4/12 Legendary Weapon Material Changes

Zuzu

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It breaks down to:

"Dont' invest money" your invested value will be inflationed superfast.

"Don't upgrade gear" you will get all nearly free/cheap with some patience.

"Don't buy/upgrade gems", soon event will give you some for free/cheap. 

Why even bother to play, just login to collect the recent goodies and logoff to play some other game. 

Seriously,  why should people continue playing? The mood is: Just wait for next reduction or event to get all the things people grinding for cheap and fast. In between it's not worth playing (grinding the same dungeons a hundred times), while continuous supresssing your will to progress 'cause it would be waste. Doesn't sound entertaining to me. 

This wouldn't be a problem, if the timeframe is about many month so people have time to enjoy their efforts/commitment, but this "trove>reduction-cycle" is just disrespectful to your community.

Is this the Blade & Soul you want us to play?

I still hope it's an April joke. If not > Compensation maybe?

44 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

This wouldn't be a problem, if the timeframe is about many month so people have time to enjoy their efforts/commitment, but this "trove>reduction-cycle" is just disrespectful to your community.

Timeframe is fast because we get content fast. If that bother you, dont play until we have lvl 55 patch and reached korea speed releasing content. We are getting 5 year content in 2 years so ofc reductions happen much faster as well.  

Just now, Suna said:

Timeframe is fast because we get content fast. If that bother you, dont play until we have lvl 55 patch and reached korea speed releasing content. We are getting 5 year content in 2 years so ofc reductions happen much faster as well.  

Why we have to go though that cycle in fist place? What's the point of adding new weapon stage if it will be changed in next two months or so. Implementing new weapon stage with already adjusted upgrade value would be too much to ask I suppose.

Behold !!! This is what happens when you decide to release a game with content rushing strategy, but without any thought/plan on reducing the materials needed to upgrade the equipment from the beginning; or maybe you did have some thought/plan on such, but for the sake of maximum short term profit, you just willingly ignored it and play them trove/luck box cards instead.

This isn't the first and won't be the last time this happen, so have fun watching all your hard work get thrown out the window further down the road folks.

25 minutes ago, Fiana said:

so many butthurt comment.. all i can hear is their insecurity because soon they're will lose their "elite" status... because casual ppl will catch up :3

So upgrading legendary between s1 and s7 is elite? I don't think so. 
On top, I payed some money on trove to compensate my lack of playtime ('cause fulltime job) to achieve this and to keep up withthe rest. 

I would never have done this to begin with, if i knew this before/while trove event. And here is the catch. 

From my point of view your impression is wrong. I'm mad and feel kinda scammed. I would appreciate some compensation for this.

The support will revert upgraded weapon only within 7 days, very clever to announce the true reduction cost 1 week after trove.

-.- 

Since day one they rush on content since day one once you close to catch up they throw in your face a new content to never give you a break, because uhmm we have to catch up koreans ? and euh uhmm veterans cryed a lot first month to have an agressive patch Schedule ?

Don't understand why you all soo chocked / surprised this is not new, ( i personaly will upgrade from true pirate to legendary stage 8 saving thousands of golds/time *giggle*)

The only reason to rush on content is to be able to one shoot newbs in 6v6 other than that, doing black tower today or in 6 months, i see no difference, this is players vs IA.

i want to add to this  :

Seraph Weapon - Stage 10 upgrades to Riftwalk Weapon - Stage 1

Baleful Weapon - Stage 10 upgrades to Dawnforged Weapon - Stage 1

are those upgrades for real ?

because i don't care about stats i want a seraph cause seraph look cooler but, evolving seraph into those red riftwalk that suit perfectly a bateful weapon doesnt make any sense. And i heard to change for seraph to baleful we have to spend 1k golds, so can we make whites weapons evolve into whites weapons and red into red, please devs, i beg you !

12 minutes ago, ombremq said:

because i don't care about stats i want a seraph cause seraph look cooler but, evolving seraph into those red riftwalk that suit perfectly a bateful weapon doesnt make any sense. And i heard to change for seraph to baleful we have to spend 1k golds, so can we make whites weapons evolve into whites weapons and red into red, please devs, i beg you !

all you need is a twisted mirror and 100g * legendary stage.

12 minutes ago, ombremq said:

The only reason to rush on content is to be able to one shoot newbs in 6v6 other than that, doing black tower today or in 6 months, i see no difference, this is

not only that what can you do with true pirate weapon? maybe max citadel? so you are ok to just run outdated content?

I am personally happy with the reduction. I can understand why this change hurts people but think about casual players. Lots of players can't play all day all night, we have to go school/work/etc. Playing 1-2 hours after school/work is not enough to reach Legendary stage 1 right now. Assuming "normal RNG" it takes weeks or months to get 2-300g (if you are geared enough to do the dailies!) which is a single(!) Premium Stone. The dropped costs on the market helps a lot. (I'm playing since the release in EU/NA and I remember when the Moonwater Stone was 5-8g, Gem Hammers are 6-15g and so on, hahah.)

