Nerfed? Really?

Daggerpaw1

So I wait through 4 hours of extended maintenance to figure out that my BM's main dps skill, Dragontounge, now does 2k less damage with 730 attack power and 10% elemental boost than it did with 630 attack power and no elemental boost before the update. Great ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing job. What the hell is the point of a stat boost if my dps is worse even with 100 more attack power and 10% base damage increase? What the hell?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damage is nerfed but attack speed seems to have been increased. I can pull off an extra 3 or 4 dragontongues before conflagration from Tab skill runs out. I basically don't have to ever use flicker unless something interrupts my spamming dragontongue

in korea I think everyone is supposed be to be just from Korea so ping is not an issue

but this NA version there are player with high ping and this just make things worse, since the ping cause more damage lost then before. 

I have high ping and was upset with the dps before due to ping  [tho manage to live with it] but now this has made it even worse! 

Let me give you a heads up here, BMs were never meant to be top dps but a TANK class. No KR BM uses fire build anymore because lightning outclasses it by far (with low ping) in endgame content and items. Fire became the new PVP build and lightning is the pve build for BMs in KR. Learn and adapt to it.

The "nerf" you call it is actually a buff because you get 30% speed increase and -20% dmg on RB. With low ping you actually do lots more dmg than before, high ping however suffer the most (I play BM in KR and I can say its annoying but still better than nothing). You do less dmg but in the end you have more hits due to the increased speed.

The thing is your right. Didnt they say at live stream your char will even be more stronger now even if you didnt upgrade or anything. So it shouldnt effect any dmg you deal with high ping or not. Some people have even made video or screenshot before patch training at mushin dummy just to be sure that stat hold true even after the patch(be it if you now add some ap point+elemental etc) but seems like even after patch it speak for itself total dmg "sucked" and "rigged". As said if some other post. They are pretty sneaky with some "hidden" changes and think people wouldnt notice this. In Kor can understand thats what some of way things went abit. But yea understand that kor suppose to be korean and ofc which give of for better ping/ms. But we live in EU/NA arent everyone suppose to be welcomed and choice which class they prefer and still can enjoy game with good dmg high ms or not? And if this person have already great dmg before the patch(even if his ms might not be ok), why take it away(with some sneaky "nerf") now? Let people have those same dmg and bit more precisely as they said in live stream.

I think they might be "tricking" people by also having buff event on some of high end purple dungeon. And once the event is done you shouldnt notice any kind of "nerf" difference because they already "gotten used" to it. But because of people having notice their base dmg already changed or even checked their previous live stream video or screenshot. Player not easily manipulated to think that you remove some upgrade mats for LG weap and only to think that you doing 2k less or so..that it kinda defeats the purpose on upgrading because ncsoft took something what people work hard on upgrading their stats.

It just doesnt justify. Solo or not, doing pve every class should have potential to be good high end dps as well. In some case tank need to have high dmg too with threat/aggro to able keep the pull as well. And this is what i mean with sneaky changes now that people have example already done alot for pve on firebuild as example they suddenly pull t upside down with new sshields, ring element etc that benefit the opposite build. Now the player need redo all build again and more and more hassle. Which is kinda sh*t if people want to keep their current build it should still progress on later content not punished and redo all build again(just like one can chose new weap upgrade path to be"stronger"). Who are to say they not pulling same thing and make firebuild in future again something better(but might be new skills with fire instead etc). In time people do notice this doing back and forth which kinda gives bad impression.

In the end however they twist and turn even with new skills,P adding bonus, less mats upgrade etc those are just words the real deal is what you se on dmg live testing. If player basicly notice doing less dmg before the patch then it basicly s*cks high ms or not everyone should be welcome to do equall or better dmg now after the patch. There should be fix value for this like least all 650+ no problem on asura tomb ebon etc, 700+ can do 6man normal and hard mode even new Sanctum.No matter how hard people work and upgraded their gear they can always in later patch just release new content with sneaky changes that "nerf or revamp most limit on the gear can handle ingame". Understand they might prob do ths because of "business forcing ppl p2...w" ppl choice, 1 thing to make 6man hard dungeon. But stat are something thats sacred to player who worked hard and took alot time and effort before patch. And suddenly they can just nonchalantly rigged and change stuff behind the scenes? That kinda give pretty bad impression and is serious feedback to be taken account from players. They claim the char becomes stronger after patch but in reality it been doing less dmg that frikken insane. Stronger in meaning same total atk dmg and status at that point after the patch nothing should be at minus what you had before the sneaky patch.

