Elemental (frost) Necklace VS Pinnicale one

GhostSilver

so i am playing warlock as frost mostly with dragoncall and staff and i dropped the zakhan (elemental) frost necklace from EC is it worth it to max and use or just go for the pinnicle is the diff in elemental dmg that big to cover lose in crit and crit dmg ?

and overall is it worth to go for elemental accessories at all for warlock like earring or something before legendary i mean ?

While elemental damage is the thing to go for, you're not looking for elemental necklace though. Stick to Pinnacle and save up for Dracken Necklace.

Elemental earring though, get it! Whether it's from DT or BT, you'll want earring with ele damage.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2017 at 1:53 AM, slowcow said:

While elemental damage is the thing to go for, you're not looking for elemental necklace though. Stick to Pinnacle and save up for Dracken Necklace.

Elemental earring though, get it! Whether it's from DT or BT, you'll want earring with ele damage.

Hrm does that include the zhakan shadow earring? ._. Since is fairly cheap I'm thinking of making it. For shadow warlock.

On 19.4.2017 at 9:59 AM, RyuueLaview said:

Hrm does that include the zhakan shadow earring? ._. Since is fairly cheap I'm thinking of making it. For shadow warlock.

Yes. If you don't have True Boss earring then Zhakan is better than Pinnacle. If you do have True Boss earring, then you must note that switching to Zhakan will lose you about 20% crit damage in exchange for 9% shadow damage. All in all your damage upon critical hits should stay pretty much untouched, but your average dps will go up a tiny bit since your non-crits will deal more damage (that is if you switch from True Boss to Zhakan).

2 hours ago, slowcow said:

Yes. If you don't have True Boss earring then Zhakan is better than Pinnacle. If you do have True Boss earring, then you must note that switching to Zhakan will lose you about 20% crit damage in exchange for 9% shadow damage. All in all your damage upon critical hits should stay pretty much untouched, but your average dps will go up a tiny bit since your non-crits will deal more damage (that is if you switch from True Boss to Zhakan).

Tysm! :D

If you have no other elemental accessory than the ele earring is huge dmg increase compared to true scorpio earring.

It's because you have a lot of crit dmg from other sources and simplified formula for total dmg of critical hit is something like this:
total dmg = base dmg * crit modifier * elemental modifier

Archived