Nerfed? Really?

Daggerpaw1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

Maybe you are right....but to create a new character would be just as sad maybe it is better to be done with this game and move on? It be sad to leave the game and i been on since second day the game was launched and now even hm13 [52% to hm 14] with 930+ ap. So I am not saying I am leaving but just may consider it. 

One thing that gets to me is why is the NA [and EU] version open to the world? when it is known the game is ping depended and making such changes like this making it worse for high ping  instead of having things done to help ping issues [like client side calculations, skill que etc] since it does open the game to the world where ping does become an issue. And I do have a friend with low ping who sees this as a buff not a nerf. Thus I feel this game should have just been for NA [or EU] and should have said says so from the beginning. like how the other versions are.

just now seeing a bm hardly get a threat in dungeon today....others pt members blame the bm for not tanking the boss well...then he said he have a high ping...so the members just let it slide...

On 13/04/2017 at 4:13 AM, newbiez said:

just now seeing a bm hardly get a threat in dungeon today....others pt members blame the bm for not tanking the boss well...then he said he have a high ping...so the members just let it slide...

I  feel that really a sad thing of a BM losing agro due to ping, it was bad before with high ping and thanks to this update it made it worse!

with the older way thing were I even manage to tank NF last boss at 400ms+  and not lose any aggro (my usual ping is about 300ms) but that day was a bad ping day, I was with friends they all thought I would lose aggro that day but I manage to pull that off [had to really focus] . and at my normal ping [300ms] I could tank NF 4 player too.

I  concern about the new one update not only with this new so called buff to dragontouge that become a big neft for high ping players [thus dps sucks worse] there are less threat skills as before...I used to combined then so I can generate big threat so even with others having low ping and higher dps at least threat is good. so before  I before this I can't dps that great due to high ping bit at least I could still tank... now I even got less threat skills too!

Now I am not so sure yet. Hope I can still do it since I havent group with my normal set of friends yet where most of them have low ping and high dps..  

yeah such a great update!

23 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

I  feel that really a sad thing of a BM losing agro due to ping, it was bad before with high ping and thanks to this update it made it worse!

with the older way thing were I even manage to tank NF last boss at 400ms+  and not lose any aggro (my usual ping is about 300ms) but that day was a bad ping day, I was with friends they all thought I would lose aggro that day but I manage to pull that off [had to really focus] . and at my normal ping [300ms] I could tank NF 4 player too.

I  concern about the new one update not only with this new so called buff to dragontouge that become a big neft for high ping players [thus dps sucks worse] there are less threat skills as before...I used to combined then so I can generate big threat so even with others having low ping and higher dps at least threat is good. so before  I before this I can't dps that great due to high ping bit at least I could still tank... now I even got less threat skills too!

Now I am not so sure yet. Hope I can still do it since I havent group with my normal set of friends yet where most of them have low ping and high dps..  

yeah such a great update!

well cant help it..im wondering if those high ping will delete their bm or not

22 hours ago, newbiez said:

well cant help it..im wondering if those high ping will delete their bm or not

As for me ...i can still tank [finally tested it with my friends]  but not that great at agro as before. I also easily lose aggro to a lower ap BM who has lower ping but before this patch that BM could not take aggro from me even with lower ping and higher dps [unless I mess up but then it wasn't too hard to get it back]. Now it was too easy to lose aggro to that BM [even with me not messing up and almost not possible to get it back now]. Me and this other BM did this right after the patch went live with no new upgrades on gear etc [before doing the regular test with friends who are not tanks]. 

I won't delete my bm most likely but may quit the whole game if this gets too frustrating since the game hardly respect the fact that there are high ping players [since the game is open to the world and not a regional game like other versions]  and doing such a horrible update which make high ping become worse is so not cool! I was even expecting something to ease off having high ping [like skill que, client side computations , high ping buff or something] but yet it only had to make things worse! I only have one character and do not wish to make more high ping characters, and do not like to start over. Nor do I really enjoy other classes. 

I put a lot of time, money and effort into this game and this is what I get? a mega nerf for just having high ping, it wasn't that great before with high ping but now this is way worse!  Personally I would get less upset if it was a global nerf to BM [like the non crit drangontouge nerf] but it really is basically a nerf to high ping BM only!  Why nerf high ping player who are already suffering??

I do hope BnS really does something positive to remedy this!

1 hour ago, LaraKelly said:

As for me ...i can still tank [finally tested it with my friends]  but not that great at agro as before. I also easily lose aggro to a lower ap BM who has lower ping but before this patch that BM could not take aggro from me even with lower ping and higher dps [unless I mess up but then it wan't too hard to get it back]. Now it was too easy to lose aggro to that BM [even with me not messing up and almost not possible to get it back now]. Me and this other BM did this right after the patch went live with no new upgrades on gear etc [before doing the regular test with friends who are not tanks]. 

I won't delete my bm most likely but may quit the whole game if this gets too frustrating since the game hardly respect the fact that there are high ping players [since the game is open to the world and not a regional game like other versions]  and doing such a horrible update which make high ping become worse is so not cool! I was even expecting something to ease off having high ping [like skill que, client side computations , high ping buff or something] but yet it only had to make things worse! I only have one character and do not wish to make more high ping characters, and do not like to start over. Nor do I really enjoy other classes. 

