Worth coming back ?

Tarask

HI all,

Ok i'll do it short, i stopped playing exactly one year ago, i began playing the very first day of beta, took the founder pack and 1 year membership, when i decided to stop i was the leader of a full clan, had 3 characters level 50 HM1 to 5...
And i got bored of :
-Permanent bugs, crashes, zone lags (server side ofc).
-BOTFEST
-Grindfest (had to do 75 times the same dungeon to be able to upgrade weapon...)
-i won't mention all the problems with PvP...

-Every patch, things seemed to get worse.

So... here is my question : These things got better ? anything have been improved ? Or are they still rushing the patches without consideration for the game playability, stability and balance ?

Thanks to anybody who will take time to answer me.
Tarask.

I'm updating the game as I'm typing this, figured I'd check it out after a couple of months of not playing it (maybe like 6+ months?), it looks like there isn't as much spam about why everyone is quitting on the forums anymore, and people are coming back, so it cannot be that bad, right? :D

5 hours ago, Tarask said:

HI all,

-Permanent bugs, crashes, zone lags (server side ofc).
-BOTFEST
-Grindfest (had to do 75 times the same dungeon to be able to upgrade weapon...)
-i won't mention all the problems with PvP...

1. bugs happen in every game so there always will be some bugs, crashes i cant say something to that (never got a crash that was not on my fault), zone lags (in over 1 year i only got 1-2 times dc cause of server)

2. they are there but not as many and not so obvoius

3. 75 times the same dungeon, yeah if you are unlucky try 100-200 times the same dungeon for legendary equipment

thanks xeleon and norytia ^^ i hope you will be happy with the changes, i'm still waiting some more opinions ^^ You know, i'm playing 10 to 16hours a day actually (and for the full incoming year), and i don't wanna invest so much time in a game if i quit it in 2 or 3 weeks because the game fail to do what is announced.

6 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

1. bugs happen in every game so there always will be some bugs, crashes i cant say something to that (never got a crash that was not on my fault), zone lags (in over 1 year i only got 1-2 times dc cause of server)

2. they are there but not as many and not so obvoius

3. 75 times the same dungeon, yeah if you are unlucky try 100-200 times the same dungeon for legendary equipment

1 - no, definately, NO, maybe you're less than 25years old and used to unfinished fast-cash game with bad coding, but that's not my case, i'm used to stable games, i'm playing everquest since 1999 and i only had ONE crash in that game during this whole time (i have a /played of 7 months (nearly 5000hours played) on my main character ), not to mention the thousands of console games that have zero bugs... etc.
When i left, i was crashing 5 to 6 times a day, and i wasn't the only one, i was crashing at the same rate with a brand new installation of windows and game, on 2 different computers, the only one not crashing was my third computer, an old 1 core pentium 4@3Ghz with 2Gb DDR under windows XP... so it was an obvious game coding problem...
About the lags, i remember blackwyrm, or soulstone plains or BSH daily event, when half people was disconnected or crashed, and lags being unbearable like 3 or 4 FPS coming from the server, with 120FPS available from your computer...
Just look at my posts, before i leave the game, you'll see how much i was disappointed, and that i wasn't the only one... less than one year after launch, game dropped to half it's active player peak database... It's not because all was well.

2- about the bots, i remember, having like 4 fights over 5 against bots in PvP arena from 2AM to 6AM... or seeing like an infinite number of bots farming exile and blackram narrows, you were seeing them zoning in and out at a rate of more than 10 every seconds (ok that's sort of fun, except when you notice they were then flooding the market with some items, creating deflation of these prices and global inflation... etc), they were also farming most spots needed for crafting...etc. etc.

3 - i'm not speaking about the luck, but raw calculus, okay i've been unlucky and had to do blackram narrows nearly 30 times to get my weap... but okay, they aren't managing well the RNG, i can deal with that, no what i call grindfest is needing to do LAIR4 to get 2 to 5 frozen stingers, and need 300 of this for your weapon breakthrough, and that there was, at this time, NO FASTER WAY to get it, except buy gold and go market... You can't decently make people doing the exact same thing again, and again, and again, and again...(X75) and call that a game.

Thanks again for taking on your time to answer,
Tarask.

Hello! i just started playin the game again yesterday. While buying premium i noticed i have a ,,code" to apply in my account, i went and seen it was a ,,returning hero pack" in my bns tab. I applied it and it turned out to include, between a lot more useful things, a stage 1 baleful weapon.   I upgrade it to lvl 3 and even got all 6 sockets on it... 

What im trying to say is, they r making it easy for players to come back to the game, so make sure u check if u got that pack. I am not sure how i triggered it and why i had it, but i didn't log in for 6months and had the biggest pack on bns release.,,  Please comment if u got it too or not, trying to figure out why some ppl didnt get it, maybe they just kept logging in?

3 hours ago, Leggo said:

Hello! i just started playin the game again yesterday. While buying premium i noticed i have a ,,code" to apply in my account, i went and seen it was a ,,returning hero pack" in my bns tab. I applied it and it turned out to include, between a lot more useful things, a stage 1 baleful weapon.   I upgrade it to lvl 3 and even got all 6 sockets on it... 

What im trying to say is, they r making it easy for players to come back to the game, so make sure u check if u got that pack. I am not sure how i triggered it and why i had it, but i didn't log in for 6months and had the biggest pack on bns release.,,  Please comment if u got it too or not, trying to figure out why some ppl didnt get it, maybe they just kept logging in?

you had to be inactive for around 3 or 6 month, means no log in and realy quitted the game for that time. 

Archived