Am i doing it right? PvE Preferred player

Kaigame

Hi all, 

Just to give a bit of a background, i'm a casual player, i don't spend too much on the game(am currently premium due to having so many costumes i didn't know what to do with them).

My Force Master is HM9 at the moment, and i've just:

1) started looking at tier 5 powers

2) Tried my first PvP battle today - actually won surprisingly

3) reached 647ap, hopefully will break 650 soon.

I spent a little cash on the trove and managed to get the Galaxy Weapon, as it was so much cheaper than upgrading my True Ivorymoon Stage 10 to Seraph or Baleful, and it seems to be ok. I see that the upgrade costs are coming down, so it might be time to be looking at upgrading the weapon i've spent so long upgrading from lvl 1.

Am i going about this the right way? Is the Galaxy weapon as bad as some of the threads make out? Is it that bad for my FM? 

Also, i see i need a Royal Zen Bean to get Stage 5 Tier 2(have i mixed up tiers and stages?) Inferno, which means i have to PvP, which i really don't want to do, is there anyway around this? must i do approx 30+ PvP battles to accomplish this? I even hate the faction missions, someone always kills me out of the blue!

Any other tips would be appreciated, am also using all Pinnacle Jewellery.

Galaxy weapon is great on an FM.... if you're interested in 6v6 / OW PVP.

(Where it is very strong, though until we get Stage 10+ it's overall weaker than Raven imo)

Galaxy gives you a decent amount of additional face-tanking capacity and Galaxy is perfectly competitive with Baleful for DPS buuuut....

The problem is it's a HUGE gold sink (Stage 9 Galaxy total cost is roughly the same as making Baleful 10) and it's ALSO a dead-end from a PvE perspective.

Raven is the PvE weapon and it will absolutely demolish Galaxy in PvE DPS - and Ascendant (the next evolution of Galaxy) won't really change that much.

Also, Inferno Tier 2 is for PvP and ONLY PvP - if you want PvP skills, you have to PvP for them or buy a Duelist's Bundle.

Inferno Tier 1 is for PvE, and the achievements related to it are PvE oriented. (or again, Duelist's Bundle)

12 hours ago, Kaigame said:

Also, i see i need a Royal Zen Bean to get Stage 5 Tier 2(have i mixed up tiers and stages?) Inferno, which means i have to PvP, which i really don't want to do, is there anyway around this? must i do approx 30+ PvP battles to accomplish this? I even hate the faction missions, someone always kills me out of the blue!

Your Force Blast - stage 3 tier 3 (5) Impact - allows you to cast inferno stage 1 instantly. S1 Inferno deals more damage (and can be cast second time with extra dmg if you have unlocked tier 5) so there is no reason to use stage 2 inferno in PvE anymore.

12 hours ago, Kaigame said:

Any other tips would be appreciated, am also using all Pinnacle Jewellery.

I would recomend upgrading at least earring to true scorpio version if you still have the upgradable earring. Pinnacle earring stats are rly bad in comparison with true scorpio.

14 hours ago, Mirryn said:

Wish Also, Inferno Tier 2 is for PvP and ONLY PvP - if you want PvP skills, you have to PvP for them or buy a Duelist's Bundle.

Inferno Tier 1 is for PvE, and the achievements related to it are PvE oriented. (or again, Duelist's Bundle)

OK, need to figure out how that works, i'll give it a go.

7 hours ago, Dlacik said:

Your Force Blast - stage 3 tier 3 (5) Impact - allows you to cast inferno stage 1 instantly. S1 Inferno deals more damage (and can be cast second time with extra dmg if you have unlocked tier 5) so there is no reason to use stage 2 inferno in PvE anymore.

I would recomend upgrading at least earring to true scorpio version if you still have the upgradable earring. Pinnacle earring stats are rly bad in comparison with true scorpio.

Out of sheer sentiment and stinginess, i've kept all the upgradeable jewellery, i have so much stuff i can't use anymore, it's all clogging up my vault. I'll check out upgrading the jewellery, it's cheaper than upgrading my weapon anyway :D

I've switched back to the True Ivorymoon Bangle, have also realised i need to change my soul shields for ones with more Crit, probably why my damage is a bit low, i've been concentrating on HP. 

