Forums

4/12 Legendary Weapon Material Changes

Zuzu

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Shintensen said:

Those nerf on leveling the gears are a good thing for the game in general and especially for new and ungeared players. But what about veterans who kept their gears updated as soon as possible and spent thousands of gold already ? Why no compensations at all ? Ncsoft should look at what Tencent does about that matter.

I always see any GM from NcSoft warning people that they don't need to rush upgrades in the same instant they're released, people do it because they want.

Blade and Soul has been reducing upgrade costs since the begin it has been like that.

If people decide to rush upgrades, they benefit from it much more than people who waits for recuded costs.

example: They are able to do new content faster than people who wait to upgrades, they farm more, make more gold, when new content release they rush new upgrades and farm that content without problems, it's an advantage also, just as people who decide to wait a new content release in order to catch up for the previous content...

I don't think there is need to "compensate" whoever rush upgrades... They do it by their own, none forces them.

^This.

Seriously, everyone gets benefits from the system at some point, the people that want to be at the top first get that time to shine... and the patient, lazy or casual people can get a good deal while closing the gap in terms of gear later on. Stop whining every time a cost reduction comes out, it'll always be like this and everyone is fully aware of that by now.

I am agree with Cheung and previous answers you still can profite upgrading your gear faster by making more money cause acces to end game content and by having fun killing plebs in 6v6 blablabla...

but never stop farming or your lose your advantage... in sum up make this game your second job :p

Well now i think we all should ask one question.... Why the hell Sexy light Seraph legendary weapon evolve into those weird dark weapon and vice versa, that doesnt make any sense.... light should evolve to the light and dark to dark, logic please ?

Thank you for posting the information Zuzu. The link is currently down and I can not looking into anything else that might have been in the link.

The only thing I am wondering is if weapons will still be required as upgrade material at each point. Either way it does not matter just curious about it.

The one thing I did notice is that frozen stingers/sacred orbs are no longer required for upgrading in the Baleful/Seraph weapon paths. I am wondering if that is an oversight or an actual change? I am going to wait until the next stream and for more information to be posted.

Once the patches start having more time between them, then it will be a good gauge to see where everyone is at. Maybe NCSoft can do a survey to see just how everyone is really doing once that starts happening. Short time frames between patches really does not bode well for new/newer players and returning players. Things change so quickly people feel lost even if they are out for a few of months.

The cost reduction is bullshit. Let me tell you a sad story. I started to upgrade to legendary around December on the first legendary cost reduction. I played everyday and I did all the purples and hundreds of naksun run. In 4 months I managed to get to stage 7 and I can add that I didn't get anything during trove that helped my weapon upgrade with 100 keys. I used 7 SPTS which cost around 380-400g each (approx. 2.8k gold total), that's about 2 months of farming. What happened now? Any average Joe and his mother can get to stage 6 within a month. I feel like my dedication doesn't matter anymore, because in the end my progression becomes equivalent to someone just playing 1/4 of my playtime. Don't ever try to reach end game. Basically, all you need to do is to play about 1 month now get your legendary stage 6 then slack off and come back later 4 months when BT is nerfed and further cost reduction, proceed to play another month. Congratulations you played a game for 2 months and you have the same progression of someone playing for 10 months. 

I know how you feel dude but chill, like many said before no one force/hold a gun to your head and told you to blaze thru, I upgraded my dagger to stage 3 I believe when you needed 3 premium stone for stage 1 'plus 2 more p stone, one for stage 2 and stage 3', I went from True Scorpio stage 10 straight to baleful stage 3, cost quite some gold but what done is done, sitting at stage 6 atm. 

1 hour ago, Cryon said:

The cost reduction is bullshit. Let me tell you a sad story. I started to upgrade to legendary around December on the first legendary cost reduction. I played everyday and I did all the purples and hundreds of naksun run. In 4 months I managed to get to stage 7 and I can add that I didn't get anything during trove that helped my weapon upgrade with 100 keys. I used 7 SPTS which cost around 380-400g each (approx. 2.8k gold total), that's about 2 months of farming. What happened now? Any average Joe and his mother can get to stage 6 within a month. I feel like my dedication doesn't matter anymore, because in the end my progression becomes equivalent to someone just playing 1/4 of my playtime. Don't ever try to reach end game. Basically, all you need to do is to play about 1 month now get your legendary stage 6 then slack off and come back later 4 months when BT is nerfed and further cost reduction, proceed to play another month. Congratulations you played a game for 2 months and you have the same progression of someone playing for 10 months. 

