Forums

reasons of a newbie to quit

i have been playing around 10 days in highland gate server. first few days was easy. doing quests was easy and fun. after awhile, inventory and vault started to fill with loads of items i dont know what they are. first dissapointment was discovering limited vault space and huge variety of items which pointless to sell to npc, and followed by theres a daily limit for sell in market.

i continued doing quest and then meet the impossible to complete daily quests, if u play solo and know nobody in server, its quite tedious. i started to read guides on items, characted builds, upgrade systems so on. and then discovered most of them outdated after system changed. another waste of time and dissapointment.

first arena quest arrived saying participate 5 arena matches and win one.  i was lvl 27 and faced 4 matches agains lvl 50s. lots all of them. it was annoying to facing opponents with a huge lvl gap. i was like "ok im done". i was about to quit and uninstall but i decided to keep up and give this game a bit more time. i stayed away from arena keep lvling up meanwhile struggle to find space in vault, inventory and reading google about what to keep, what to sell, what to trash.

anyways. i was lvl 30s wearing cerulian order uniform killing crimson legions for quests. i knew that i can be attacked with that uniform. but i didnt know a superior guy can come and kill u with one hit while u re doing quests. so a guy [removed name - by PhoenixMitra] came and killed me with one hit among cerulian npc's. i was like "what the hell goin on" and another "one hit ko" while i didnt know what to do, after resurrected there. died 2 times with one hit. that helped greatly for made up my mind to quit this game. [removed name - by PhoenixMitra].

im uninstalling right now.if you are new to this game, dont start throwing money. keep playing for few weeks and decide yourself. if you are experienced, u already know this game will be totally unpopulated around a year. and will be shut down eventually like happened to thousands games in mmo history.

Edited by PhoenixMitra
Name shaming.

no need for daily quest at your lvl.

1vs1, 3vs3 arena(you can skip this as well till your 50) is equalized. you do have skill point disadvantages but the stats are the same for each class. 

faction quest can also be skipped. I don't if you still need necklace from moonwater plains  faction NPC after new patch. but from what I know, some ppl completely skipped all faction quest and are fine with it. 

i know BnS EU/NA community is toxic... but really? there are still ppl farming lowbes doing faction quests? some ppl are just lowlife scumbags.

TL;DR 

just follow yellow quest till your done with the story line. you can come back for side quest later.

For once i'm gonna agree with someone in these forums and say, get good, all I see here is someone rage quitting without even bothering to learn their own skills or the combat system.

I don't know nor care about pve so I won't get into that but anyone can tell right off the back that, all you've done was left click every single thing without thinking this whole time playing here.

You knew someone could pk you and you took the risk just for a quest and paid the price for it, that's your own fault.

Arena it's common that you KNOW your skills before going in just like any other online fighting game. Levels don't matter in arena it never does it's your skill. Have enough skill points or not, if you know your skills you'll be fine. You didn consider any of this and again just went in left clicking and again paid the price for it.

Edited by Dad

The Vault limitation is quite annoying, but yeah, it happens in most games, especially F2P

What impossible daily quests did you come across? My GF isn't a very experienced MMO Player, but she can complete her Daily quests without my assistance.

The Arena isn't required, if you want to PVP thats another story, in all the time i've been playing i've done one PvP match.

The Faction costume thing can be really annoying, I've been killed as a lvl 50HM8 trying to do daily missions in the misty woods!! There is a button to resurrect without the faction costume on. change instance and continue.

If you really want to quit, then so be it, i don't think we'll convince you to stay.

lol, it happens, man.

I stoped actively playing the game (anything aside log in and chat with friends, or help them costume farm / info) a few months ago.

This game is all about looks and it's first impression (which is quite amazing btw). The combat is really fun and makes a lot of sense when in a group... but it gets old in time, not to mention all the reskined dungeons at cap lvl, and gear wall.

It's a korean MMO after all. They don't really graps the concept of fun, it's often mistaken with work & reward.

When it gets to the ''free to play deal'', you'll see that, you either farm for a very long time to progress, or pay some cash.

... Oh and you will eventualy require pvp in order to progress, unless, ofc, if you're willing to pay.

I don't wanna said rude it seem like you gave up on the game way too fast, I know how you feel starting out for the first time but dude the early parts of the game doesn't even compare to end game content, you already raging over doing the super easy level 45 and under content 'facepalm'. 