You should aim for either full msp legendary soul shields (which are fairly easy to get atm with alts doing khanda vihar raid) or 1-5 MSP and the rest oblivion soul shields and you get that from desolate tomb

I highly suggest getting the full msp soul shields and you unlock the HM skill for blazing beam [2]

It's going to be really good after the new skill changes 

You should ignore your weapon for now and focus on that IMO

53 minutes ago, sephy Kun said:

You should aim for either full msp legendary soul shields (which are fairly easy to get atm with alts doing khanda vihar raid) or 1-5 MSP and the rest oblivion soul shields and you get that from desolate tomb

I highly suggest getting the full msp soul shields and you unlock the HM skill for blazing beam [2]

It's going to be really good after the new skill changes 

You should ignore your weapon for now and focus on that IMO

Yeah, i came to the same conclusion during the last MSP raid i did, although my damage output isn't too bad, it could be much better. I've got 1 Soul shield already, but i just can't do the raid enough times to get more, i'm working on it though.

1 hour ago, Kaigame said:

Yeah, i came to the same conclusion during the last MSP raid i did, although my damage output isn't too bad, it could be much better. I've got 1 Soul shield already, but i just can't do the raid enough times to get more, i'm working on it though.

If you have alts (they have to be on the same account) you can do dawn of khanda vihar, which gives 4 flowers every week for each character. And you can mail the flowers to your main. It's a lot less boring and more profitable that way, its faster too. 

Don't forget to fuse it with critical primers to get your crit to 60% 

Your weapon should be the last of your concerns over all. You should get the green badge if it's still available in the market, it takes priority over spending your gold on the weapon 

After that you should also horde your gold and spam desolate tomb and ebondrake citadel so you can bid on draken accessory instead of wasting that gold on upgrading your weapon and regretting it when they drop

If you have any more questions i'll be happy to help o: 

green badge? Soul badges? I'll have a look.

**Ha I'm going to need more gold than i've got, only getting 1G from my daily challenge maximum, if i ever get 1000, i'll get my soul badge**

I don't have any Alts high enough, so i'll have to continue solo. Just completed stages 1-3 MSP, will try again a little later if i can(I'm at work and shouldn't exactly be playing an MMO).

Got the hang of the impact/inferno combo, being able to use Stage 1 Inferno twice without that horrid cast time is awesome! Thanks!!

I'll be waiting until the 12th before even thinking about upgrading my weapon, hopefully between now and then i'll have picked up some more soul shields.

Thanks for the tips.

41 minutes ago, sephy Kun said:

Consider buying the instant level 50 voucher on the next update or just level up alts if you have the time

Doing msp 1-3 will take you forever 

I have a 49 and a 50HM6, but on different accounts, i really don't have the time at the moment to make another, i'll give it a go.

2 hours ago, Kaigame said:

**Ha I'm going to need more gold than i've got, only getting 1G from my daily challenge maximum, if i ever get 1000, i'll get my soul badge**

lmao i haven't logged in for a long time 

how much are they worth now xD?

Note : you'll never get 1k from daily challenge

2 hours ago, sephy Kun said:

lmao i haven't logged in for a long time 

how much are they worth now xD?

Note : you'll never get 1k from daily challenge

Soul badge is 70 Fury Tokens, which are about 20G for 5.

As to your note, then that is when i'll get a soul badge :D

So about 300 gold

That's not so bad xD

Keep in mind that fury tokens are limited and they wont be coming back for a long time and they might run out of them on f5

Since you're a casual player i can see why that much money would be alot though xD  

Slowly but surely getting there, got 1-3 Soul shields now from MSP, need to do Ebondrake Citadel to get soul shields for the rest.

Haven't done this dungeon before, and i know how unforgiving this game is for people who 'don't know the mechs', so i'll have a watch a few guides first, still there is nothing quite like actually doing it for good practice.

Archived