Imagine a player who started to play the game recently. The lower level dungeons (even lvl45-50) are dead. And even if they can complete every possible (lower level) quests, the daily income is about 5-10g. Of course the Silverfrost open-world dailies give them some extra gold, but it's currently not enough to go higher (or it takes a lot of time). Lots of people asking for 600 or 650+ ap for eg. Yeti, which is doable with 4x450 or so. The AP requirements are way too high compared to the rewards (and difficulty). And when these (or the casual) players can reach EC or DT? Half year or more?

However I can agree with a minor compensation. Minor, because people with Legendary gear are probably playing EC, DT and other high-level dungeons and raids for months right now and they have way more gold (and other advantages?) than players with low(er) gear. And sadly, most of the players are not helpful enough/at all.

TLDR: I'm happy with the change: this way, more players can play the "new" content. :)

This is exactly why I rarely spend real money to progress in a game (Although I spend a lot on costumes alone).

During the trove period, when the currency exchange dropped I calculated how much cash I would have to spend in order to reach baleful stage 10, which if I remember correctly was about £400. At the time that may have been considered a bargain. But I am so glad I haven't whaled out on a game, and with these recent changes I never will. 

3 hours ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

So upgrading legendary between s1 and s7 is elite? I don't think so. 
On top, I payed some money on trove to compensate my lack of playtime ('cause fulltime job) to achieve this and to keep up withthe rest. 

I would never have done this to begin with, if i knew this before/while trove event. And here is the catch. 

From my point of view your impression is wrong. I'm mad and feel kinda scammed. I would appreciate some compensation for this.

The support will revert upgraded weapon only within 7 days, very clever to announce the true reduction cost 1 week after trove.

-.- 

all of us already know there will be reduction cost the very second big update april 12 coming.. the rumor start months ago, they just release the reduction list few days ago

i already warn all my clan member and faction chat, long" time ago to wait for stratus, especially when i heard cost for silverfrost premium stone will be cut :3 and you as high end player with high end clan... without any doubt heard all of this. even so you choose to do trove and upgrade weapon, gems, and stuff... patch will come in 2 week, of couse they going to announce all information.

bdw, trove is season event... that event will start regadless any patch or anything

bdw, they still need skin, forging orbs and flower, those won't get any price cut.

Awesome update, this is exactly what i needed to gear my alts instead of being kicked in F8 from dungeons i did 500 times because not enough AP dude, free stage 3 legend, and cheap stage 7, just gonna need to farm those taikan skins ^^

I'll Make this simple

People saying no don't give any compensation... you won't get affected if the player who geared first get compensated, if they get compensated they can help more on a party cuz they can reach higher damage and stats and help you on the more difficult dungeons since its easier to carry ppl if you have good stats.

People saying why you reduce the costs and let the new players gear up... you won't get affected as much too, let them gear up and have their fun. For me is good since my friends can reach up with me faster and we can clear dungeons faster... I won't have to keep solo farming .

Also even if players get to have st6 leg weapons you still have to farm leg accessories (no easy task) and level them up. Weapons are not everything on this game, if you don't have your leg accessories your dps won't go up that much and your defense and other stats will show you how easy you can die in a hard boss and mech (I know ppl with 700+ AP with a 15k dps at much).

And for those who spent lots of money on the trove for something like materials as your goal... I would say in my personal opinion that it's always a waist of money to pay for materials that can be farmed for free inside the game... I spent money on the trove for limited content like outfits, the weapon skin and the gems (didn't got the gem I wanted T_T).

I'm talking as a veteran hardcore player who's been playing since closed beta... I take no side. It's not wrong if ppl ask for compensation or get compensation... and it's not wrong if new players can access more content by gearing up.

10 hours ago, Ginkuro said:

I'll Make this simple

People saying no don't give any compensation... you won't get affected if the player who geared first get compensated, if they get compensated they can help more on a party cuz they can reach higher damage and stats and help you on the more difficult dungeons since its easier to carry ppl if you have good stats.

It's not that simple because most of the players are NOT helping the lower geared players. :) 90% of the time they just kick/leave. :(

42 minutes ago, csisy said:

It's not that simple because most of the players are NOT helping the lower geared players. :) 90% of the time they just kick/leave. :(

So then that leaves you to say dont let them go Higher cuz they wont help me...? Even if not all the High AP players help that is not a rule... In my case I dont care to do dungs with others with minimum AP requirements or even to do carrys, and Im not the only one, I can tell cuz I have 7 Alts and always get nice ppl among the high level players, its not ok to say all higher players wont help you, and even if they dont, it wont affect to your progress if they advance more than you, all videos on internet about the mechs of a dung are made by those players and you benefit from them if you take your time and watch them, also in my comment I said too that its not wrong for new players to have an easy way to progress you are already geting a benefit from it and again wont get afected if those players move on to the next content, even with the discounts you cant expect to be doing naryu sanctum the same day its released cuz you have to farm your legendary accesories or you wont be doing any damage worth or even hold to the attacks of those bosses that need a 25k or 30k DPS that you wont get only from the legendary weapon. As I said, players with low AP would not get affected if those other players get to progress further and if you need help for doing dungs, you can find a nice clan that helps you to learn and farm those hard dungs and get your gear up.

