I came back and I quit again... BnS became boring..

Xeleon

So yeah, I came back from more than years brake, I left because of bots... So yeah , I came back and all bots were wiped that's cool <3 But NCSoft should've done that earlyer ... -.- I had 50lvl account with a freaking True pirate , it was fun to play,  arena, BW, terrors, having fun with friends and other fun and interesting stuff... now what?! Freaking boring ... Every single day dailies without good reward... empty arena? Battlefield with ravens? Crafting without profit? Empty low level areas and dungeons? Pay 2 win?! When there was only labyrinth it was okay back then, but now... you need MSP grinding till you get depressed and play blue whale instead, half hour or more to obtain 12 weeds... sure P2W use Khad resets ... you want raven? Not a problem just donate... you want to get from ivorymoon to beleful? Not a problem just donate... in F2P wait few months till you achieve those 10 flowers from dailies ... 650+ ap as minimum to enter dungeons coool story mate... ivorymoon rulez!!!  So yeah this game became P2W and farming simuliator 2017 and boring AF... It's called grinding baby, grinding 24/7 with RNG loot... in other games you grind, but you achieve something, in here you achieve like 0.2-0,3% of your goal GL to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up ^^ So yeah eveytime I login I do dailies... OMG I'm so exited :O I'm having so much fun oh dear god... Destroying Hoongmoons weapon upgrading from lvl 1 was a huge mistake... you can delete those low level areas, it's empty AF so what's the point? It's not empty?! Oh sorry someone making alts which won't reach leendary sunlight , because it's not possible to level up your alt and make it as your main, because you need like loads of gold, petals, flowers and other shit... unless you do P2W... So If you thinking about starting play BnS again, just do it!! It helps to relax, it makes you bored and it helps to sleep ^^ because after dailies you can sit near bank or run into hightest tree like I do ^^' It's FUN!!! And don't call me lazy ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, I do all the freaking dailies with my 2 accounts... and it's.not all about grinding or something, it's all about a point... there is no point.. raven?!! Forget it, as F2P player u'll get it in like 6months, until then, other weapon will appear ... and it's not about a gear.. this game has no exitment, no point to achieve unless passing 300 DT is logical achievement.. This game got no goal... So yeah GL and HF ^^

You actually came back at the right time. In about few days there will be new patch where basically legendary stage 6 become the new true ivorymoon. And you will get 3 ap gems for free after finishing the new act. Not to mention if it's account bound and you have at least 3 chars ready to finish the said act you can transmute them into better gem. Hm levels gonna be revamped and you will get tons of AP. Basically the things what real f2p players can get after playing since launch will be able to get on the next patch

Meanwhile I don't share your thoughts. The game was made to be grindy so yeah mate you picked the wrong game if you were thinking that you can get maxed out gears within month of playing. But there is no goal? Reaching max gears is not a goal? I guess I must be then out of my mind when that is my goal even if I reach it bit by bit. To be honest what would people be doing if the game offered maxed gear in less than 6 months? The gearing is major part of the game making it prolonging the gaming. Anyway like arkvard said things are getting easier until Stage 7 legendary for F2P users as you won't need nearly anything for those upgrades.

gg,bb,p2w,grind

in short MMO's are made to have grind in them otherwise. There is no point in MMO if you play 1h per day and 2 days in a week. Why you even bothering or you expect to came after absence and get gear that others were getting in a months? 

Okay, this is pretty dumb. I'm not even sure why I'm writing a reply, but...

Yeah, dailies aren't the most fun thing ever, but I mean.. that's exactly what you did at 45 cap as well. Back then I always even went for 40/40 dailies, all for a few measly gold, but nowadays I often stop at 20ish because more isn't really needed. And either way, it's not like you HAVE to do them, there's plenty of other stuff to do. It's your own fault if you burn yourself out by doing all dailies on multiple accounts. MSP? Well then don't spend so much time there, it's not like there's a rush to get those soulshields. I'm still using Asura/Twisted because they do me just fine and I've been too lazy to grind MSP a lot. I'm just working my way to it slowly, and even then, I feel like it's gone pretty fast considering this is proper endgame gear. The only thing that has been holding me back is the RNG on the rolls, otherwise I would've had my set a while ago. Crying about reaching 650 ap? Really? It's WAY easier than it's ever been, and in 2 days once the patch is out, even moreso. You can now get legendary with little to no effort, while most of us veterans had to spend insane amounts. P2W? The only arguably P2W thing in this game is the Trove, and I personally hate it as well, but that's about it. It's not necessary and often ends up being a waste of money anyway since cost reductions get implemented soon after. You can easily level and gear up an alt as well in a matter of days without spending too much gold, the game is slowly getting more alt friendly. I can say that because I just did that a short while ago, and to my surprise, even the low level areas were a lot more populated than I expected them to be. Perhaps you're just playing a dead server. As for a goal and the highest gear, obviously you won't reach that quick or easily, otherwise there would be no point and you'd be... guess what... bored. MMOs are ultimately about the grind for the best gear, no matter what.

I feel very nostalgic about the old 45 cap as well, because back then I had friends playing and anything we did together was fun. The one thing I miss most is the open world pvp which was still decent back then. But overall I realize most of this just comes from my personal experiences and having people to play with, but realistically speaking, the content itself wasn't much and the modern dungeons are a lot more fun, especially if you can find new friends/a clan. 