6 hours ago, burak432 said:

if you are experienced, u already know this game will be totally unpopulated around a year. and will be shut down eventually like happened to thousands games in mmo history.

Same quote was said back when the game first came out. Seems fine to me still considering you even trying it out.

Anyways, they made questing, leveling, etc stupid-proof that you literally cannot veer off and get confused yet it seems like people still find a way.

I mean I don't mind people trying out PvP or Faction quests when they're leveling but to get discouraged so fast? I can tell you want/are used to a baby-proof MMO.

But have fun going wherever you go.

8 hours ago, burak432 said:

i have been playing around 10 days in highland gate server. first few days was easy. doing quests was easy and fun. after awhile, inventory and vault started to fill with loads of items i dont know what they are. first dissapointment was discovering limited vault space and huge variety of items which pointless to sell to npc, and followed by theres a daily limit for sell in market.

Agree with you here, hate the limited storage and auctions per day limit. You can mouse over every item and see what it's used for, if it doesn't list the craft you chose or is used as a breakthrough item/evolution material, chances are you can just vendor it... fun fact, there's an item vendor limit of 1000 items per day.

i continued doing quest and then meet the impossible to complete daily quests, if u play solo and know nobody in server, its quite tedious. i started to read guides on items, characted builds, upgrade systems so on. and then discovered most of them outdated after system changed. another waste of time and dissapointment.

You don't have to bother with any daily quests while leveling unless for instance, you see a wheel of fate boss being farmed by another player that you can just go and tag for credit. If you want to test your skills, you can use these boases to practice on also since they have a lot of hp. Do all blue sidequests and the main storyline and you can play entirely solo. Dungeons and some dailies list whether they are meant to be soloed or not. All gear is given to you while leveling so you don't need to worry about upgrades until you reach Silverfrost and you can use the preset talent builds until then as well.

first arena quest arrived saying participate 5 arena matches and win one.  i was lvl 27 and faced 4 matches agains lvl 50s. lots all of them. it was annoying to facing opponents with a huge lvl gap. i was like "ok im done". i was about to quit and uninstall but i decided to keep up and give this game a bit more time. i stayed away from arena keep lvling up meanwhile struggle to find space in vault, inventory and reading google about what to keep, what to sell, what to trash.

Depending on the time of day, you may or may not get matched with another lower level player, but you can ignore the red faction and arena quests until you hit level 50.

anyways. i was lvl 30s wearing cerulian order uniform killing crimson legions for quests. i knew that i can be attacked with that uniform. but i didnt know a superior guy can come and kill u with one hit while u re doing quests. so a guy [removed name - by PhoenixMitra] came and killed me with one hit among cerulian npc's. i was like "what the hell goin on" and another "one hit ko" while i didnt know what to do, after resurrected there. died 2 times with one hit. that helped greatly for made up my mind to quit this game. [removed name - by PhoenixMitra].

Again, PvP quests are optional, you do them at your own risk. You knew it was open world pvp and took the risk, EVERY mmo with pvp flagging in open world is like this, BnS is no different. Just don't bother if you dislike pvp.

im uninstalling right now.if you are new to this game, dont start throwing money. keep playing for few weeks and decide yourself. if you are experienced, u already know this game will be totally unpopulated around a year. and will be shut down eventually like happened to thousands games in mmo history.

I doubt there's been thousands of mmos that have died, there's always that tiny but loyal following that keeps playing. But you're right on not spending money  and that you should play the game for yourself and see if you'll like it or not...

I also noticed you never once mentioned asking for help, not in faction or region or even about the community...

While I won't be rude like some in this thread, I will say that u gave up on the game way too fast. There are plenty of people in the server willing to help if u asked for it, including me. Even looking on the forums u could have found plenty of guides and helpful tips for new players. Getting to lvl 50 is extremely easy and will be even more easier April 12 because of the even bigger changes to gearing up so u really shouldnt be complaining now.

Sorry, can't take OP seriously, gave up way too fast, the leveling process in any mmo is just too easy. And inventory problems? Dont pack rat, i never do when i level in mmos, build a habit of visiting any npc shop, theyre everywhere

On 4/3/2017 at 5:06 PM, burak432 said:

Wow...it seems that MMORPG arent for you. Low level killing happens in all MMORPG games which have factions (except secret world but only because it has no open world pvp). My first MMORPG was lineage 2. I got 1 shotted by high level character but it didn't scare me of from game. It remained my favourite game for long time.