Seeing that they prob "rigged" 6man dang hard mode to be so frikken hard now and u might notice again huge AP gap ppl requesting from 700-800+ inF8 which even further divide the community. Even if ones gear up more to get stronger with the new stuff..it still doesnt justify the hard and effort people had gone through to have those dmg/stat before the patch. So is like everything they did is just lost thats what they taken away. WTF ncosft? With all respect fix your s*** and stop manipulating people stat/dmg after the patch. All those things are recorded and compared already before new patch just to keep you updated on what we player notice seeing as you welcome feedback and constructive criticism. Must admit that there is ring of truth in what daggerpaw1 means its already be "rigged".

-

Why wasnt this sneaky "nerf" added on the announcement patch?
Its like basicly nothing has changed.
What baffled. Why couldnt they kept both? Let say if BM did 20k x 6 DT rotation with Lunar slash and now you only do 18k or so x6 +2-3more strike with the 30% more atk speed. Even if it give abit more. Why couldnt it just stay the same 20k fixed dmg anyway + 30% atk speed new patch. It still be ok for high ms/ping user to take advantange of. That simple as that pve wise ofcourse.
Seeing as NA/EU is big different on ping/ms location vs kor fix nearby player most.
They already know this, NA/EU hosting international player around the globe. The game should be welcomed to make even ok for people have some dis advantage high ms whichever class the chose. And every extra dmg is important for those casual gamers. Kinda strange why remove and add soemthing making things more complicated. Just kept both in fix value still overall good for higher ms user.

Why interfere with whats already good for the player sake when they have the lil advantange later ncsoft then just all sudden twist things up(with new patch kill change and stat, which shouldnt be effected) which to gain like 80% advatange on their side.
The dragonT also only reaches max 3m(plus with high risk nearby boss/mobs do wish they added some evolve skill that may reach like 4-5m but with maybe only 80-90%dmg) vs FM/any ranged atk ongoing, even if its bit weaker, all dmg in time long ranged atk will still accumulate alot on distance/low risk positions.
-
As melee char like KFM/BM already taking high risk close range so its only good it has bit more dmg and speed to take advatange off.
All these skills are being delayed/interupted becuz of the iframe/block from time to time tanking/dps so who saying a BM might even complete DT rotation. Adding even more disadvantage with only 3m reach VS long rangebit smaller dps but still consistant and accumulate alot of dmg.
In short kept good dmg BM had before the patch and just add the extra atk speed that needed all melee happy high ms(which dmg part important also for high ms user, so they can also keep tank+pull so dont realy need take away like -20%dmg reduction by replacing some extra atk speed. just keep both and reward hardworking melee who even has higher ms to take advantage off. Instead of complicating things by reducing dmg ad then add lil atk speed. High ms or not everyone should be givin chance to do good dmg even if they melee. Specially when they play melee on good community like NA/EU servers and not be compared with KOR servers.

With all do respect please think and use your HEAD! and not the lower end!

Is not frikken ego..but is the TRUTH for melee vs range class. And also talking about on pve side not on PVP. Even if BM dt got bit lowered the reach can alway only reach 3m max. VS ranged LMB(NO CD) or RMB(no CD) that FROM A FARRRRR(HALLO FAR AWAY+SAFETLY to use without any risky mobs/boss nearby) can atk with constant atk dmg without any interruptions/risk near bosses! 

