Frost build op?

Amaren

7 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

That changes when you get raven weapon and legendary bracelet, then fire does more damage on soul burn

Theoretically yes but keep in mind that you can boost the awakened glacial beam with your badge. Especially when soulburn comes right at the start of the fight you can use cold snap and boost it for some seconds. This will make up for the damage loss against dragonchar, at least almost.

For the bracelet it's not really better for fire. Yes, you cant reduce the cd of DD in frost build but if we say we got raven weapon with the resets we increase the uptime above 50%. Fire has almost 100%, yes, but you wont use blazing beam all the time. Every time you use inferno, meteor, impact, dragonblaze you get nothing from the bracelet. Making a calculation is very hard but I wouldnt say it's really much better for fire. I got weapon and bracelet and tested it, of course (will provide screens later), and I can say, that fire doesnt get really better than frost even with that gear. Especially with higher weapon stages, frost becomes better because it buffs frost more than fire. I still miss the BT accs and if the earring works as I think it will boost frost more than fire, too.

7 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

They do the same damage almost.

This is correct, of course. For longer fights it doesnt really matter (you should know the enemy pattern to not waste cold snap then fire wins of course) and for very (< 1 min.) short fights, fire is still a bit better if (and only if) you can precast inferno before the fight starts. Frost is also not too bad for F20 ranking.

5 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

And the badge only gives 6 seconds buff so even if u cast cold snap right before soul burn fire will still be better for 4 more seconds

The 6s is a bigger boost for ice than the 4s without it for fire.

without bracelet with raven 3:

37.5 hits over 15 seconds

fire: 3.7x -> 138.75x
ice: 2.4x -> 90.0x

badge: 3.0x * 15 hits (6 seconds) -> 45x

sum:

fire: 138.75x
ice: 90.0x + 45x = 135.0x

With raven1/2 it's tiny bit better for ice and without raven frost deals simply more damage.

With the bracelet fire is better, yes, but only if you have raven and even with raven 6 it's only a diff. of about 50x ap over the whole sb duration. In many cases you cant use DD before SB (if SB is used right in the beginning) or you will lose soul damage and SB damage. In the end ice is really not bad anymore. ;D

Everywhere you can read that fire is better there and everyone uses it. If it's true, no one knows, but if you have all BT accs I wouldnt switch. You can collect and upgrade the frost stuff, too, of course. You dont do anything wrong no matter what build you are using.

200 ~ 300 ping

no legendary gears except SS. I'm pulling aggro more than ever as frost. what am I doing wrong with my fire build? i don't know... one thing for sure, I'm holding aggro better as FM than with my KFM.

6 hours ago, hwalien said:

what am I doing wrong with my fire build?

well holding aggro mostly depends on your party. sometimes your party knows how to DPS or you had tanks that knew how to hold aggro properly, and that's why you couldn't hold aggro with fire build, or sometimes your party members were clueless and that could also be a reason why you held aggro on ice. it also depend on your and your party member's gear.

so aggro isn't an indication of anything most of the time, instead you should test your damage with both builds in the training room on sacred longgui

if you don't have any legendaries or badges, then your DPS should be ~25k with fire and ~15-20k with ice if you're playing both correctly with your ping

19 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

if you don't have any legendaries or badges, then your DPS should be ~25k with fire and ~15-20k with ice if you're playing both correctly with your ping

yeah tried both build again. I'm getting it other way around. 20~22k with fire 24~27k with ice. i dont know... maybe im trying to hard to keep burn debuff up.

4 hours ago, hwalien said:

yeah tried both build again. I'm getting it other way around. 20~22k with fire 24~27k with ice. i dont know... maybe im trying to hard to keep burn debuff up.

Do you have elemental accessories for frost? If not then that"s pretty impressive o.o if that's your style then go for it, and get the badges too since its very important for frost

As for burn, i apply it when the timer reaches 1. Not anything above or below that, and i use C instead of 1 when its off cooldown to allow for more blazing beam spam (9 times per 10 seconds instead of 4times per 5 seconds)

If you apply burn too often you will lose a TON of damage

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

If Hm snowball gets introduced frost FM will be OP as hell

True but that wont happen. Upcoming patches will boost ice pretty well. Fused badges and the vortex ss 3 pieces effect is great for ice and better than the same things for fire.

Archived