You've got your weapon sooner than ppl who wait for cost reduction. Also since you've get it when it was closer to latest content it helped you much more with clearing it. For example the first 3 stages of baleful/seraph were released when the sogun's lament was top dungeon. Getting it at that time significantly sped up you sogun's lament runs. If you get stage 3 baleful/seraph now it still speeds up your lament runs, but it won't be much help in naryu foundry or skybreaker spire.

Also this happens in RL quite often. You buy new mobile phone or car then the new model comes out and the price of the model you bought is reduced. Are you going to complain to the phone/car manufacturer about that?

Now... this is a total rip off...those SPTS/Forging Orbs that i used to get to stage 10 leg... its a shame NCSOFT for doing this to us..  </3

i wont say anything now, once this patch is live and we don't get anything in return, at least...break even on the cost of the pre-patch expenses or something to compensate it. prepare yourselves NCsoft... this is not a threat just a reminder...

wait so FORGING ORBS are not needed anymore??? what i'm going to do with these 3 ones that i farmed before trove for 250/300g? all those wipes!!!! so much time and money wasted for nothing also these orbs are not tradable, this game really hates me!!! fml. 

48 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

You've got your weapon sooner than ppl who wait for cost reduction. Also since you've get it when it was closer to latest content it helped you much more with clearing it. For example the first 3 stages of baleful/seraph were released when the sogun's lament was top dungeon. Getting it at that time significantly sped up you sogun's lament runs. If you get stage 3 baleful/seraph now it still speeds up your lament runs, but it won't be much help in naryu foundry or skybreaker spire.

Also this happens in RL quite often. You buy new mobile phone or car then the new model comes out and the price of the model you bought is reduced. Are you going to complain to the phone/car manufacturer about that?

I agree that you get to clear hard contents faster, but benefits is almost non-existent. Let's take my example.  What kind of benefit did I get? Although faster clears did I reach end game?  The answer is no. I did not make significantly more gold because I got the stage 7, instead I lost gold because of the patch. I wouldn't be as upset if I were banking thousands of gold or reached high end gear because I upgraded in advance. 

The timing of this patch and the reduction is just ridiculous. Dropping this bomb right after a trove is not cool at all. People should be offered a one-time legendary revert or refund partial of the upgrade materials as account bound (for alts or further upgrading) , thus not affecting the economy as intended. The price of SPTS will be crushed anyway and introducing more makes no difference. 

You want to compare with RL? What you do is you return your recently bought phone or car and get your money back, no complaints need to be filed. Also, stuff don't lose value in such rapid rate. 4 months old phone or car is not going to drop 75% in price. 

2 hours ago, Carloskee said:

Now... this is a total rip off...those SPTS/Forging Orbs that i used to get to stage 10 leg... its a shame NCSOFT for doing this to us..  </3

i wont say anything now, once this patch is live and we don't get anything in return, at least...break even on the cost of the pre-patch expenses or something to compensate it. prepare yourselves NCsoft... this is not a threat just a reminder...

2 hours ago, xCandyBear said:

wait so FORGING ORBS are not needed anymore??? what i'm going to do with these 3 ones that i farmed before trove for 250/300g? all those wipes!!!! so much time and money wasted for nothing also these orbs are not tradable, this game really hates me!!! fml. 

no you still need forging orbs and taikhan skin.. and it won't get reduction

and yes, for ppl who get stage 10 or raven stage 6 right now... probably feel frustated because all effort you've done

but think about it, you overpower the game for almost a years. and now skybreak spire & stratus content coming out... meanwhile most ppl still farming entry level legendary weapon (stage 1-3). have you ever heard, there ppl who sell raid BT? how much they get each raid? 4k-8k per piece equipment and 1k-2k entry fee. as a casual player who play 5-7 hours after work from open beta till now... i still have no idea how to gather 8k gold

so if ncsoft want ppl to play their new content, they need to forcefully increase average ap player... cost reduction is one of those way, as far i see they cut 50% cost, with this most ppl will able to upgrade to legendary stage 7-10

and this will make dungeon DT, EC, NF, BT and MSP stage 6 become more common :3 and hopefully in 5-6 month ... people can fully enjoyed new content.

