Legendary Weapon Gem Socket [Archive]

Dear NCSoft (edited by Mercatnip)

I hardly say anythin about anythin. But this time i really have to

I been farmin and savin a lot of mats to upgrade my Ivory stage 10 to legendary. And i did. I got it to stage 7 even bought Silverfrost Keys for unboxin the weapon chest

But lo and behold. After i got it to stage 7 the gem slot magically never seems to add and stay at 3 THREE sockets.

I asked Support if they can help me, but apparently since i already asked once with my other character your policy forbid them to help any further. Now if you really try to milk me to get the legendary Gem Hammer, you are barkin at the wrong tree since i hardly make anythin. Only enough to go by one day at a time.

So please review your policy about the Legendary Gem Hammer needed to open more slot, review your policy about revertin legendary weapons and review your policy about milkin people

Best Regard

1 hour ago, AliceInWonderland said:

They never did gave me a clear warnin the first time.

But thank you for the heartwarnin reply RainbowDashie.

By the way, no one can predict the FUTURE :D and if we should wait for every rollback, no one would upgraded their weapon...duh

I noticed many players rush into upgrading legendary weapons again after massive cost reduction, in the end they regret it. You should know gem sockets reset into 3 slots when you transform it to baleful/seraph/riftwalk/downforged/raven. After that every stage you upgrade got a very low chance to add another socket. Lucky players can unlock full gem slot without legendary gem hammers upon reaching baleful/seraph stage 12.

Losing 3 gems sockets means you lose around 40+ AP if you are equipping full set sparkling heptagonal gems like me. That's why i stay at true ivorymoon till i got enough gold for mats and gem hammers to reach stage 10 without stopping. Since nobody can see the future, you must always have plan B for anticipation. Try upgrade it again into higher stage first before using legendary hammers. If you reach stage 12 and still stuck with 3 gem sockets, it means you didnt pray enough to RNGesus.

This is pure RNG. Or badluck. I still have 3 gem slots at stage 8. I contacted support and they say its too late to reroll so they cannot do anything. When I upgraded to stage 9, it gave me 5 gem slots. I'm suppose to be happy but im not. Many people show off their stage 1-2 weapon with 6 gem slots in faction chats and it pisses me off. People might say this is just RNG but i think it's simply unfair. 

This issue can simply be resolved by giving 100% 6 gem slots at max stage, then I would have nothing to complain. unlucky is one thing and unfair is another.

First of all, i am happy some of you guys getting 5 or even all gem socket open when you upgrade to legendary, i do

And yes, i did rushed my upgrade because the new content or more like the community requires you to have higher AP or you will be left behind

And trust me, even in clan you will be a bench warmer if your AP is not high enough. Not to mention i been savin enough mats and gold to get me to stage 7 which i use my remainin Heavenly Energy to get the Forgin Orbs, yay me. But thats a different story all together

What i was hopin that NCSuck would reduce the amount of Legendary Gem Hammers needed to unlock the socket, reduce the price to a more friendlier price (Its 239 NCoins/HMCoins last time i check)

To get to the 4th socket you'll need 7 Legendary Hammer so its 239 NCoins/HMCoins times 7 = 1,645 Coins

And from 4th to 5th you need 15 Legendary Hammer so its  = 3,585 Coins

I have no clue how much Legendary Hammer needed from 5th to 6th.....

By the way, i have 4 Legendary Hammer on my other character that is NOT Account Bound (Hope NCSuck would fix this)

Hello guys, i am baleful stage 5, and never get any free slot, fell sooo sad ;(. Can i ask the support for reroll ? Btw, yestarday i talk with some ppls, they inform me, that soon ncsfot will change this, we will get free slots on next update, but i cant find anything about this. If someone have information, will be great to share with us :D. Thanks and cheers :)

Since  you are whining about gem hammers and gem slots I suppose you have no idea how the original system was and how it is now. I will just give you a brief review of it:
Originally on EACH major weapon upgrade (starting from true profane) your gem sockets were reset to 3 (this was removed before it even came to the west). After that on EACH legendary stage upgrade, you get a RANDOM socket rerolls starting from 1 to max 6, I repeat, RANDOM on EACH upgrade of your legendary weapon. When the western community found out about that, they whined the world, started petitions and stuff like that for changing the system cause it was "unfair".