On 2017-04-12 at 11:39 PM, Daggerpaw1 said:

So I wait through 4 hours of extended maintenance to figure out that my BM's main dps skill, Dragontounge, now does 2k less damage with 730 attack power and 10% elemental boost than it did with 630 attack power and no elemental boost before the update. Great ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing job. What the hell is the point of a stat boost if my dps is worse even with 100 more attack power and 10% base damage increase? What the hell?

BM dragontongue did more dmg per hit in f9 than FM's inferno (which has a 45 second cooldown) , which is ridiculous, glad the dmg got nerfed. It's about time, there are no extra rewards in dungeons for being top DPS or doing more dmg that your teammates, but in pvp, when the scales are tipped in BMs favor, much more rewards and character growth happens. Seeing a BM complain about it, meh, I get it, nobody particularly likes to see their dmg nerfed, however, this is an over all buff for BM (sorry about your ping though). 

Hi, so here is what the patch did to me

Dragontongue now hits for 30% less (before up to 10k crit now up to 7k crit)

In the three second period after lunar slash i now get 7-8 DT's instead of 6-7 before (depending on ping).

Given all Crits for calculation sake:

before: 60-70k from DT after lunar

now: 49-56k

For me that's about a 20% Damage reduction on my main damage skill. I think that's pretty drastic.

Even if I would get 8 DT's more often now then I got 7 DT's before I am still missing over 10% of my damage.

Not sure if they say we wouldn't loose damage but if they did they were pretty much just lying.

Can't really tell if this nerf was needed but it feels like a lot :(.

I'm level 48 right now and have a ping of 90-140ms (showing in game while fighting).

How many DT's can you guys fit into one Lunar Slash?

A 30% speed increase should mean 8-9 DT's now for me. Under no circumstances could i get 9 though, as of yet.

And even if i did i did get 9 occasionally I would still be down by 10% compared to 7 hits on 10k each. 

16 hours ago, CookiesNmilk said:

Damage is nerfed but attack speed seems to have been increased. I can pull off an extra 3 or 4 dragontongues before conflagration from Tab skill runs out. I basically don't have to ever use flicker unless something interrupts my spamming dragontongue

Whats your ping at usually? And Total number of DT's before and after?

8 hours ago, NightFer said:

The "nerf" you call it is actually a buff because you get 30% speed increase and -20% dmg on RB. With low ping you actually do lots more dmg than before, high ping however suffer the most (I play BM in KR and I can say its annoying but still better than nothing). You do less dmg but in the end you have more hits due to the increased speed.

For me it seems to be the other way around. Like 30% less dmg and 20% more speed. While the speed doesn't really matter because its the number of DT's that count. The One more DT you might almost get in but which doesn't quite fit wont do any damage in the end.

I play with pretty high ping (varyies from 80 at good times to 200ms on bad times) and i barely notice the dps loss. My opinion so far is that the increased cast speed of dt make up for the -20% damage on it and even tho i have 110+ ap more now i do pretty much the same dps as before patch.

On 13/04/2017 at 4:13 AM, newbiez said:

bye2 high ping bm...go make a new char...tho i feel  bad to those high ping bm

Maybe you are right....but to create a new character would be just as sad maybe it is better to be done with this game and move on? It be sad to leave the game and i been on since second day the game was launched and now even hm13 [52% to hm 14] with 930+ ap. So I am not saying I am leaving but just may consider it. 

One thing that gets to me is why is the NA [and EU] version open to the world? when it is known the game is ping depended and making such changes like this making it worse for high ping  instead of having things done to help ping issues [like client side calculations, skill que etc] since it does open the game to the world where ping does become an issue. And I do have a friend with low ping who sees this as a buff not a nerf. Thus I feel this game should have just been for NA [or EU] and should have said says so from the beginning. like how the other versions are.

Dragontoung looks fine for me. But they removed block-deflect and moved status effects extender to low panel so it cant be used while flock of blade stance. And searing falcon with 36 secs cd stun got removed too. So its just ruined all my combos and play style. The most loss for me is deflect, and now i cant image any fun in 6v6 without it. Dont want even login to game.

Archived