9 hours ago, Ginkuro said:

So then that leaves you to say dont let them go Higher cuz they wont help me...? Even if not all the High AP players help that is not a rule... In my case I dont care to do dungs with others with minimum AP requirements or even to do carrys, and Im not the only one, I can tell cuz I have 7 Alts and always get nice ppl among the high level players, its not ok to say all higher players wont help you, and even if they dont, it wont affect to your progress if they advance more than you, all videos on internet about the mechs of a dung are made by those players and you benefit from them if you take your time and watch them, also in my comment I said too that its not wrong for new players to have an easy way to progress you are already geting a benefit from it and again wont get afected if those players move on to the next content, even with the discounts you cant expect to be doing naryu sanctum the same day its released cuz you have to farm your legendary accesories or you wont be doing any damage worth or even hold to the attacks of those bosses that need a 25k or 30k DPS that you wont get only from the legendary weapon. As I said, players with low AP would not get affected if those other players get to progress further and if you need help for doing dungs, you can find a nice clan that helps you to learn and farm those hard dungs and get your gear up.

You're looking at the game with rose colored lenses. This is not how it happens for most. The game promotes selfishness. You power through the story and only group up with others because you need something from them. Even when you do group up in the open world areas or in large instances you're competing for the same items and if you don't do top damage you miss out. In the dungeons players are all bidding on the same gear and there's cooperation only to get through what's going on, not to help one another progress. I like that you're so optimistic, but what you're talking about just does not happen often in the game.

All these complaints about trove money and stratus upgrade discount is just ludicrous. A lot of people i know spent quite a good amount on trove but didn't upgrade their gears right away. They waited to see how the market will response and they got their rewards. Nobody pushed you to rush and now you are asking compensation for optional spending.

I, for one, am very glad they did this.

Nobody push you to rush....exactly, so just keep waiting until the final final patch come and then do your upgrades, i will guarantee you that the journey you took was quite formidable, sadly in the end of the day some things must come to an end. 

"The Waiting game"

On 1/4/2017 at 10:54 AM, Prototypemind said:

You're looking at the game with rose colored lenses. This is not how it happens for most. The game promotes selfishness. You power through the story and only group up with others because you need something from them. Even when you do group up in the open world areas or in large instances you're competing for the same items and if you don't do top damage you miss out. In the dungeons players are all bidding on the same gear and there's cooperation only to get through what's going on, not to help one another progress. I like that you're so optimistic, but what you're talking about just does not happen often in the game.

It actualy is like you say for a lot of people who can be selfish and only use other people to get what they want, even if this is like that for a lot of players, theres a lot more people that is open to help other players, as I said you have to look for those people, get a nice clan not just a big clan full of whales, I'm realy far from my friends level and gear, even if, I'm helping them to get theirs, and like me someone did that for me when I stated the game, do I win something? of course I do, I'm geting a nice game experience sharing with nice people and enyoing the game, maybe I'm looking at the game with rose colored lenses, but everyone desides in wich color to see the experience they get, and of course you can choose to gather with others that see the game like you do and enjoy it or get a bad experience leting others affect your gameplay. Just my personal perspective if it doesnt fits to your taste just ignore it. ;)

On 4/3/2017 at 5:55 AM, Ginkuro said:

It actualy is like you say for a lot of people who can be selfish and only use other people to get what they want, even if this is like that for a lot of players, theres a lot more people that is open to help other players, as I said you have to look for those people, get a nice clan not just a big clan full of whales, I'm realy far from my friends level and gear, even if, I'm helping them to get theirs, and like me someone did that for me when I stated the game, do I win something? of course I do, I'm geting a nice game experience sharing with nice people and enyoing the game, maybe I'm looking at the game with rose colored lenses, but everyone desides in wich color to see the experience they get, and of course you can choose to gather with others that see the game like you do and enjoy it or get a bad experience leting others affect your gameplay. Just my personal perspective if it doesnt fits to your taste just ignore it. ;)

I was pointing out that again, for the majority of players the experience you mention is not theirs. Most players don't get helpful responses in Faction/Region chat, don't get helpful instructions in cross-server, and don't have players showing kindness just because. The forums are a relatively accurate reflection of what goes on in game. Here on the forums when someone asks a question, 'git gud' or 'google it' are the majority of responses. This isn't a friendly community, and the fact that the core game doesn't lend itself to grouping unless there is something to compete for and when those occasions arise the group is competing against its own member gives rise to that only getting worse and worse.

Archived