The current system is: You get a base of 3 gem slots and a random chance for getting MORE gem slots on EACH upgrade of your legendary weapon. Downgrading the gem slots is not possible so you get a minimum of 3 and when you get more, they wount disappear when you upgrade. On the other hand, when you EVOLVE your weapon to a higher stage (raven, dawnforge, etc.) you again get a base of 3 gem slots and a chance to get more with each upgrade. How is that unfair?

And lastly, someone said he/she lost around 40ap after upgrading, but let me give you a little tip here, 40ap is around 7% dmg, if you are upgrading from baleful/seraph to raven, you get a massive ~200% dmg boost on your main dps skill. If you are upgrading to dawnforge, you are getting 3 times stronger weapon buff that equals around 1500% dmg boost for overstack. So what are you exactly "losing" here? Not knowing what you exactly gain in terms of upgrading your weapons doesnt mean you lose dps. I can just tell you when I upgraded from true scorpion to legendary, I lost all my gem slots, around 18ap but I gained over 35% dps in terms of stack buffs and skill resets. Did I care about the ap and gems? not really cause when I upgraded to stage2, I got 6 gem slots and got another 5% dmg boost.

Nightfer, you are right, i agree with you,. but, one big BUT :). I check every day on every dungeons all ppls for how much slots they have, and never see person with legendary less than 4. Am i the most unlucky person in the game ? Stage 5 and nothing. Now crafting silverfrost transformation stones, and tommoroww will upgrade to stage 6... I know, will have 3 again ;(

6 hours ago, 844126_1452550145 said:

I just want to clear up S 10/11/12 -> raven does not reset your slots , you keep what you have/gain slots.  

and how big is the lose of 3 gemslots really? 12ap + some really minor effects.

gems give you HP leech, additional crit, stun, slow, etc... some can be minor but some are must have in PVP.

I agree with the op. Breaking through to a legendary should feel, Well Legendary right? 600g hardly seems reasonable to be able to socket one 3-10ap gem. Not much of an upgrade if you ask me. Maybe I'm just not farming enough gold on my 6 toons but Legendary gem hammers seem insanely overpriced to be able to add so little to a weapon that was more powerful before you upgraded it.

I got lucky my main Sin rolled 6, My Summoner received 5 on Stg3 but my WL still has 3 on st4.

It definitely hurts on alts there's no way I'm dumping a penny in to a toon for something that should be there to begin with on a legendary item.

Oh let me add that it's also messed up that hammers are bound. I actually had some drop on my main and I can't do anything with them. Because they're un-mailable or sellable.

6 hours ago, 844126_1452550145 said:

I just want to clear up S 10/11/12 -> raven does not reset your slots , you keep what you have/gain slots.  

and how big is the lose of 3 gemslots really? 12ap + some really minor effects.

Is that confirmed by NCSoft or were you just one of the lucky few to roll 6 slots again from seraph/baleful to raven?
It'd be nice if NCSoft makes a clear statement on this.

• 1 year later...

wow no kidding, stage 6, 6 slots. stage 7 down to 3 slots and you have to start using hammers to get them back? thats utter Bullshit.  Obvious scheme to get die hards to pay money for gem hammers. although to the people who whine about spending so much time farming for materials. lol lol lol, play the dam story quest. I had mine to stage 6 and upgraded my soul and pet a couple stages without doing a single dungeon. the story quest gives you most of the materials along with daily dash

• Liinxy changed the title to Legendary Weapon Gem Socket [Archive]
  • Liinxy locked this topic

Archived