Sign in to follow this  
TheNineTailedFox

Force Master Baleful boost useless after 12th?

Hi,

From what I understand of the new "skill tree" changes, FMs can't use PvE version of RMB anymore. Doesn't that make Baleful weapons completely useless for FMs? Because at stage 10, it gives RMB an additional 10% damage which is already unfair compared to the enhancements of other classes. For example, BM has Dragontongue which is their damage source and KFM has Cyclone Kick which is their damage source aswell.

In my eyes, the new skill point system is a double nerf for FM (PvE wise).

1. Baleful weapon RMB enhancement from "meh" to useless.

2. RMB itself nerfed/gone.

But maybe I misunderstood. ^^Who knows.

Edited by TheNineTailedFox

Baleful and seraph's increases have always been useless 

But i don't get what you're talking about here. You can still use rmb just fine

Ah the inevitable 'I hate class x' thread that comes with every skill patch. ALL of you can re-roll at any point. FYI I play the hell outta my FM and only wish it was a tad easier in ToI.

Edited by KlausFlouride

11 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Ah the inevitable 'I hate class x' thread that comes with every skill patch. ALL of you can re-roll at any point. FYI I play the hell outta my FM and only wish it was a tad easier in ToI.

Shadovvv   

42vlQlD.png

What are you talking about? Frost Palm is still usable, it didn't get changed at all except for not generating threat.

Also, Frost Palm was NEVER the point of going Baleful, it was Spirit of Darkness. Both Baleful and Seraph skill bonuses for Force Master are terrible.

They said we can't use two different elements after 12th on stream but isn't FM like 50% Fire 50% Ice? LMB RMB = Fire + Ice. DPS = Fire. Frost Prison, Divine Veil, Frost Sheath = Ice.

I might have taken it too literally.

too literally, not to literally

Suna   
32 minutes ago, TheNineTailedFox said:

They said we can't use two different elements after 12th on stream but isn't FM like 50% Fire 50% Ice? LMB RMB = Fire + Ice. DPS = Fire. Frost Prison, Divine Veil, Frost Sheath = Ice.

I might have taken it to literally.

Some skills change via elements, you can check bnstree liek multiple blaze is only for flame and chi bomb only for frost spec. 

https://bnstree.com/skill/FM

3 hours ago, Suna said:

Some skills change via elements, you can check bnstree liek multiple blaze is only for flame and chi bomb only for frost spec. 

https://bnstree.com/skill/FM

Well the useless spirit bomb is gone, the burn build uptime has basically been reduced, and no additional damage with burn effect when using flame palm, then the loss of using inferno twice after using force blast is now null.

Burn build will be a thing of the past now and frost bite is the new burn with no good uptime like burn T_T 

1 hour ago, DeCeption1 said:

Well the useless spirit bomb is gone

it's still there with frost build though

1 hour ago, DeCeption1 said:

the burn build uptime has basically been reduced, and no additional damage with burn effect when using flame palm, then the loss of using inferno twice after using force blast is now null.

Burn build will be a thing of the past now and frost bite is the new burn with no good uptime like burn T_T 

what are you talking about :S? none of these things happened

flame palm still does extra damage on burn
you can still use double inferno

you can still have burn effect 100% of the time
and there is no such thing as frost bite o.o

Edited by sephy Kun

Shadovvv   
9 hours ago, TheNineTailedFox said:

I might have taken it to literally.

You're taking it way too literally. It's a specialization thing towards elements, not actually limiting their usage. All this does is affect:

• Frost Palm/Frost Fury
  • Dragonblaze and Dragonfrost
  • Mystic Fire and Mystic Ice
  • Impact
  • Dragonchar and Ice Rain
  • Multiple Blaze and Chi Bomb
  • Cold Snap

If you couldn't use Frost Palm in Flame Build the class would literally be crippled.

So basically, we can't spec for additional attack speed and non-freezing RMB after 12th? I'm still a bit confused sorry :x

And what about the defensive frost skills?

1 hour ago, TheNineTailedFox said:

So basically, we can't spec for additional attack speed and non-freezing RMB after 12th? I'm still a bit confused sorry :x

No you can still spec into either chill or attack speed

It's literally right there in the image posted above

Zedonia   
2 hours ago, TheNineTailedFox said:

Just check it out by yourself: https://bnstree.com/skill/FM

For burn build the only nerf is 1 because it loses the extra damage from the hm skill. But it's not a big deal because overall it's very minor damage. For frost skills: ice RMB can be specced to frost fury which is a big improvement for frost build. They also merge snowball and frost tornado what is pretty good for 3v3 and 6v6. There are some other not so important changes but check the skills for yourself.

Dlacik   

How is fire FM going to build frost orbits for dual dragons? There is no orb generation on rmb and it looks like fire won't be able to use frost fury anymore. Only skill i've found with "create frost orbit" is force blast (3) with 36 cd while dual dragons have 18s CD and it's reduced by HM blazing beam.

4 hours ago, Dlacik said:

How is fire FM going to build frost orbits for dual dragons? There is no orb generation on rmb and it looks like fire won't be able to use frost fury anymore. Only skill i've found with "create frost orbit" is force blast (3) with 36 cd while dual dragons have 18s CD and it's reduced by HM blazing beam.

Why is this site such a pain in the ass to use on phone? 

@Dlacik you get frost/fire orbs by landing a critical hit with any frost/fire skill

Zedonia   

Yep, and that's pretty much the only reason why we use RMB in pve at all. Everyaone who got ping problems can leave RMB out entirely as long as dual dragons is on cooldown. You won't notice the difference in damage.