Perma deflect in pvp

sephy Kun

Somehow pretty much every player in gold or higher, many in silver too don't seem to have that problem.

Sitting behind block for BMs is a trap - every class has multiple ways around it, blockbreakers included. Check out your martial tome or something, i'm sure you'll see skills that disable defense.

Basically, learn your class, block is fine as it is.

27 minutes ago, Stormpooper said:

Sorry, but no, it's not. Just like me, sephy plays FM and for FM it's definitely not fine as it is.

Sure, snowball can break block but the BM has to be very stupid to let it hit. And, of course, he can initiate an air combo or pop his bullshit resist right away what makes your disable useless. Grab is also not usefull because BM can break out without using tab (not that anyone needs tab against FM anyway). So no, block is not fine, at least not against all classes.

If you sit at 16 meters then of course it will miss. You have Q and E to get around the BM and attack from behind, and that 'bullshit resist' (HM block i'm assuming) works only when you can use block and resists 3 times total. if you can see an air combo coming, why not counter or freeze instead of waiting for it? and if the enemy BM uses flock of blades (1min CD) on your phantom grip, then that's a perfect bait for you, isn't it? Baiting our main combo when you want it.

51 minutes ago, Stormpooper said:

You have Q and E to get around the BM and attack from behind

And then? It's not like that the BM will stand there doing nothing. Chill and freeze can be removed faster than it will help you and snowball wont help either because he will stop blocking if you move behind.

54 minutes ago, Stormpooper said:

HM block i'm assuming

Checked the name, I meant warding spirit.

54 minutes ago, Stormpooper said:

Baiting our main combo when you want it.

And that should help? It's not like a BM needs that to deal damage.

The main problem I see is that the BM can easily block everything if he is waiting for cooldowns and you (as FM now) can do nothing against it unless you hit him with snowball or grab (can also be iframed btw). The skill gap between this two classes is just nonsense that's all.

@Zedonia You should try to play BM or at least read carefuly what skills he have. Cause you are rly overestimating what BM can do.

18 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

And then? It's not like that the BM will stand there doing nothing. Chill and freeze can be removed faster than it will help you and snowball wont help either because he will stop blocking if you move behind.

BM doesn't have many ways to dispell freeze. If you freeze BM after his SS and you don`t proc his cyclone (don`t hit his block) the BM`s only way to remove freeze is to use flock of blades. If he uses it to remove freeze than he can`t use it to get out of grab.

22 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Checked the name, I meant warding spirit.

Warding spirit can only be used after flock of blades so again. If BM uses it to cover for disabled block, he can`t use flock of blades to get out of your grab.

30 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

The main problem I see is that the BM can easily block everything if he is waiting for cooldowns and you (as FM now) can do nothing against it unless you hit him with snowball or grab (can also be iframed btw). The skill gap between this two classes is just nonsense that's all.

Uh... have you at least read your own skills? Frost fury penetrates defense/deflect, heatwave penetrates defense/deflect, dragonchar t5s2 penetrates defense/deflect, aerial phantom grip disables defense if you hit phantom gripped target with bolt bash, ice coil penetrates defense/deflect in all stages. Sure, FM can do nothing when BM blocks.

9 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

Uh... have you at least read your own skills? Frost fury penetrates defense/deflect, heatwave penetrates defense/deflect, dragonchar t5s2 penetrates defense/deflect, aerial phantom grip disables defense if you hit phantom gripped target with bolt bash, ice coil penetrates defense/deflect in all stages. Sure, FM can do nothing when BM blocks.

The only thing what really helps you from these is dragonchar and the cooldown for daze is too long. The enemy only needs to F out of it and block right away -> nothing for you but small damage dealt. Mentioning aerial is funny. If you can set up the air combo the BM is obvisously not blocking. And heatwave... forget it, it's one of the worst cc skills in the whole game and no FM will spec it for pvp because you will use fire storm. Show me a BM who is standing there waiting 2s until you can hit him with heatwave. And what do you think will frost fury do to help you against the block? It stacks 1 chill which will be gone after some seconds. You can't frost fury after it was blocked because without damage no crit and without crit no frost fury. We will lose that one anyway tomorrow.

Seriously, on the paper many things look easy and fair but it's simply not that easy. I don't say FM can't beat BM but if the BM knows what he is doing and doesn't fail much, it's extremely hard to win.

It`s always hard to win when the opponnent knows what he is doing. That`s basicaly a point of PvP.

17 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

The enemy only needs to F out of it and block right away -> nothing for you but small damage dealt.

You can techchase the f roll with 3. Funny thing is that even when BM tabs out of it he will still stay frozen so with another techchase with impact you can stun him back.

21 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

If you can set up the air combo the BM is obvisously not blocking.

As was already mentioned earlier the block is only frontal, you can use your Q/E to get around and set up the air combo.

23 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Show me a BM who is standing there waiting 2s until you can hit him with heatwave.

The one that is blocking? BM can`t exactly run around and block at the same time.

25 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

It stacks 1 chill which will be gone after some seconds. You can't frost fury after it was blocked because without damage no crit and without crit no frost fury.

I've mentioned it mainly to make the list complete, but even that 1 chill can make difference in some situations.

27 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

We will lose that one anyway tomorrow.

Well, more changes are coming tomorrow so we will see how is it going to work.

29 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Seriously, on the paper many things look easy and fair but it's simply not that easy.

Yeah, but ppl also make more mistakes in fight so there are opportunities to exploit them.

4 hours ago, Stormpooper said:

Somehow pretty much every player in gold or higher, many in silver too don't seem to have that problem.

Sitting behind block for BMs is a trap - every class has multiple ways around it, blockbreakers included. Check out your martial tome or something, i'm sure you'll see skills that disable defense.

no no that's not what i'm talking about 

i'm talking about BMs ani-canceling their block with LMB and then immediately block again without any cooldown on block, making it impossbile for me to do anything against it. even snow ball doesn't work because they are constantly canceling their block. however the deflect stays 100% of the time

Archived