in normal storyline/dungeon pve.

strange enough, the PVP additional damage seems to maintain focus better, while the PVE increase damage, loses focus so fast it breaks the rotation.

This is especially dominant in soul burn mode. We used to be able to cast dragon call, volley non-stop during that short burst of soul burn period, but now, while casting half way, focus drops to zero and we can't do anything except to use wingstorm/leech to reset our focus (LMB during soul burn is very slow).

So yups, confirm for sure :) thanks for double checking.

8 hours ago, Owni said:

It's not only You.

Thank you Owni for affirming the above.

Hopefully the forum moderators/developers can note on this and see if its a bug. 

Perhaps when more players notice this, i will link this to bug section if it isn't meant to be this way.

Thanks

Archived