Hi,

guys, your lack of imagination is so sad... i can't believe what i'm reading...
okay let's begin by MMORPG : Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.
Where is it written in this that the ONLY way to make things while longer the 2 solutions are : grindfest and insanely low random drop rates ?
I'll take, one more time, everquest as an example.
At ANY level you'll have 20+++ differents zones, scaling from your level -10 to get some exp and farm solo, to your level +10 to group/raid rare items. You get exp from mobs, you don't have dailies at all, you have more than 20.000 known quests available at the moment (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/qgen/)... about the zone check this : http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zlvlchart.html  Some quest will need 10 minutes to do, some others will need a months and some help from other players... average time is rarely under an hour.

The crafting system is amazingly well made, and you'll NEED at a moment or another, a crafter, for items or skills (even spells need to be learned from crafted parchment). (more than 9K recipee for some crafting skills, approx 2K recipees for most of them)
So you can level by farming for your craft, or farming for money, or targeting good items on raids (everquest raids are commonly 100+ players, in a single zone (not an instance), all together, and zero lag ofc), the world is living (very few instances, most of the content is dynamic), about your character, you can try to level it directly, or if you have a lot of fun in some place, you can put your exp in 'alternate advancement' so you get new skills and capacities, while at same level (more than 5000 AA actually), you can also choose to invest in a clan, a house or anything, you'll also need to work on your factions as some town won't allow some races or class to enter it if you don't improve it before... etc. dude it's a role playing game, it's not a single objective grindfest. Each class and race have different top gears, obtained with different quests at different places, and not to forget that there isn't a SINGLE top gear for each race/class choice, depending on situation or on your playstyle, the gear will be different... if you wanna play solo you'll have some gears, if you plan to go and raid you'll have some others (not to mention the ultra hard drops that only hardcore players, main tanks or main something in the raid of 100+players will have a chance to get on the boss). You have solutions for every playstyle from casual to hardcore players, from soloers to gregarious, for grinder as for crafters or questers...etc etc)

The solutions are there, but if the only thing you can imagine in a MMORPG is grinding to get the best gear, until a new better gear comes, and go again... i hope your l'ife isn't like that, because if so, it's certainly depressing.
(i'm not saying everquest is perfect, his engine is like 15years old lol, i'm just giving examples from a jewel of MMO's. I'm aware that when this game came out, it was the work of passionate people and good programmers, they haden't a manager telling them they need to get more money income every 3 months, but still it should be more often an example, even if the majority of the digital generation haven't seen it as they were on the MMO that took everything from everquest with a better marketing, more color and everything easier, so you won't use your brain and a child of 6years could play it, i name : WoW).

just my 2 cents.
Tarask.
PS : if you think the main difference is diversity... don't forget one thing, what make you do everything in your life, and what should be in MMO's... the challenge, and you can challenge other things than your patience, you're not a brainless robot, we are creating robots everyday to do repetitive brainless things, you shouldn't have to act like a robot in a game.

On 4/10/2017 at 6:57 AM, Charas Blade said:

gg,bb,p2w,grind

in short MMO's are made to have grind in them otherwise. There is no point in MMO if you play 1h per day and 2 days in a week. Why you even bothering or you expect to came after absence and get gear that others were getting in a months? 

On 4/10/2017 at 9:56 AM, Jack Valent said:

MMORPG is about grinding. I played 6 different games since 2002. It's endless grinding until you decide "I'm bored and I need to stop".

I admit it BnS is really good one (even though high ms ping).

Wrong.

Aaaaaand wrong.

This attitude is why mmorpg's get such a bad wrap.

The point of an mmorpg has never been "create a game that has long grinds"

Anarchy Online Circa 2001 (an mmorpg still operating to this day) was about pushing yourself to be able to equip great gear. Leveling was fluid and smooth with MANY options. Kill mobs, do quests, do missions, you even have kite teams where you sit there while someone else kills massive amounts of enemies for you leveling you up VERY quickly. Gear is dropped from missions and "raids". Loot for missions can be rolled by rolling random missions until you get the right mission and then accepting and completing the mission. Gear from raids had a loot table but always dropped a certain number of items from that table so gear is pretty easy to come across and gear can be crafted. Not a grind. Super fun.

Original GuildWars Crica 2005. Great mmorpg with rich story where you can level simply off of doing the main story quests. Gear is crafted. Crafting materials can be bought. Special items drop off certain mobs with easy farmability. End game had high end missions to run and the game had the best PvP system of any mmorpg to date. Its sequel had a similar system only the leveling was even more open. Level from crafting, questing, even EXPLORING nets you levels in addition to the great story.

The point of an MMORPG is to create a rich RPG environment that promotes players playing together not create a game that takes 6 months to level and another 3 years to get the items you want. Thinking this is incredibly bad for any MMORPG because people don't want to GRIND. People want to play a game and enjoy themselves away from the grind that is their day job ;)

Yep, but too many have fallen into the publisher's trap of investing time and money, then letting the sunk cost fallacy dictate how they proceed. Some players have invested more time in this game per week than a job would require and done so since the start. They literally do not know how to walk away. I wouldn't want to be in a mindset where I thought grinding and grinding and grinding the same few bosses to progress a tier at a time was the way to go.

On 14/04/2017 at 2:37 AM, Clubssc said:

The point of an MMORPG is to create a rich RPG environment that promotes players playing together not create a game that takes 6 months to level and another 3 years to get the items you want. Thinking this is incredibly bad for any MMORPG because people don't want to GRIND. People want to play a game and enjoy themselves away from the grind that is their day job ;)

Just wow, look I mean that you can obtain till end game gear right now with 2-3h play. I played GW2 myself and you need to do some end game event blabla top top end wasn't easy to get as you say. Plus GW2 back in days was B2P model 

Archived