So, Lightning > Fire now?

Phaos

Lightning in PvP;

In PvE, if there is more than one boss, definitely Fire. On one boss it's your choice, but I personally stick with Fire because of my high ping and low fps combination. Just try out both in F12, you can even set a dummy tank so you don't have to do anything but check dps.

1 hour ago, Stormpooper said:

Lightning in PvP;

In PvE, if there is more than one boss, definitely Fire. On one boss it's your choice, but I personally stick with Fire because of my high ping and low fps combination. Just try out both in F12, you can even set a dummy tank so you don't have to do anything but check dps.

I Just rerol to BM cuz i have high ping and love melee classes, have tried KFM, SIN, DESTRO, SF and regret to have take so long to try out BM, and im in love for the fire build, but is no longer viable for PvP? How hard is to master the light build? Is it ping dependant as KFM and SIN? =[

Thanks in advance

No, you can definitely still kill people with Fire build, I just find that Lightning does more damage now since Dragontongue's damage got nerfed a lot.

With Fire, you don't have to worry about focus - that's a point a lot of people seem to make in favour of it.

BM in general is dependant on ping in PvP (everyone is ofc, but there's just a wall in gold ranking that you cannot pass without low ping - 3k matches told me that).

If you get good at PvP with Fire, you'll have few problems adjusting to Lightning. You just need to start feeling the right moments for Honed Slash.

• 4 weeks later...

dig this thread out and add a question.. 

i am a returner and my gear is not realy based on elemental thingy.. 

before i choose my direction and throw my gold into crap, i tested a bit with lightning and my old favor fire.. i tested then on MSP Boss and in ebondrake.. 

but i dont feel a big difference if i watch on my dsp meter.. 

Anyone here can share his experience? 

maybe u have a good bagua-accessoir-bagde combination for ur favor playstyle and want to share with us? 

Dragontongue - extra dmg on crit, extra dmg during conflagration, extra dmg during pheonix wing

Honed slash - extra dmg against CCed target, extra dmg during fulmination

So for boss fight you will do more dmg with dragontongue because you won't have extra dmg from CCed target that often.

In PvP you won't crit that much so honed slash will probably do more dmg.

I've got about 10k dps difference on MSP boss in hongmoon training room with this gear but i've might be doing something wrong with lightning build:

Stage 10 baleful weapon

true yeti ring

arcimor earring (fire) / pyro earring (lightning)

oath necklace

pinnacle bracelet

true scorpio belt

hongmoon energy - stage 7

furious pet aura

blue moon soul badge (1 focus on successful flicker)

revelation mystic badge (3s conflagration/12 s fluentness on five point strike)

8 pieces MSP soulshield

• 2 weeks later...

Sry for my late reply

Yep i must say.. Fire is easier and u punsh out more dmg.. 

Okay maybe for me, cuz i dont have any badges that help. 

But i must say.. Lightning is my way after i get bagdes. Cuz makes more fun, not spamming rmb and spining around like a berserker bot. 

Maybe we get a Lightning Patch and they make both buildings playable. 

After some runs i must say.. Lightning is more fun to play and the blabla from fireBMs that try to add me to their religion is so funny. 

Sry guys.. Holding one Button is not worth to sell my soul to this religion xD

44 minutes ago, codeaxis said:

There is a future patch that just buffs Lightning only but if it DOES go live then most likely it's going to come with 55 patch.

U have some links or anything info about that for me? 

Send me a pm

https://bnstree.com/news/Byhzzq60x

This is the patch you are looking for and I can say from my experience in KR with the new lightning build, it does MASSIVE dmg in long fights. Every respectable BM I know from KR switched to lightning after this change and it IS in the live server for over a month a now. But on that note, this comparison I make IF you have KR endgame gear which includes the millenium accessories, full julia legendary ss and legendary mythic badge along with the combined gold badge.

To sum things up, lightning is better in the later stages of the game.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY, lightning build gets buffed

been missing out on DMG for far too long

i never once touch fire build ... fire build looks like BM in SEIZURE (toss & turn) ...

BM suppose to dps GRACEFULLY!!

wish they will boost more on horned slash animation speed

Archived