FM class after patch

Fiana

Since when does chill stacked root work on Acrimor?

Have you ever even tried it?

Chill stacked root can prevent a real root from taking effect due to overlapping Frozen effects (breaks FM/KFM roots) but it doesn't apply Unstoppable (so it doesn't stop a WL/Summ from rooting) and doesn't root him...

Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Mirryn said:

Since when does chill stacked root work on Acrimor?

Have you ever even tried it?

Chill stacked root can prevent a real root from taking effect due to overlapping Frozen effects (breaks FM/KFM roots) but it doesn't apply Unstoppable (so it doesn't stop a WL/Summ from rooting) and doesn't root him...

Am I missing something?

I think that's just because bosses have a cool down between roots so that you can't root them all the time and make the game too easy.

But you can still root them with chill stacks and it should have the same effect as a normal root, as long as you don't use it all the time.

There are multiple ways you can still root arcimor, either never use RMB until you want to root, sacrifice party iframe for frost nova, or use ice coil and dragonfrost.

It's not impossible and not alot harder than before, just not as direct.

10 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

can't you use 3 too or that doesn't work?

10 hours ago, Zedonia said:

This one works, yes, but only every 2nd jump because of cooldown.

you can do it everytime if you spec dragonwhorl. CD is short enough to do every root.

19 minutes ago, Dearsren said:

you can do it everytime if you spec dragonwhorl. CD is short enough to do every root.

no no that's going to change, dragonwhorl now is on 2 instead of 3 

that's why we're having this conversation xD

On 4/7/2017 at 3:00 PM, Shadovvv said:
  • HM Blazing Beam's Dual Dragon CD reduction is on hit instead of on crit.
  • Heatwave is thrown directly under your target instead of at your feet.
  • Deflect Fire Storm and Heatwave are separate skills.

How much less on dragonchar? Also I thought it got its range increased dramatically.

Dragonchar AP modifier reduced from 9.7 (5.7+4) AP to 7 (5.7+1.3) AP

Range CHANGED from 4x10 to 2x16

And again go try to root Acrimor with Chill stacks... you will find things do not work like you think... and I explained how they actually work already.

Dragonchar is pretty dead now. It only does half the damage of beam so you have to spam it the whole time to make it usefull and this is not gonna happen, at least not on 1 target. The damage buff on beam alone would be enough to make it better than dragonchar. Dont know why they had to nerf it so hard. It's not like people where spamming it the whole day.

Y'know that's what I thought too, but I'm not as sure of that right now, we'll have to see.

Why?  Legendary Bracelet + Raven will activate 2-3x more for Dragonchar spam.

Might keep it somewhat competitive, though I doubt it's going to be pulling past Blazing Beam or anything.

On 11/04/2017 at 1:10 PM, Zedonia said:

That shouldnt work now and shouldnt work after the patch. Bosses get immune to roots if you time them bad. Thats why you can ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up the root by anyone else if you root too early for example. It might work if you freeze him (3rd RMB) really only if you have to but do you really wanna pay that much attention during the whole fight?

I mean freeze (aka root) needed not only in NF, it's also needed in BT 4th boss on fat add. Yeah speaking of NF root you just keep 2 stacks on him always, ofc press 3 way easier.

Result of April 12 patch: FM is now balanced. Struggles in PVP a bit due to it's construction, but still balanced. Still good in PVE, but even better in PVP than ever before. Why are people complaining?

After mainning FM since launch I've never felt more broken as a class in either PVE or PVP. Can someone please explain to me how is it that we're in a worse spot than before?

3 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

Result of April 12 patch: FM is now balanced. Struggles in PVP a bit due to it's construction, but still balanced. Still good in PVE, but even better in PVP than ever before. Why are people complaining?

After mainning FM since launch I've never felt more broken as a class in either PVE or PVP. Can someone please explain to me how is it that we're in a worse spot than before?

The only people complaining so far are the ones who didn't know how to play and used fire fury as their main skill rotation so they are lost and have no idea how to play the class anymore. and people who were attached to their previous ice build

The majority agree this is a very good skill change for us, though.

the combat is much smoother than before and i don't have to use fire fury anymore thank goodness. And i'm never going to see that dreaded absolute piece of crap auto detonate ever again

Ice is just wonderful. Specially for peach farming

Pvp is good too, i just saw nodah get 100-0 in 2 seconds because he fell for a root+metoer shower+blazing beam combo, he couldn't react lol.

Our pvp skills are going to be buffed more in kr soon

It's strange but I'm having focus problems since the patch. I don't know why but if my C is on CD, I run out of focus after 2-3 blazing beam rotation (LMB-RMB-2). I know that the HM LMB could help a lot (extra focus on crit) but I don't know what happened. :D

3 hours ago, csisy said:

I know that the HM LMB could help a lot (extra focus on crit) but I don't know what happened. :D

Exactly this happened. The extra focus on crit was moved from fire soul to the HM skill. If you dont have it, you gain less focus than before.

Archived