How Many Alts ?

SauronTheGreat

People keep saying it's getting easier for alts, yes it is, regarding gear upgrade cost. But, i wonder if it isn't overkill having more than 2 characters. It takes me around 5 hours at least, doing all purples above '' Lair '' except gloomdross and desolate. If i did these with 2 characters, it would take me 8-10 hours. With 3rd ? I wouldn't even have time to sleep i guess.

How many characters do you have ?

I know that many people have around 4 - 5 characters. How do you manage to play them all ? Skip many dailies ? Play them in turns ? I want to make a third character but at this rate i won't even have time to play it at all.

I have 6, all above 600 now, with plans to make the last 3 classes I don't have once the new hairstyles get released.

It usually takes me about 5 hours to do all 4 daily challenges on each character depending on the schedule and the quality of group I get into. I don't bother with any other dungeons or dailies until I've finished the daily challenges to see how much time I have left to fit in anything else. Since I get so many flowers doing the daily challenges, I don't bother with MSP since it's a huge chore most of the time as well, though I'll try to do at least one run on the weekend. Wednesdays I will do as many DKVs as I can since that's when it's easiest to get a group and the daily challenges for that day are also easy and quick (except necro T_T).

If I need various things across all my characters, I'll put some time aside to work on them in turns but I always prioritize the daily challenges. Leveling goes extremely fast (without any boosters), gearing is easy and you don't have to spend a single gold on them while using the story quest rewards. The worst part of playing and gearing an alt now is getting your Ivorymoon weapon maxed to True Ivorymoon, the Tormented weapon can be a pain in the *** to get but the other materials are easy enough. The other bad part is getting achievements and Hongmoon skills but if you plan ahead, it shouldn't take too long.

I love having alts, it gives you more versatility for helping clannies, you can run more dungeons with lockouts and you have a much better grasp of a class by actually playing it rather than just asking someone else or looking at a skill tree.

I have 3. I just do DCs and sometimes EC/DT. Takes like 3-4 hours. The thing that i realised after playing them for some times is the more geared ur alt is the easier you get things done. They are like long term investment, might be a hassle to gear them up at first. But sooner or later you will be glad having them in your arsenal.

I have over 20...30? Characters for photos, pvp, and crafts.

All I can say is, when I get on to pvp or check on my daily crafts it takes 3 to 5 hours to get on all of them. Why does it take so long? Loading screens, even worse from last months 64 update. Now I can't even get off char select screen without crashing or dcing. 

Do I regret making all these chars............yes, was it worth it?..........I still don't know......

Having many alts doesn't mean that you have to play all of them, all quests, every day. I personally, for farming items/gold use my best geared characters and quest until I feel like it (usually 2~3 DCs, but sometimes I feel like doing only 1). I don't do all purple dungeons because I feel some of them last too long with too little rewards, it's better to do quicker dungeons on other alts. When I'm not farming, I play whichever class I feel like playing, or level my alts that aren't at 50 yet. Alts are primarily for having fun~

I mainly use alts for a few things:

• Crafting
  • DKV weekly (To get flowers / gold for my alts that I like to work on later)
  • Cold Storage / Heaven's Mandate (who doesn't like easy and puggable dungeons that require no thought.  You have have the worst rotation, and most people won't notice :p.  That's about 3g.  3g x alts = profit \o/)
  • Events that have an event daily (You'll never know if one of your alts will be lucky to get a Sealed Item / Costume / Gem)
  • Free Trove Rolls.

And sometimes, I'm bored on my main, so I'll use an alt for the day and do daily challenge, or perhaps my clan needs a a certain class more than they need my main, so I switch classes

Don't burn yourself doing purple trains and dailies on all of them.  You'll quit the game faster if you do that.

I have 4 alts, only 1 isn't capped yet.

I usually just run everything on my main and primary alt, it's the easiest for me when I'm really motivated to grind some gold.
Alts can easily make the gold you spent on them back once they hit 600AP, so I think it's a good idea to have some.

wow.  I play this game a lot, but i'm more of an explorer-dawdler and really move slowly through areas and farm serious numbers of trash. so my main is my alt, I put a different outfit on...

I have my main, and my second toon has worked its way to L45, mostly from anniversary escapades and the 1.5xp event whenever that was, heh and before farming keys and viridian poison.  that toon is strictly the utility-storage alt.

when it dweebs up to L48, i'll sneak it into grand harvest and mail it the stones to get the silverfrost gear. when it dweebs the rest of the way to L50 I'll feed it the many exp charms it has piled up since I started playing last august for instant hm2 or 3 haha.

the irony is that RNGeesus absolutely loves my alt. she got everything for the anniversary stuff so she hooked my main up with the gem. she is the only one that spins the daily dash wheel.

The dash is her friend :). my main has srs fail luck overall ..oh the irony

Main perk behind multiple chars is crafting, you can also gear them to do stuff but to be honest you are better off focusing in one or doing the most profiteable "chores" with some. I have 6 and I used all of them and I kind of regreat it, I burned out myself.

Anyway, If up to you.

On 4/2/2017 at 11:24 AM, SauronTheGreat said:

People keep saying it's getting easier for alts, yes it is, regarding gear upgrade cost. But, i wonder if it isn't overkill having more than 2 characters. It takes me around 5 hours at least, doing all purples above '' Lair '' except gloomdross and desolate. If i did these with 2 characters, it would take me 8-10 hours. With 3rd ? I wouldn't even have time to sleep i guess.

How many characters do you have ?

I know that many people have around 4 - 5 characters. How do you manage to play them all ? Skip many dailies ? Play them in turns ? I want to make a third character but at this rate i won't even have time to play it at all.

Who would do all 12 purple dungeons for all their characters? I believe people would only do them for the main character and for the alts, they just do the 4 quests each day for daily challenge rewards. Still, it takes a lot of time just by doing this. I have seen people leveling alts to do pvp in F9 as well. 

I would suggest you to focus on your main. When your main get all the max gears and sufficient golds/supplies, then you can spend more times on your alts. This is what happen to other players. They get all max gears within 1 week after new content released. So, what do they do while waiting for new content to come up? Gearing up their alts!!! Yes, I am talking about whales.

For other casual players, I think they level alts because they get bored with playing same character every day. I am one of them. I just play my alts whenever i feel bored playing my main character. That's all.

25x account : 5x main 50x alt (1account 2char)(main 2 account 4x char)

50x crafter 50lvl All craft rank lvl4

5x main 750+AP HM12+ (6th coming SF ^^ in main account) (sum,sin,fm,wl,bd,bm) (team will completed)

i havent time for alts :D Sometimes i giving them to my friends for test drive.

I havent any gold problem in game.. Time problem only :D

I'm still quite new to bns and I'm just coming to grasp the mech's of the end game, but i have 3 characters atm, only one at lvl 50 so far which i try and use every time I play, then after I've done everything with them I will switch to one of the other 2 and carry on working through the story.

I plan in the future to have more as why be limited by just 1 or 2 classes?

plus there is the added aspect of getting to learn how the other classes work, which in turn should make life easier in pvp situations and also hone in which class really suits my play style the best :D

I should point out that I really enjoy the story of bns so for me even if it's just to do the story 5+ times, this is another reason why I would want to have more characters,  

Also when I have 5+ characters I will never have time to play as all of them in a day it'll prob just be 1 or 2 like I'm doing atm 

Archived