Key Combo - Quick Combo Training 2 Assassin, too fast for possibility?

PraiseDasSun

Maybe its just me being a shitter (which I don't believe that's the case, surprising huh? /s), a ping issue, or maybe its just miscalculated but the Quick Combo Training 2 for assassins where you can only use Heart Stab and Dark Strike on the dummy seems to be impossible for me, the timing just doesn't work at all with the animation length. Yes the dummy is 5 stacked with poison.

I agree, and not only for assassin. The timing of when the game wants you to do it and you doing it in those very short intervals is ridiculously unfair in an online game that is ping dependent. Even if ping wasn't an issue, it's that the game decides when you should be doing it via the countdown and GO! This is a flawed way to teach for the final training session, the game shouldn't be deciding when you start. The timing window that you have to keep up with should start the moment YOU begin the combo. There should be no countdown, just a timer the moment you initiate the first step of the combo. Even that timer might be too harsh at the moment when you take the great variations in player ping.

The funny thing is that I can do these combos no problem in real game situations, because I am the one initiating the start of the combo. Many players might get put off by this simple yet vital final combo, thinking they're not doing it right. When in reality, they are doing it right, just not in the short time frame the game wants you to do in the sessions.

I tried the Destroyer final combo skills of Judgement->Cleave->Mighty Cleave->Judgement->Cleave->Judgement->Cleave and the more simpler final combo of Wrath->Cleave->Wrath->Cleave->Wrath->Cleave and they are practically impossible to clear. And like I said before, I can do these combos no problem in an actual real game situation, but not in the "training" situation. It feels somewhat backwards and to be honest a little off-putting to know you can do something but the system won't allow you the clear.

I'm sure many players will enjoy learning skill combos via this new system. But when they reach the last training sessions, at least for some classes, it's going to leave a bitter taste in their mouth along with a dose of frustration simply because they can't clear it and they know they're doing it right. They spent that time clearing these training session only to get frustrated right at the end and out of no fault of their own.

22 minutes ago, DragonsCrown said:

I agree, and not only for assassin. The timing of when the game wants you to do it and you doing it in those very short intervals is ridiculously unfair in an online game that is ping dependent. Even if ping wasn't an issue, it's that the game decides when you should be doing it via the countdown and GO! This is a flawed way to teach for the final training session, the game shouldn't be deciding when you start. The timing window that you have to keep up with should start the moment YOU begin the combo. There should be no countdown, just a timer the moment you initiate the first step of the combo. Even that timer might be too harsh at the moment when you take the great variations in player ping.

The funny thing is that I can do these combos no problem in real game situations, because I am the one initiating the start of the combo. Many players might get put off by this simple yet vital final combo, thinking they're not doing it right. When in reality, they are doing it right, just not in the short time frame the game wants you to do in the sessions.

I tried the Destroyer final combo skills of Judgement->Cleave->Mighty Cleave->Judgement->Cleave->Judgement->Cleave and the more simpler final combo of Wrath->Cleave->Wrath->Cleave->Wrath->Cleave and they are practically impossible to clear. And like I said before, I can do these combos no problem in an actual real game situation, but not in the "training" situation. It feels somewhat backwards and to be honest a little off-putting to know you can do something but the system won't allow you the clear.

I'm sure many players will enjoy learning skill combos via this new system. But when they reach the last training sessions, at least for some classes, it's going to leave a bitter taste in their mouth along with a dose of frustration simply because they can't clear it and they know they're doing it right. They spent that time clearing these training session only to get frustrated right at the end and out of no fault of their own.

Yeah when I was trying to do it even though I was doing it right,which its kind of impossible to get it wrong, it just made me feel stupid and like I was playing my character wrong the whole time.

I found an even funnier situation! I switched my skills to a shadow build to complete those and one of the final training sessions of the shadow build for Destroyer is SO simple you can't do it wrong. It's Fury>Wrath>Wrath>Wrath>Wrath>Wrath>Wrath and it's still impossible to clear LOL. This one is the best because you literally hit one button and hold another and yet it still won't let me clear it.

I'd advise people to avoid doing the final training sessions if the game keeps failing you over and over. Until some adjustments are made it's not worth getting frustrated about.

Yeah no matter what I did/do I always get at least 1 skill fail on Destroyer Earth. I was able to finish all of Shadow training though and the chest is not worth it. Only gives you Foundation Ring Earring and Necklace nothing else.

ditto, and the game also has a fudged up UI in the training room.  Pressing ESC to free up your mouse curser to access the three options while training (Retry, View List and Exit), and that gets covered up by the additional features/system menu.

It was difficult to do it, but then i realise i was doing it wrong, you need to start the combo right when the circle that appears around the skill key icon becomes the same size of the skill icon itself, not timing this correctly will cause you to fail the whole combo.

i would post a video but server is under maintenance, its hard yeah but its not a bug imho.

On 4/26/2017 at 2:20 PM, Shinobi X said:

It was difficult to do it, but then i realise i was doing it wrong, you need to start the combo right when the circle that appears around the skill key icon becomes the same size of the skill icon itself, not timing this correctly will cause you to fail the whole combo.

i would post a video but server is under maintenance, its hard yeah but its not a bug imho.

I know how to do it its just literally impossible. Still trying to this day, timing isn't the problem for me since I've had many years of instrument playing under my belt.

I did all the hongmoon training room lessons that were at the last label of dark strike (I mean where it is 'grandmaster' or whatever), and yes, it is very hard, at least for sin, to hit those quick combos (both the heartstab + dark strike, and the others), but nonetheless, it IS possible, you just have to be insanely accurate to hit them. The problem is that your timing must be very good. 

• 2 weeks later...

bit of a necro but I'd agree with the timing, Force master here and I've been using the lmb rmb 2 and the rmb lmb 2 combo for the whole game and now I'm "not" doing it right..... forget this.In the next update either simply remove the "quick combos" or make them more forgiving by a lot or simply include a way to hide the hongmoon training room icon. I can do the combo much faster in game then trying to match the ridiculous combo timing they have. The best I've gotten is 5/6. I just thought of this now but really what they should do is simply give a time limit to compete the combo instead of making you time each button press to make them in a ping dependent game. I just spent the last hour trying to complete it and it wasn't fun at all I'm seriously thinking of looking for a different mmo now. On that note if anyone has any suggests of a new mmo I should play PM me.

• 3 weeks later...

I know I don't have good ping, but I'm watching my character do the motions at the same time the circle is lighting up, and still not getting any of them. Eventually sat there for 10 minutes just trying to get only the first part, which is just left click, at all different timings and i still haven't gotten it. It almost seems like it's not even the timing, but that it's just saying I'm pressing the wrong buttons. 

• 1 year later...

Necroing this Post hoping some Mods or Creators (WHO ACTUALLY CARES) to notice this and fix the training. I'm a new player and as you all have gone through being a newbie is that EVERY FREEBIE COUNTS! So it's kind of frustrating that, being a perfectionist myself like completing all quests and stuff, I can't even complete Training and making you doubt yourself if you're good to play the game with the others. I hope they will either remove the countdown and start when you actually do the skill or prolong the combo time to press the next skill so as it goes through. As said by most people above, people with high ping won't even be able to get 2 successions right let alone all of the combo set. Also it's not about just the ping, the animation is a bit longer than the required time to hit the next combo. There's like a 0.5 sec delay before you can use the next skill and the combo to be pressed is like shorter than 0.5 sec, so I do know it's very impossible especially you combine the 2 factors of skill animation and lag/ping and that makes it impossible.

• 7 months later...

Archived