I put a lot of time, money and effort into this game and this is what I get? a mega nerf for just having high ping, it wasn't that great before with high ping but now this is way worse!  Personally I would get less upset if it was a global nerf to BM [like the non crit drangontouge nerf] but it really is basically a nerf to high ping BM only!  Why nerf high ping player who are already suffering??

I do hope BnS really does something positive to remedy this!

high ping,low dmg,melee class...phew i wont play that kind of melee class...and yeah low ping always get advantage against high ping

I often wonder if people ever consider that when they get their class nerfed, it is not because people complained, but more so because the buff they received to "balance" was overboard and thus they need to dial it back? sigh, people in this game do not care about balance, they just want the odds to be stacked in their class's favor. Maybe it's an age difference or generation of gamer difference, but it blows my mind the mentality of people who are terrified of the idea that a having a fair challenge that's equal for both yourself and your opponent is some how a bad thing. I guess I'll just never understand.

Maybe i'm too old, have I reached the age that I can say "well, back in myyyyy dayy"

:: pushes up imaginary bifocals from falling off nose :: 

31 is not that old >_<

1 hour ago, Leodore said:

I often wonder if people ever consider that when they get their class nerfed, it is not because people complained, but more so because the buff they received to "balance" was overboard and thus they need to dial it back?

Actually i even think DT got buffed. Ppl with high ping may feel nerf while others like me admit little buff, its just not really fair. 

But they nerfed/removed few other skills like i said before, they are: deflect, rush, raid, searing falcon, and fun skill ignoring block while knock down (dont remember name). Few of them were not overpowered to touch. They should better remove damn DT instead. And btw we still have new badge for reset Raid cd after five-point strike, lol. It could be usefull with old Raid skill, but now its just nonsense.

Hey NCSOFT give us those *useless* skills back.

add: and now when i see deflect by BD, destro, warlocks i feel scammed.

17 minutes ago, Talvi said:

Actually i even think DT got buffed. Ppl with high ping may feel nerf while others like me admit little buff, its just not really fair. 

But they nerfed/removed few other skills like i said before, they are: deflect, rush, raid, searing falcon, and fun skill ignoring block while knock down (dont remember name). Few of them were not overpowered to touch. They should better remove damn DT instead. And btw we still have new badge for reset Raid cd after five-point strike, lol. It could be usefull with old Raid skill, but now its just nonsense.

Hey NCSOFT give us those *useless* skills back.

add: and now when i see deflect by BD, destro, warlocks i feel scammed.

I'm an FM, when i see blocks, parries, 1 button aerials, cc's that last longer than 2 seconds, cc's on super fast cooldown, burst damage, attacks that can be done when grabbing someone, spammable damage mitigation skills, and in-vulnerabilities that you can still attack during instead of self CCing, I feel a bit scammed :P lol

But i feel your pain I suppose lol ^_^ <3

Find it kinda funny how the BMs is so affected by this change, they are so angry that their class got nerfed. When Summoner got multitude of nerfs I bet most of these guys were going like "yeah, serves them right, damn scummoners needed that nerf" but when their class needed a nerf (which isn't really a nerf, just rebalancing, unlike summoners outright nerfs), they go about screaming curses left and right. BM is still ridiculously strong despite these nerfs, almost down to the rest of the classes. And to the guys that complain about having high ping and seeing their damage go down, too bad, you will probably still deal more damage than with any other class that already have ping reliance issues (which is pretty much all classes on their strongest spec).

I think I read somewhere in here of a guy that had trouble tanking, which I find really odd, if you go + threat (basic stance 2 is the first one that comes to mind) you can deal 33-50% less damage and still hold threat no problem at all unless you are trying to tank some bulky raven weapon dude with a tiny baleful sword... or if some KFM want to troll you and go full threat build himself.

4 hours ago, Yndril said:

Find it kinda funny how the BMs is so affected by this change, they are so angry that their class got nerfed. When Summoner got multitude of nerfs I bet most of these guys were going like "yeah, serves them right, damn scummoners needed that nerf" but when their class needed a nerf (which isn't really a nerf, just rebalancing, unlike summoners outright nerfs), they go about screaming curses left and right. BM is still ridiculously strong despite these nerfs, almost down to the rest of the classes. And to the guys that complain about having high ping and seeing their damage go down, too bad, you will probably still deal more damage than with any other class that already have ping reliance issues (which is pretty much all classes on their strongest spec).

I think I read somewhere in here of a guy that had trouble tanking, which I find really odd, if you go + threat (basic stance 2 is the first one that comes to mind) you can deal 33-50% less damage and still hold threat no problem at all unless you are trying to tank some bulky raven weapon dude with a tiny baleful sword... or if some KFM want to troll you and go full threat build himself.

summoner still op despite the so called nerf they get like u said...not to mention they got damn freaking useful familiar unlike lame weak warlock familiar...playing for months im still dont get the part why the class name warlock need to keep summoning their familiar while the class name summoner doesnt need to keep summoning their familiar unless the familiar dead...i cant imagine how summoner will react if they need to keep summoning their familiar like warlock..about the threat bm they said their threat skills gone during drawing stance since pretty much bm always in drawing stance aka raid skill...

