Worth coming back to?

asmariya

Hi everyone, I had played Blade and Soul about a year ago but quit mostly because of bots and my server had gotten a really low population. I have always wanted to try the game out again but two big issues are stopping me. The first issue is, I hear from some people that this game is still dying, and the population is pretty low, and its hard to start a new character and find parties. How true is this and if it is true, which server can I go to to avoid low population?

My second and biggest issue is that the game will not download. For months now, whenever I try updating, the download speed with just drop to zero frequently. So I have basically been unable to play the game even if I wanted too. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client, and my internet connection is perfectly fine. I am able to download and update any other files/games as I please. If anyone knows of any fixes to this, I would tremendously appreciate it!!!! My download speed will start off fine and then just slowly drop to zero.

Game definitely not dying anytime soon, its just all the players rush to level up to start the end game content so its pretty empty in the beginner area. Leveling up to 50 is extremely easy now, all you have to do is follow the story quests since you get weapons and soul shield directly from the story line. You actually chose to come back at a good time since on April 12 there are major changes happening and everything gets even more easier to upgrade gear. If your interested in the new appearance options coming then I recommend you wait to create a char until the update. I believe the server with the highest population is Group 2- Mushin/Old Man Cho for NA and Group 1- Windrest for EU.

Well, ever since the server merges, in my experience, the game seems pretty alright population-wise. I've met a lot of amazing people already, but the beginner area is obviously always going to be low population. The best thing to do is just get to lvl 50 and get to all those high leveled dungeons. And since I'm in mushin/omc, just join here, and get yourself in a clan. There are still bots around, but I haven't noticed it as much as I used to. It is worth coming back to, if you're willing to put in the effort to get to all that nice content. With the download issue, you should look on reddit for that, I've had a similar problem, and I just looked that up quickly and got it done. 

Archived