why is my dps so low

pikapikapika

i have been playing summoner for 6 months with good gears / connection, and i think i got all the mech right (super sunflower, blah blah), and i have all secret hangmoon skills (15 sec ivy poison etc).  however, other summoners with 40 lower ap constantly out dps me (even if i substitute all my cc skills with offensive skills).  did i do anything horribly wrong?   thanks.    I must be making some major mistakes since the symptom was so outrageous.   Thanks.

photo links:

Stat of my Toon

Offensive Setup

CC Control Setup

[Pictures removed, images with player's names aren't allowed in the forums - Amraith]

I don't play a sunflower sum (not my style) but what weapon stage, what soul badge. Crit Dmg and Critical, Atk Power.

Link us gears and such maybe we can help. I can't help with rotation sunflower wise but I might be able to offer insight also what is your overall DPS (Use last fight or something)

It is okay. Yesterday, there was a HM Lv13 summoner with 820 AP and legendary necklace, ring, and belt only DPS with consistent of 15k-17k/sec with constant Soulburn from a WL.

The most ridiculous thing is that he said that the party had no damage aftward. LOL

Can you post some pics of your DPS in some dungeons, like yeti, MSP, etc..?  What's your current DPS?  What's you ping?

I have a 760 Sum in my clan, that can do 20-30k depending on buffs.  And the only difference is that he has Full MSP set and has Oath Necklace.  He's only only Stage 4 legendary weapon and only stage 6 soul.

3 minutes ago, pikapikapika said:

i average about 23-25k on yeti, but other summoners at my ap can do 30k+.    ping is very good, under 60ms.

I would recommend changing the soulshields into full MSP. For sum full MSP is good for now. Also get the badge with Triumph tokens that boosts Briar Patch as it is going to increase your dps. You could try switching points from Play Time to Anklebiter and spec it to Stage 3 to make it into Bombs Away! since Play Time doesn't really work with House Cat as cat's critical rate is lower than yours. Also you could try increasing your critical rate without having Hongmoon Bracelet and instead get Pinnacle Bracelet as it increases your critical damage. Other than that I cannot think of anything else than low fps or poor rotation. I am 805 AP sum and I do in Yeti about 25-27k without any buffs and with buffs reaching 35-40k DPS with 69-79k bursts depending how well I manage with my rotations and which buffs I have with me.

With sunflower, your highest priority is keeping your ivy poison up, getting super sunflower and using thorn strike. The regular rotation is weed whack into flying nettles, they have the same uptime, so when you see the ivy poison run out, use doom and bloom (unless you have HM weed whack, might wanna use it a little earlier). You should at most have a 4 second downtime on ivy poison if you use it correctly, longer downtime on super sunflower, but try to always have doom and bloom or flying nettles up whenever you can, but never both at the same time. Always use thorn strike and petal toss on cooldown (never thorn strike if the boss doesn't have ivy poison).

And of course, torture that lmb/rmb, but while you do that, make sure to move the mouse just a tiny bit, shake it a little.

The engine has a silly input limit on the mouse buttons (you will notice if you look at lmb/rmb if you don't move the mouse), so it ignores multiple lmb/rmb button presses, unless you move the mouse a little which somehow bypasses that limit, it might give you some motion-sickness though.

current dps build:

1-> nettle -> 2 -> 3 (after 5 stacks / 1 photosynthes) -> doom -> 1 -> nettle -> and so on

use 2 when of cd and ivy posion is active

use 3 when of cd

press lmb and rmb simultaneously to anicancel them and dont get ani focus issues. 

That your basic earth rotation. And get 8 piece msp asap if you wannt to stay earth 100% more dmg on nettles is a huge increase.

Also no green badge is realy good for us, get either the tribute token with "half cd if nettles hit" or (and that is much more important for earth) magnum badge.

for you cc build:

just use 2 points in power pounce (cause some bosses can be cced after 14 sec and then your kd can block the stun from others.

dont use 3 points in z (except you have a bm/kfm who keeps spamming block) and also dont waste points into hammer spin in pve, cause no boss will ever grab your cat.

(also what was mentioned before) dont use that 2 points into playtime, your aircombo is already enough for pve stuff and dont need to be extented on cat crit, (just as information my cast just barely can hit 50% with alley cat).

put points into your 3, into house cat, into Beckon.

Edit: also get the earth earring that will boost your dmg even further and oviously the pinnacle bracelet.

and if your weapon isnt so high right now go seraph (if you want to stay earth)

Maybe there's something wrong with your ping/fps? I have Summoner alt 620ap asura/beido ss, 50%crit , 117%crit dmg outbreker acc. no badges, some hm skills only, hm9, lvl 6 ivorymoon weapon.My dps is 18k from floor 13-15 mushin. My ping is about 22 and 60 fps. I use sunflower build. Didn't tested in dungeons.

8 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

go seraph (if you want to stay earth)

Why would he go Seraph's over baleful? Sure, it will help in 6v6 and give him a more stable rotation in PvE, but it's a cooldown, most of the time, he'll get the reset from baleful often enough to have more use for that. Reset on everything but party heal (+ meager damage increase on sunflower) vs cooldown reduction on flying nettles... I don't see how Seraph's would be better outside 6v6 and ToI.

10 minutes ago, Yndril said:

Why would he go Seraph's over baleful? Sure, it will help in 6v6 and give him a more stable rotation in PvE, but it's a cooldown, most of the time, he'll get the reset from baleful often enough to have more use for that. Reset on everything but party heal (+ meager damage increase on sunflower) vs cooldown reduction on flying nettles... I don't see how Seraph's would be better outside 6v6 and ToI.

within 5 min around 5 resets against half cd on your main dmg skill (nettle).

so its 21 nettles against 30+. And as i said dont forget that this skill is your main dmg in earth build not your rmb.

edit: full nettle multiplier with 8 msp is 60 btw. 

Just a hint magnum soul badge will double a dps of any summoner, The spam flying nettles. that sh it is op for summoner Q.Q. If you havent gotten that i would recommend you get it immediately as a summoner. I see summoners with same gear as you do around 70-80k dps with wl with that soul badge as only difference.

Posting a video of your rotation on easy boss like Yeti would help a lot, but here are the list of things that could be improved.

1. Ping - Having lower ping is always a huge boost in DPS for BnS. But this isn't something you can improve much (other than using VPN).

2. Gear - Replacing your HM Accessories with Oath Necklace and Pinnacle Bracelet will be considerable increase in DPS.

3. Soul Shield - Get MSP 8 set. It's a huge DPS increase for Earth Summoner and remain BiS until Vortex Temple.

4. Soul Badge - Get your Magnum Badge, which is also a huge increase in DPS, especially with MSP 8 set.

I was wondering if my poison ivy could overlap other summoner's skill. Because my dps meter was down from 25k to 22k somehow when I ran with other summoner even tho my rotation was the same.

7 hours ago, Kaidan said:

I was wondering if my poison ivy could overlap other summoner's skill. Because my dps meter was down from 25k to 22k somehow when I ran with other summoner even tho my rotation was the same.

ivy poison only applies if there is no ivy poison or it will a time increase. But overall ivy poison deal only around 400 dps. 

Archived