On 17/04/2017 at 3:52 AM, Yndril said:

Find it kinda funny how the BMs is so affected by this change, they are so angry that their class got nerfed. ......

The issues I have with this it is supposed to be actually a buff. If you ping is low this is really a buff but if you ping is high it become a neft. So why is Bns nerfing player with high ping? It not a global neft, it only nerfs high ping players.

On 4/13/2017 at 7:44 PM, Leodore said:

BM dragontongue did more dmg per hit in f9 than FM's inferno (which has a 45 second cooldown) , which is ridiculous, glad the dmg got nerfed. It's about time, there are no extra rewards in dungeons for being top DPS or doing more dmg that your teammates, but in pvp, when the scales are tipped in BMs favor, much more rewards and character growth happens. Seeing a BM complain about it, meh, I get it, nobody particularly likes to see their dmg nerfed, however, this is an over all buff for BM (sorry about your ping though). 

An overall buff for the select few that live near the server. Everybody else can safely consider this as a nerf. When the number of the former is much lower than the number of the latter, the change in question is effectively a nerf as it harms more people than it helps. You being sorry out of politeness won't change anything, sadly.

you know, I have noticed that I can take aggro from pretty much anyone even remotely close to my stats, definitely anything within 100-150 ap above me

I have an FM which is now a fire-spitting death machine on steroids, and I basically live near enough to the servers and am on a good internet backbone.

my poor buddy from the island of java I believe he said, has bad ping and is always getting knocked down etc.  he has a decent character which is better stats than mine, but ya that ping hurts his game. 

8 hours ago, newbiez said:

summoner still op despite the so called nerf they get like u said...not to mention they got damn freaking useful familiar unlike lame weak warlock familiar...playing for months im still dont get the part why the class name warlock need to keep summoning their familiar while the class name summoner doesnt need to keep summoning their familiar unless the familiar dead...i cant imagine how summoner will react if they need to keep summoning their familiar like warlock..about the threat bm they said their threat skills gone during drawing stance since pretty much bm always in drawing stance aka raid skill...

If you don't ever go out of draw stance for one second to use 2 in basic stance, then don't complain about your threat, you have the tools available, use them, just because draw stance is where all your damage comes from, does not mean you should never get out of it... I have no trouble at all tanking on my BM and I always opened with 2 in basic stance and always went out of draw once every 10 or so seconds to use my 2 and tab right back into draw stance.

BMs should stop whining about threat generation. I play in KR with 450ping and I can hold aggro against people much stronger than me with ease. They removed the aggro from cyclone and putted threat generation on Lunar Slash which is more than enough to maintain aggro thru the whole fight. Remember, threat doesnt stack. You say you dont have threat generation skill in draw stance anymore? Lunar Slash! Or you didnt notice that yet? I love it how you guys whine about things you dont even understand. BM is not a right clicker class anymore unlike summoners or WLs :D

Also, the deflect block is not such a big deal anyways. BMs still have the deflect which goes on stage3 of the block skill (if you dont have it, now is the time to get it :D). Yes it does have cooldown but who cares? Learn when to use it. Holding down 1 and expecting to win or make an opening with deflect is as dumb as it can sound.

13 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Also, the deflect block is not such a big deal anyways. BMs still have the deflect which goes on stage3 of the block skill (if you dont have it, now is the time to get it :D). Yes it does have cooldown but who cares? Learn when to use it. Holding down 1 and expecting to win or make an opening with deflect is as dumb as it can sound.

dumb or not, its already in veins since game release. Besides few other classes still have it. And while we had a choice between hm-block and deflect, majority BMs prefer immune-one, so means parry was not overpowered. Really dumb is to talk about deflect with 30 sec cooldown.

9 hours ago, newbiez said:

Actually looked over the skills and noticed I don't even have to use 2 anymore, you can just spec threat on lunar slash without any loss...

1 hour ago, Talvi said:

dumb or not, its already in veins since game release. Besides few other classes still have it. And while we had a choice between hm-block and deflect, majority BMs prefer immune-one, so means parry was not overpowered. Really dumb is to talk about deflect with 30 sec cooldown.

Wrong again. Did you even know that parry block also have immunity, even stronger immunity than the other one? I will leave the rest to you. Inform yourself better before you throw bs here and there :D

6 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Wrong again. Did you even know that parry block also have immunity, even stronger immunity than the other one? I will leave the rest to you. Inform yourself better before you throw bs here and there :D

Yes i know it has immunity but parry with 25 sec cd. What is exactly wrong? I miss old deflect without cd and not immune skill, and i want a choice between them like it was.

1 hour ago, Yndril said:

Actually looked over the skills and noticed I don't even have to use 2 anymore, you can just spec threat on lunar slash without any loss...

yeah i know that but its kinda waste for raid skill...nothing in that skill just approach now...and reason want the threat so much  because its kinda annoying when the range class get the threat and they love to move around so the bm need to move there and there...

Archived