Character Creator is too limited

GG Easy

After wasting weeks to create a normal looking character without extreme clippings and off-looking proportions, i realized how cheap that character creator is.

It actually doesn't allow you to create whatever your taste is. I finally came into conclusion that we are only allowed to create proportionate characters which are only the certain extremely skinny proto-type this game presents as default. I'm talking about body.

To be more clear, pelvis width is too limited to shoulder width, any number difference higher than 5 will look completely off. Now if you want a normal looking leg width, you are also forced to increase pelvis width + shoulder width, because legs will clip each other in many animations with lower pelvis width. When you increase pelvis, legs from front angle will also widen, so you decrease leg width while increasing pelvis just to get extremely skinny legs from other angles in the end. Example : On jin female max thigh width from side angle is so-so,but from front they are crazily thick unless you make pelvis width way negative, which causes an illusion as if your lower body is matched with upper body ... wrong ... you will realize your upper body is crazily thick compared to your lower body when you walk, run etc. also two legs will clip each other severely with those animations. With average thickness on both pelvis and leg, which will still look extremely skinny from sides, you have to increase shoulder width to max which is a global slider and too ineffective. Even at max shoulder, only way to make arms not pass into torso is, adjusting torso size to way negative, which will end up with an extremely retarded creation.

Torso size has too much effect on breast size, reducing it to match with shoulder will make your breasts shrunk. If you are ok with tiny tits, it doesn't go well too. You also have to decrease build slider to extreme negative values, as if normals were not skinny enough. Because the only slider that widens/narrows torso from angles except front-back is '' build '' slider, normal torso size slider only widens it from front-back angle.

Ignoring clippings and bugs, you can still make a normal thickness character which still looks completely different from different angles, but, there is also head size ... with max shoulder width, you have to increase head width and size both, to not look retarded. Finally done your work with your personal proportionate character ? Take it's screen shot, then take a screen shot of the skinny proto-type the game was forcing you to play with and compare them.

They are f.... the same ! You have made the same character, same body features, same attractiveness level, only difference is it takes up more space, nothing else. The only body type this game allows without severe clippings and bugs is that extremely skinny monster. You can only change how many space it will take up, nothing else.

I do not believe im going to defend NCS :)

But ok. If you compare character creator in BS with other games i dont know how you can say is too limited

Normal looking? you realize BS was made to be like this. with exaggerated proportions.

Clipping with multiple outfits ok here i can agree with you.

But if you want normal looking you in the wrong game.

5 hours ago, Fufia said:

I do not believe im going to defend NCS :)

But ok. If you compare character creator in BS with other games i dont know how you can say is too limited

Normal looking? you realize BS was made to be like this. with exaggerated proportions.

Clipping with multiple outfits ok here i can agree with you.

But if you want normal looking you in the wrong game.

I don't mean extreme reality by normal looking. I just can't stand looking at a character which is extremely skinny from side/angled views and nothing you can do to fix it without destroying the look from front-back. Exaggerated ? Complete opposite. If you take a look at presets in korean websites you will see, all of them are made -12 / -6 build with <0 thigh width, because they know it's the only body type allowed. What i would call exaggerated in this game is that, forced gap between two skinny legs. It forces you to have 5 meters distance between two legs, this is exaggerated. Thigh width is limited around <-5 build / <0 thigh width with 0 / +5 pelvis width, anything thicker causes severe bugs.

I didn't compare it with other games, but if i have to :

I has nothing new, the clipping is so severe that you are only allowed to make the same skinny prototype which is extremely skinny compared to other games.

As a guy above mentioned, his head didn't seem right and he increased head size. This actually nullifies every other slider you increased to make your character look thicker. Head size 0 - 6 is enough length for 0 height, increasing head size destroys the look from side and angle view. Only thing you are left with is head width, which destroys the whole face if increased.

With those limitations by clipping and lack of slider options like pelvis height, torso height, overall torso size (not just front look), head length (not size), thigh width which is not affected by pelvis width, i can't call this game has better character customization than lineage 2. Only more hair/cosmetic styles and ability to create something whose arm is inside it's lung.

There are tons of people who have mastered the more curvacious characters and look bomb af. I think your problem is you're not stepping outside of your comfort zone of what you consider to be "beauty" to be able to fully utilize the controls.

Clipping is a normal thing in 3d graphics.
Only in CG movies you can be bothered with going an extra 1000 miles to avoid noticeable clipping. It's just how polygonal models work.

Think about clipping as of form of body deformation. When one leg touches another it's not "clipping" through but "squeezing" the flesh a bit - just as in real life. It is what that kind of clipping should represent.

1 hour ago, XO said:

There are tons of people who have mastered the more curvacious characters and look bomb af. I think your problem is you're not stepping outside of your comfort zone of what you consider to be "beauty" to be able to fully utilize the controls.

They look bomb af to you only because they take screenshots from only the certain angles, outfits covering bugs, certain animations and zones. If you get to play one of them you will realize ... if you have decent knowledge about c.creator sliders of course.

@Nyaha i 've already given up on clipping. Only way to get rid of clipping is build slider <0, shoulder width max, torso size <-10. It doesn't matter how severe it is after a certain point anyways. 

2ewim4h.jpg

Her upper and lower body seem proportionate right ? ( at least doesn't seem off ). You can even call her lower body is thick compared to upper body. But, the reality is exact opposite. When she walk, run, fight ... any other animations, she has extreme thick upper body and very narrow lower body, because i had to decrease pelvis width so that legs can look as same legs from different angles. This is why the guy above thinks those curvaceous presets look bomb af. Yes, they do. Only in very situational conditions. Other times they are retarded.

