Eternity Soul Badge for FMs

Foxy

Update:

This badge gives the same buff as dragonblaze it just refreshes CD on the buff. This doesn't stack with the dragonblaze buff. Do not get this badge.

Original Post:

Couldn't find any information on the Eternity Soul Badge.

If you have ZERO flame damage then this is not worth it at all (still probably not worth it even if you do...)

Here's a setup with ZERO original flame damage. It only gives you +100 Flame Damage

jknRR36C.jpg

Here's the formula:

Flame Effect = +40% Equipment Flame Damage + 100 Flame Damage

Here an accessory with 63 flame damage being equipped.

fwWza2fr.jpg

Which is the same effect as Dragonblaze

mhzZbbz9.jpg

Eh i have mixed feelings about it, on one hand it make the rotation simpler, on the other hand i feel it's useless xD i think this is worth it if you have MSP SS without the mystic badge, but once you get the mystic badge you'll probably want to stick to double meteor

Or if you just want to be lazy then this is good

I did some further testing it doesn't stack with the dragonblaze buff either. This is pretty useless considering dragonblaze gives you the same buff and it's on a shorter cd. Umm I can't defend this badge this is very useless.

• 1 year later...

Well this thread is pretty old, but what about if you have hm blazing beam (Dual Dragons CD -1sec on crit) and you're doing dual dragons every 10 or so seconds anyways? this would be easier with msp ss, but totally possible without. With the insane end game crit rates, you could easily have 100% uptime on Eternity's effect, and the Tiger bracelets buff that relies on dual dragons. just a thought, let me know if this doesnt add up. 

(edit: if the effect is in fact the exact same as courage's effect on dragonblaze, you would never even need to waste a cast of HMblazing beam on DB)

On 02/05/2018 at 5:13 AM, Jobel said:

Well this thread is pretty old, but what about if you have hm blazing beam (Dual Dragons CD -1sec on crit) and you're doing dual dragons every 10 or so seconds anyways? this would be easier with msp ss, but totally possible without. With the insane end game crit rates, you could easily have 100% uptime on Eternity's effect, and the Tiger bracelets buff that relies on dual dragons. just a thought, let me know if this doesnt add up. 

(edit: if the effect is in fact the exact same as courage's effect on dragonblaze, you would never even need to waste a cast of HMblazing beam on DB)

Eternity works decently as a single badge after the may 9th class balance changes. The problem with it, however, is that there's no good fuse option for it and glory badge (-20s on inferno after dragonblaze) is too good to pass by. So even post-patch you'll want to run invincible (best in slot, but makes rotations harder for optimal damage output) or the current BiS ancestral.

On 2018. 05. 04. at 6:43 PM, MrBubbles said:

Eternity works decently as a single badge after the may 9th class balance changes. The problem with it, however, is that there's no good fuse option for it and glory badge (-20s on inferno after dragonblaze) is too good to pass by. So even post-patch you'll want to run invincible (best in slot, but makes rotations harder for optimal damage output) or the current BiS ancestral.

You might be right but the damage difference sould be tested.  The -20s on inferno seems to be pretty strong tho.

On 10/05/2018 at 9:49 AM, csisy said:

You might be right but the damage difference sould be tested.  The -20s on inferno seems to be pretty strong tho.

I did some quick parses. Seems to be a 5-7% dps loss over decent ancestral rotations on Aransu 6 + 8set vt (450k max sustain with eternity, 470+ with ancestral). The lower your weapon stage, the bigger the dps loss due to lower beam modifiers. Should also be noted that if you don't handle the constant cooldown/buff juggle from ancestral well, then eternity probably gets even since it's so much easier to manage.

That said, I might recommend eternity as an alt badge now. It makes you rotations incredibly easy when you disable dragon blaze and probably outdps's just a plain glory, courage or primal force badge (can't be bothered to do the testing with skyrift mystic badge for those).

If only you could fuse eternity with holy fire.

1 hour ago, MrBubbles said:

I did some quick parses. Seems to be a 5-7% dps loss over decent ancestral rotations on Aransu 6 + 8set vt (450k max sustain with eternity, 470+ with ancestral). The lower your weapon stage, the bigger the dps loss due to lower beam modifiers. Should also be noted that if you don't handle the constant cooldown/buff juggle from ancestral well, then eternity probably gets even since it's so much easier to manage.

That said, I might recommend eternity as an alt badge now. It makes you rotations incredibly easy when you disable dragon blaze and probably outdps's just a plain glory, courage or primal force badge (can't be bothered to do the testing with skyrift mystic badge for those).

If only you could fuse eternity with holy fire.

Thanks for your time and for the info!

Yea, fusing those badges would be awesome. :)

Archived