Forums

12/04 Maintenance delayed for 1hour

Cheung

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's always like that with gamers, they have 0 patience and understanding when it comes to patches and unexpected delays. Take a nap, take a walk, make good food or something while waiting. Half a day without the game will not kill you guys.

10 minutes ago, Fieryfly said:

Ive been a gamer for more than 20 years.. major updates never go as planned.. I am sure when its stable on the live server they will let us know. :)..

Same here, plus 3 of those years i worked as developer for a MMO game, never in any game i played or in my 3 years developing an update took more than 2hs, most of them less than 40mins, im amazed by the 7:30 hs is taking them :)

8 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

It's always like that with gamers, they have 0 patience and understanding when it comes to patches and unexpected delays. Take a nap, take a walk, make good food or something while waiting. Half a day without the game will not kill you guys.

I'm at work, Still hoping to check out some of the changes today, still plenty of time to go yet.

We all take for granted how 'easy' these things are, The company i work for has a software development side, 60,000 bugs says it's not easy! and it's nowhere near as complicated as an MMO.

Just now, Kaigame said:

I'm at work, Still hoping to check out some of the changes today, still plenty of time to go yet.

We all take for granted how 'easy' these things are, The company i work for has a software development side, 60,000 bugs says it's not easy! and it's nowhere near as complicated as an MMO.

This patch is availble in other version of BnS (like KR) for months! They have test servers. The only thing they should do is to transfer the data to the live servers and reboot the whole thing. Other games can do this in less than 10 minutes. I'm not complaining, I have free time today, but ... meh...

2 hours ago, Kaigame said:

Easy!!! Maintenance is always extended by 1-2 hours right? So double the maintenance window!!

1) Say: Maintenance window is 10 hours!!!

2) Userbase screams louder than ever!! but get over it

3) Maintenance ends in 6.5 hours, Userbase praises the skills of the development team.

4) Dev Team drinks Champagne :D

this is genius

4 minutes ago, csisy said:

This patch is availble in other version of BnS (like KR) for months! They have test servers. The only thing they should do is to transfer the data to the live servers and reboot the whole thing. Other games can do this in less than 10 minutes. I'm not complaining, I have free time today, but ... meh...

less than 10 minutes?
I never saw a game where a maintenance for a big patch took less than 4 hours.

7 minutes ago, csisy said:

Hahaha, test servers....... they always spring up interesting results! again not as easy as you make it sound. It's not like the game is identical, there is a lot of code, a lot of geographical/linguistic changes, etc.

7 minutes ago, Sylmarien said:

less than 10 minutes?

Not really, you are right, but it shouldnt take hours for an update what can be tested weeks or months before. Rebooting a server doesnt take long and loading the data on the server shouldnt, too. I dont say they are doing nothing during maintenance time because I know that little problems can extend downtimes very easily. Everyone should be more patient, you wont die if you cant play as much as you wanted.

14 minutes ago, Sylmarien said:

less than 10 minutes?

I think I'm not allowed to write any game title here, but you should try to find a top-down RPG where you're playing as an exile. :P

12 minutes ago, Kaigame said:

Hahaha, test servers....... they always spring up interesting results! again not as easy as you make it sound. It's not like the game is identical, there is a lot of code, a lot of geographical/linguistic changes, etc.

Trust me, I'm an engineer. ;D

Archived