8 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

I don't see what you're trying to accomplish with this thread.

I don't see what you're trying to accomplish with that post either. You talk as if threads were opened here to accomplish something, like devs or staff care at all.

Now, if you excuse us, i need to stay in topic. ( Not talking to you, ignore the text below as it doesn't interest you. )

The customization this game offers is nothing different from other games and actually worse than many. Anything you do to fix the extremely skinny character prototype, causes severe bugs and clipping, breaks proportion and forces you to increase other sliders like head size/width which ends up the same character who takes up more space, nothing different.

All races are forced to be extremely skinny even gon. The bending of their left arm towards the right hip from their back is what someone can only do if she grabs her left hand with her right hand and pull it right direction severely from their back to a degree of breaking it completely. Even if they could achieve normal thickness without maxing anything, that dislocated arm forces you to make her extremely skinny.

I was wondering why everyone has same body features as others and i realize it now. All of them are only different about the space they take up, nothing else, ignoring those which are purposely created to be ugly/disproportionate/funny/scary.

16 minutes ago, GG Easy said:

I don't see what you're trying to accomplish with that post either. You talk as if threads were opened here to accomplish something, like devs or staff care at all.

Now, if you excuse us, i need to stay in topic. ( Not talking to you, ignore the text below as it doesn't interest you. )

The customization this game offers is nothing different from other games and actually worse than many. Anything you do to fix the extremely skinny character prototype, causes severe bugs and clipping, breaks proportion and forces you to increase other sliders like head size/width which ends up the same character who takes up more space, nothing different.

All races are forced to be extremely skinny even gon. The bending of their left arm towards the right hip from their back is what someone can only do if she grabs her left hand with her right hand and pull it right direction severely from their back to a degree of breaking it completely. Even if they could achieve normal thickness without maxing anything, that dislocated arm forces you to make her extremely skinny.

I was wondering why everyone has same body features as others and i realize it now. All of them are only different about the space they take up, nothing else, ignoring those which are purposely created to be ugly/disproportionate/funny/scary.

Well, I wasn't trying to be rude, but I guess that doesn't matter to people like you when someone dares question the purpose of your thread.

I was just curious, is this supposed to be a rant? Are you trying to inform people who probably don't care? Are you wanting some kind of change? I only wanted to know because I've seen you complaining about this particular issue for a while now. Excuse me for thinking you had some kind of reason for bringing this topic up multiple times on different threads.

Why am I even bothering to try talking to you? You'll probably just come back at me with some snippy comment. And by the way, I don't have any problems making a character that I think looks good. Maybe you're just being a little too nitpicky, or maybe this game's art style just isn't for you, seeing as I've only ever seen you and one other person complain about the characters in this game.

14 minutes ago, GG Easy said:

How much contribution to the forums you are making by talking completely off-topic without stating any facts ? You see only me whining about this ? Wonder why ? Even support member admitted he is unhappy about it and himself also posting in forum from time to time but forum is dead, except some lackeys who are online all day. He can't find supporters even if he knows many people unhappy about those poses and broken body parts and only way to catch non-existent devs' attention passes through this forum which is dead but a couple of lackeys.

Even lineage 2 forums is more active than here at the moment. BnS forum community is divided a lot. Some reddit, some dojo, countless regional forums and here it's impossible to give feedback because mods tend to ban OP s immediately when they talk back to someone derailing their threads. You think i am being rude ? You don't even know what i actually think about you, but i can't speak up because it will get me immediately banned, thread locked. You have the armor of a lackey while i seem in a position of a rebel.

Most people i know use reddit because they ended up getting banned after trying to give feedback here. I think even this post will get me banned, doesn't matter when i quit game anyways, i'm leaning towards it now. After wasting weeks whining about gon pose i sucked it up and decided to make a jin instead, which also gets her share from the scarily skinny modelling this game forces.

I already quit that game once because the gameplay was horrible due to lag issues.  I decided to play uncompetitive and enjoy the appealing visuals this game advertises. But i 've never played any game where dislocated body parts, clippings stand out that much, in addition to forcing the scariest skinny modelling type to a level of models looking like just bones painted to skin tone. They had more than enough time to fix those issues, even a single one would make a visually great improvement. But, nothing. Only copy-paste, install new dungeons, weapons, pamper those in forums who want some certain outfits in f10 so they can wear them on their characters which are so skinny that they seem like they are about to die out of narcomania.

Seems like you're taking this a little too seriously. Like, you're making such a big deal over this. This game has been out for about 6 years. They are probably not going to make such a major change because a handful of people are unhappy. Spamming the forums is not going to get them to change anything. Do you know why you aren't getting support for this issue? Because most people don't care. The people who didn't like the look of the game have probably already left, and the rest either like how the game looks, don't care either way, or are like you and keep spamming the forums hoping to get some kind of attention. I don't see why you even came back to the game if you hate the look of it so much.

Thanks for calling me a lackey. You don't know anything about me but assume so much already. I know this might be hard for you to believe, but I actually don't like the default Gon female pose, either! Shocker, right? In fact, I really hate it! It looks like her spine has snapped and she's desperately trying to hold herself together. However, you don't see me beating the dead horse by spamming my opinions about this all over the forum. I just learn to live with it, since you know, there are three other races to choose from, and you can play males, so there's some variety there, but I guess that doesn't matter to you because they all look awful in your opinion.

Also, do you really think you'll be able to get a dev's attention on this forum? I've said this many times, but your best bet would be learning Korean and sending a suggestion to them directly, but even then, you probably won't get the result you want.

Archived