proper patch notes??

Swiftya

so after the skill system change in the stratus patch now my class is just very confusing and lacking in utility but that would be fine if my class was the only one that received changes, but no, every class had major changes and there is no patch notes saying which skills changed into what, like seriously how could there be no patch notes for this, i can't pvp anymore or even do tower of infinity because of these ninja changes you pulled off, these skill changes were just bad giving buffs to classes that already needed a nerf like bd and wl and sf

BD nerfs - soaring falcon doubled cooldown, effectively reducing focus recovery by half. No longer applies bleed or block charging skills. Fissure skill removed. Wind build entirely inferior to lightning. Removed 1 variation of HM sunder and HM breeze. Removed skill trees and effects for lots of other QoL skills.

BD buffs - maelstrom usable with deflect vortex. Take flight recovers 6 focus. Lightning draw can now be reset by soulburn and fighting spirit. Divebomb recovers 2% hp.

As you can see BD nerfs outnumbers the buffs.

soaring falcon actualy counts as buff for pvp, cuz its kd with def penetration and focus regen, also drain after grab gives defense block for 6 sec, and anklebaiter recovers 6 focus

and iam also wanted to see skill patchnotes, was kinda confused when saw this wl untargetability for 3 sec  after stun escape

yeah man... i used to get pretty high in pvp at least 1700 in all pvp arenas and now i can barely get the gold because i don't understand what skills are being used and also because i play sin and it seems to me they removed half of our utility it's just stupid everytime i get into a match i enrage..

13 hours ago, Swiftya said:

yeah man... i used to get pretty high in pvp at least 1700 in all pvp arenas and now i can barely get the gold because i don't understand what skills are being used and also because i play sin and it seems to me they removed half of our utility it's just stupid everytime i get into a match i enrage..

There was actually buffs to sins, plus added utility to pve. Sins got near no nerfs, just that it might seem weird since a lot of skills got merged into single skills, basically being only one option but having properties of all the skills combined. For example, our 1 out of stealth got massively buffed for lightning, as it takes on the traits of sidewinder, having 0-16m range, stacking 1 poison, and doing damage when hit from the front. It still works like the original 1, but in fact got buffs by being combined with sidewinder.

Just read the skills instead of looking at the pictures, you will see that many of our skills were instead merged to be massivley broken, like our parry pen/def pen 9 second cd double stun lmb. 

My only complaint with the revamp is that they have filter shortcuts to find skills with cc effects and such... but none for recovery of hp/focus... it's a pain to look through everything trying to find where they are.

On 4/15/2017 at 11:02 AM, Singud said:

soaring falcon actualy counts as buff for pvp, cuz its kd with def penetration and focus regen, also drain after grab gives defense block for 6 sec, and anklebaiter recovers 6 focus

and iam also wanted to see skill patchnotes, was kinda confused when saw this wl untargetability for 3 sec  after stun escape

I would say BD got buffed in a bit in PVP due to the focus generation from the pvp skills like soaring falcon, ankelbaiter, etc. These pvp skills were used to only regenerate 1 focus point.

However, in PVE aspect, BD got nerfed a lot. Fissure skills got removed (main skill to regenerate focus in close combat). Falcon can do KD now, which means we have to be very careful to not screw up mechanics of certain boss like yeti, 2nd boss in BT, etc. There were few times after i pressed 1 (falcon) and the boss CC bar opened up at the same time and we were not supposed to do KD at that point. If I hit KD on boss, other player will just brainlessly hit spar bar to apply joint attack and boom failed mechanic.

They also removed our 3X RMB L. strike in lighting draw, which is the main DPS skill in PVE. It can be used to dodge boss frontal attack as well.

3 hours ago, BananaNinja said:

There was actually buffs to sins, plus added utility to pve. Sins got near no nerfs, just that it might seem weird since a lot of skills got merged into single skills, basically being only one option but having properties of all the skills combined. For example, our 1 out of stealth got massively buffed for lightning, as it takes on the traits of sidewinder, having 0-16m range, stacking 1 poison, and doing damage when hit from the front. It still works like the original 1, but in fact got buffs by being combined with sidewinder.

Just read the skills instead of looking at the pictures, you will see that many of our skills were instead merged to be massivley broken, like our parry pen/def pen 9 second cd double stun lmb. 

the example you decided to mention does not retain to pvp since you shouldn't play light in pvp in most cases if not all. i would take the time to count each and every skill that had been nerfed, for example:
smoke screen stage2 you used to be able to spec only projectile defense without heal which had lower cooldown by 6 secs.
swiftstep now cannot be specced for kd rather than daze, plus it misses most the time and the hit doesn't even register.
lotus kick is now an approach+ stun skill which means it's pretty useless when fighting a class that blocks approach skills, it's still useless even if it hits, stun duration decreased from 3 to 2 secs.
landmine cannot be specced for daze anymore, or aerial launch for that matter.
cannot unspec webbing for pve purposes.
should i go on? there are plenty more skills that had been nerfed for both pvp and pve so idk what buffs you're even talking about 
sin isn't a pvp class anymore...

Archived