compensation for EU players

KenzoAlex

oh don't start this again.. every *cricket*ing time there is a major update EU starts to cry about not being able to play for a day. 

Nc is hosted in the west, they run off PST, that includes when maintenance is. This happens.. EVERY WEEK.. and has happened EVERY WEEK for 12 YEARS! This is absolutly nothing new. 

12 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

oh don't start this again.. every *cricket*ing time there is a major update EU starts to cry about not being able to play for a day. 

Nc is hosted in the west, they run off PST, that includes when maintenance is. This happens.. EVERY WEEK.. and has happened EVERY WEEK for 12 YEARS! This is absolutly nothing new. 

more whales gonna QQ today XD 

Or you can just buy some of the event tokens and help support the game you play for FREE

Staff are trying their best to get the servers up and running again. Don't demand and expect any compensation. If they extend the event by a day, great, if not, suck it up and move on

11 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

oh don't start this again.. every friken time there is a major update EU starts to cry about not being able to play for a day. 

Personally i can live with a day without BnS.

But u NA guys can still play the whole evening, while for us in the EU it is 8:30pm when the patch is done (if they dont extend it further).
Maybe just show some empathy, totally understandable that ppl are anoyed when the maintenance starts at 1pm and goes until 8:30pm

staying silent sure are gonna make things better, people can voice their opinions all they want.

Other mmos hosted by Us companies have had no trouble doing maintenance during eu night time for their eu population, ever since the very first mmos, so why is this company so medieval? and why should we not be allowed to expect the same for our game?

Also why are eu customers paying more for their Ncoin than US players? other mmos that have cash shops have no problems changing the values to fit so each pay the same, but this game eu customers get to pay a lot more since the dollar is worth a lot less than the euro, but for instance 800 ncoin cost 10 dollar and 10 euro.....

I can't see how you can get annoyed when you know that Wednesday is maintenance day?  
Look, shit happens, and the people at NCSoft are just people as well.
They can make mistakes too, and they work their asses off to actually fix it. 
If people are so tired and annoyed, then leave the game instead of being rude people on the forum. 

17 minutes ago, Sylmarien said:

Personally i can live with a day without BnS.

But u NA guys can still play the whole evening, while for us in the EU it is 8:30pm when the patch is done (if they dont extend it further).
Maybe just show some empathy, totally understandable that ppl are anoyed when the maintenance starts at 1pm and goes until 8:30pm

No I really can't, because as I stated NC soft has been doing this for actually 13 years now (I forgot we're heading to 14 years this month). Lineage 2 had maintenance every morning on Wednesday at 8 am PST since it opened. Never once did I EVER see an EU complain about maint time the entire 12 years I played the game and my server was heavy on Russians and UK players. 

Aion is the same way.. Lineage 2/ Aion, BnS all go under maint at the same time every day.. but BnS is the only one you will find the EU players whining and complaining and demanding compensation. 

To make it so EU players can play you would be asking the dev team to start working on the servers at 3-4 am if not sooner every week. They start working on the servers anywhere from 6-8 am normally. EU has to remember they are playing an NA based game, hosted in the United states and we are several hours behind.. shit is going to run on NA time. 

11 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

No I really can't, because as I stated NC soft has been doing this for actually 13 years now (I forgot we're heading to 14 years this month). Lineage 2 had maintenance every morning on Wednesday at 8 am PST since it opened. Never once did I EVER see an EU complain about maint time the entire 12 years I played the game and my server was heavy on Russians and UK players. 

Aion is the same way.. Lineage 2/ Aion, BnS all go under maint at the same time every day.. but BnS is the only one you will find the EU players whining and complaining and demanding compensation. 

To make it so EU players can play you would be asking the dev team to start working on the servers at 3-4 am if not sooner every week. They start working on the servers anywhere from 6-8 am normally. EU has to remember they are playing an NA based game, hosted in the United states and we are several hours behind.. shit is going to run on NA time. 

god, how shortsighted are you, IT companies all over the world come in at night to service their software/hardware depending on the customers need, especially if they are a gobal company.

This is such a cheapskate solution, mmos based in US have had eu maintenance times fit eu pop since 2000, so why cant this company do it in 2017?