Arena is hard? What about you take your level 35 character with ~3000-4000 HP and try fighting lv 110 who has 3.000.000- 5.000.000.

The fact that low level loses against high...well...that's how it should be...because why to have levels at all. And...you can easily lose with your lv 50 character to lv30 if you don't know how to play your class. Arena is your fault.

Too many items you don't know what they do? Many have descriptions explaining what they are for. Others are upgrade materials. It's not that hard to try out functions in your inventory like transmute,dragon express,item upgrade path,salvage and item upgrade path.

To rage quit  game after 10 days because you dont  know some stuff is really stupid choice. Unless you don't want to learn. Also it's worst time to leave game. After April 12 they will give you tons of free stuff and make gearing up even more easier. Getting legendary weapon and upgrading it to stage 4 will be basically a joke...also free AP gems and stuff. You will basically have AP requirements to enter most dungeons  (except naryu foundry,desolate tomb,ebondrake citadel, naryu sanctum and skybreak spire raid) After completing story you will have full best non legendary jewelry set and it's not that hard to upgrade weapon from ivory moon to true ivory moon with a little effort. You will have more than enough money by completing story. Only thing you'll need to do is to farm lair of frozen fang to get 2x tormented weapons. Of course you can use python and scorpio weapons but it will require more stuff to upgrade.But I think you'll have enough gold after completing act VII.

And most important thing: 

If you dont pay subscription you play demo version of game. Don't expect to have all features as paying subscriber has. Making games cost millions. You should be happy that they allow for you to play for free. 

Still...I think you are already gone and don't care or pretend not to care about this topic.

1 hour ago, SadFace said:

wow i didn't know that i was playing a demo version for more than a year... thx for opening my eyes i guess...

Your loss. If you want full version,then pay sub. 

Idea that subscribers have more privileges and discounts is pretty much stupid....they get everything game supposed to have and prices/gold income higher than free players because that's how much it supposed to cost. Those prices set for free accounts,windstride time no wardrobe and stuff is just limitations of demo/trial version. Just look at world of warcraft...it allows you to play game until level 20 with some restrictions. Demo in blade and soul works similar to it. Except they allows you to reach max level and has no limitations on gold...it's like extended trial/demo...not the full game...

1 hour ago, Alesthra said:

Your loss. If you want full version,then pay sub. 

I don't feel the loss tho...
The biggest thing is that wardrobe. But they gave free week of premium for those who was subscribed to their mail stuff. In that week you could pack in that wardrobe all those outfits that you probably not going to use for like ever and so be done with it. I need to sub to that mail thing before 12 april i guess - in case they will give free premium again.
Other than that - premium is completely optional and does not bother f2p player like me at all.

22 minutes ago, SadFace said:

I don't feel the loss tho...
The biggest thing is that wardrobe. But they gave free week of premium for those who was subscribed to their mail stuff. In that week you could pack in that wardrobe all those outfits that you probably not going to use for like ever and so be done with it. I need to sub to that mail thing before 12 april i guess - in case they will give free premium again.
Other than that - premium is completely optional and does not bother f2p player like me at all.

Well it's nothing wrong playing extended demo/trial. But fact is that subscribers access all content while some restrictions apply to free players. And discounts for upgrade cost,less fees when selling stuff at market,more market slots,discounts at dragon express tab,ability to sell items directly from inventory or access warehouse from inventory,faster chi recovery are functions of full game which are limited for free players or just inaccessible for them. 

Does it make huge difference or not,well it depends on player but being able to sell more stuff on market means that you can earn more money. Increased crafting/gathering guild experience means you can reach higher guild rating and  twice faster than free player. So free version still looks like extended trial/demo but many people including you are fine with it.

2 minutes ago, Alesthra said:

So free version still looks like extended trial/demo but many people including you are fine with it.

It's simply insignificant enough. And if you think that THIS is a demo version - just watch the review on SWTOR from ChaosD1

1 hour ago, SadFace said:

It's simply insignificant enough. And if you think that THIS is a demo version - just watch the review on SWTOR from ChaosD1

SWTOR sucks. It's stupid limitations for free players is the reason I don't play it.

OK, the fact that i can level up all the way to max HM level without paying a penny, this should not be considered a demo version!! Sure it might take longer, but surely there has to be an incentive to paying customers right?