The new dragonchar

sephy Kun

Surprisingly it is actually usable to an extent

I only have stage 6 baleful, stage 1 soul and no legendary accessory and i was still able to do a somewhat good rotation

I don't even have the HM skill for dragonchar. but i do have the HM skill for impact, and without that it isn't usable at all. 

What i did was start with lb+2+f or just lb+f if it crit, after that i just used C+1+2spam until i was low on focus and used lb+rb+f and went into my inferno combo then used impact+2spam again

Baleful alone provided me enough resets and focus reg to do this over and over, although it wasn't as much damage as blazing beam because i ran out of focus too quickly but it was still usable

So with higher gear, it'll be really easy to keep dragon char up for a longer time before you run out of focus and it'll probably even be the best choice for FM

Better if you post your build before starting discussion. Also hope you are talking about PVE burn build or flame build after patch. I think still better is basic rotation flame palm+frost palm+balzing beam rotation. But I've just not specifically tested it. As I noticed dual dragon was a liitle bit buffed, so also we should also talk about it.

The new dragonchar is in general only the bad version of frost build ice rain spam. You go either beam in fire or ice rain (yes I will still use this name for 2) in frost. Dragonchar spam depends too much on rng and focus generation. You can hit 3 times/s I believe and you need 2 hits to deal the same damage as beam. Then you have LB/RB and your "extra" damage from the 3rd hit is gone. Nope, no one should use dragonchar now outside of SB.

Dragonchar casts at 2.5 / sec for me

And I believe with Raven 6 and BT Fire Ring Dragonchar might be worth using, but it's not going to overtake Blazing Beam by much.

But generally I agree, with the exception of fairly extreme gear, Dragonchar just feels like a shittier version of Glacial Beam.

1 hour ago, Zedonia said:

The new dragonchar is in general only the bad version of frost build ice rain spam. You go either beam in fire or ice rain (yes I will still use this name for 2) in frost. Dragonchar spam depends too much on rng and focus generation. You can hit 3 times/s I believe and you need 2 hits to deal the same damage as beam. Then you have LB/RB and your "extra" damage from the 3rd hit is gone. Nope, no one should use dragonchar now outside of SB.

Well if you use MSP soulshields and baleful weapon with no other items for focus reg then yeah obviously the other 2 options are better than dragonchar.

dragonchar will be better if for example you have aquamarine gem, the HM skill for dragonchar, raven weapon, 3msp SS and the rest chokma SS. If i was still able to make it work in my low gear then You'll never run out of focus with raven gear and the extra dragonchar would be way better than rb/lb.

The sad thing is that the extra Dragonchars are only slightly better than bb+rb/lb even when you're proccing Raven+Bracelet 2.5x as often.

Though some of the next raid gear looks like it plays very nicely with Dragonchar / Glacial Beam.

5 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

aquamarine gem

It's focus on getting hit. Which boss attacks you permanently without killing you?

5 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

raven weapon

Doesnt change your focus costs/regeneration. Only ring helps but the effect is heavily rng so no, you cant rely on it.

1 hour ago, Mirryn said:

It's not about focus from Raven... it's about applying Raven effect 2.5x as often.

Ok, but the main problem still exist: You can't spam it very long. There are situations where it's good (masts 1st boss for example: stand in the poison and spam it) but in general and against single targets, it's just shit. I tested it there and it's not better than before: Without taking damage it's over after some seconds and you have to get focus back and 1 again (what does almost no damage now) and spam for some seconds. Just not worth it.

6 hours ago, Mirryn said:

90% static crit + 15% from procs + focus regen from proc will allow you to spam dragonchar indefinitely.

Even with almost 100% crit it wont work. If everything crits its still 2 focus per use and you can spam it around 2,5 times/s. Thats 5 focus/s. You cant get that focus back without getting hit. Short fuse helps some seconds and thats it. With BT ring buff you can spam it but this buff isnt always active. Maybe more in raids when many people have the gear but even there I cant say that I get much focus back and that was with the normal dragonchar rotation (before the update). If you can run a raid where it works, nice, maybe you can record it but otherwise its simply useless. You go either beam on fire or you go frost build.

Archived