53 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

If it's not new it doesn't mean that it's right. :) Actually I don't care about the extended maintenance, I have a real life, but when you want to play and your "effective time" is spent on waiting for the servers to come back... this can trigger some people and I can understand that. :)

But anyway... you're a typical NA player, no offense. :)

3 minutes ago, Zerachiel said:

If the maintenance time for the European players is this big of an issue, I have a suggestion. A game company bought the rights to host the EU Lineage 2 servers a while back, it might be a wise idea for the players over in Europe to maybe see about talking to the game company that bought Lineage 2 to possible buy and host Blade and Soul. Looking at their website their maintenance while also hosted today ended over 7 hours ago.  

if its 7 h in the morning we dont care but bns right now took from around 1 pm - evening and still going. thats prime time for gaming ofc ppl complain .-. 

19 minutes ago, csisy said:

If it's not new it doesn't mean that it's right. :) Actually I don't care about the extended maintenance, I have a real life, but when you want to play and your "effective time" is spent on waiting for the servers to come back... this can trigger some people and I can understand that. :)

But anyway... you're a typical NA player, no offense. :)

If the maintenance time for the European players is this big of an issue, I have a suggestion. A game company bought the rights to host the EU Lineage 2 servers a while back, it might be a wise idea for the players over in Europe to maybe see about talking to the game company that bought Lineage 2 to possible buy and host Blade and Soul. Looking at their website their maintenance while also hosted today ended over 7 hours ago.  

3 minutes ago, Zerachiel said:

That is what I am saying. The company that bought the Lineage 2 EU servers host the maintenance during the early morning. 4game I believe is the company and it does not look like they are a part of NcSoft but they host the official servers. 

that would be so much cooler ;A; 

I wish they would turn the maintenance times around, so selfish americans can feel how EU players feel every time maint is longer than 3h. 

It's cool to talk sht when it doesn't affect you.... so STFU. 

24 minutes ago, 821031_1452549945 said:

if its 7 h in the morning we dont care but bns right now took from around 1 pm - evening and still going. thats prime time for gaming ofc ppl complain .-. 

That is what I am saying. The company that bought the Lineage 2 EU servers host the maintenance during the early morning. 4game I believe is the company and it does not look like they are a part of NcSoft but they host the official servers. 

10 minutes ago, 821031_1452549945 said:

that would be so much cooler ;A; 

It would be something for the EU BnS community to talk about. I am not sure how 4game got the rights to the Lineage 2 server, it is something to look into. 

26 minutes ago, Zhoosh said:

I wish they would turn the maintenance times around, so selfish americans can feel how EU players feel every time maint is longer than 3h. 

That would do little. If they were to implement a direct switch, say maintenance starts at 1 PM PST that is 3 PM EST. Peak hours for NA seems to be roughly about 8-11 PM EST. There also are a great deal of North American players that play on the asian servers and all of their maintenance is done during NA peak play time. 

Okay, I know a lot has been said about this but, this just went overboard already.  I can feel the ignorance from the US developers toward the EU community.  You can't make thousands of people wait until midnight to have their server on.... What?  We don't have people who fill your wallets?  Or we are lower then the US people?  How am I supposed to understand this?  You clearly know we have around a 12 hour difference but you still don't care about us.  I was baring it til now honestly.  I've been so excited about the update since you announced it and barely waited for it.  And, I'm sure its just not  me but whole EU community... No compensation will refund this honestly. Put your shits together already and provide a proper hour for this maintenance time for EU. Thank you!

34 minutes ago, Zhoosh said:

You actually think that the NA base isn't suffering? You'd really think that NA base is time is made up by one TIMEZONE?  I hope this is not the case. The ones that truly suffers the most from BOTH regions are people who go to work and collage students. Their free time is limited as well but do you see them complaining on the forums & saying:  "Thanks NCsoft! I had four hours of free time and you've ruined it with your extended maintenance GG". 

I swear I thought the NA base would be the whiny bunches here, but some of you guys are taking the freaking cake...

there's other mmos that crater more to the EU base than the NA base and yet I do not see one post about a NA player going down the devs throat about maintenance and how they're screwing up their game time.

Just be grateful you're getting compensated for that one day you've lost.

Archived