9 hours ago, Shintensen said:

Those nerf on leveling the gears are a good thing for the game in general and especially for new and ungeared players. But what about veterans who kept their gears updated as soon as possible and spent thousands of gold already ? Why no compensations at all ? Ncsoft should look at what Tencent does about that matter.

It's like when Apple launched new iPhone series with expensive price and rich people rush to buy it to show off. As time goes by, that iPhone series price will drop or having big discount after new product introduced. Did the consumers ask for refund or compensation too? We got a similar situation here, so be smart next time. As a gamer i never rush to buy things, i wait till the hype is gone so they will make big discount like steam sales then i start to open my wallet. As a wise man once said, patience is virtue.

Some people rush to upgrade so they can be the best player in the server while some do it so they can farm gold from new content with higher AP. For example, after 12th April geared players will farm in Naryu Sanctum to sell "Sealed Xenos Ring" for 2k each or more. I notice there are also many clans selling Skybreak Spire service which costs 2k-8k gold for entrance fee. I'm sure these people wont complain much coz they have made their money back.

i just dont get why those ppl that upgrade their weapon think they deserve an compensations ?_?...its a normal thing if older stuff get cheaper when the new stuff come out...for me the moments they make cost reduction before...i got a hint like ah later will be another cost reduction again when the new stuff come out...and tada its here...so im not surprise anymore if later we will get another cost reduction when the new stuff come out..and seriously guys until when u gonna stuck up with the past...back then when my upgrade wep its expensive bla2 and now its become cheap bla2 so they need to give us the compesations for ppl that upgrading their wep befoe this update...<<<its really make me lol

I count myself to the ones that recently (last 4 weeks) upgraded their gear due to trove (tons of gold and money!), and now the upcaming patch obliterate both currencies spend ... 

To say it in short: This is a huge rip-off!

Sure, newcommers benefit and people with high-raven weapon don't care alot. But all those people who spend gold/money on trove and upgraded recently got literally busted. 

This reads like a huge prank, if it won't be for real. I understand that we need to push forward to close gap between NA/EU and KR but this is not a fair way to deal with your customers! 

I can understand the peoples demand for a compensation.

PS: There is a difference between a couple of weeks and being ahead for month!

It's funny how in some ways, changes like this kinda bring to the surface the egoistic side in some people. As it has already been said, no one forced anyone to upgrade at a certain time. Whether you want to speed up and have the highest gear early in the game or choose to take your time and do it later, it is all down to YOUR decision. People should always take into account this is not a fully released game. New content and changes will happen all the time and one should expect a surprise like this.

Thinking about it, if you happened to upgrade your gear earlier on, when new content was released, you had the chance to enjoy what other ppl with weaker gear could not > while you were happily joining end game dungeons without any problems and having fun with your new shinny weapon, most others were struggling with being accepted in a party/raid because their stats did not meet the requirements > time is money, so while you were able to farm dungeons faster, it took longer for others etc. 

Also, complaining people should know that this is NOT only an opportunity for new players to get high there (and not THAT high considering it only helps you get half way down the legendary chain, if even that), but it is a chance for others that have been playing this for months and still don't have a legendary weapon (or it's at a lower stage) because prices for certain materials have gone through pretty outrageous waves and/or farming them was kinda impossible with their gear. 

All in all, is it that bad that this change will help Other people as well, or should everything be only about your own person? 

55 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

I count myself to the ones that recently (last 4 weeks) upgraded their gear due to trove (tons of gold and money!), and now the upcaming patch obliterate both currencies spend ... 

To say it in short: This is a huge rip-off!

Sure, newcommers benefit and people with high-raven weapon don't care alot. But all those people who spend gold/money on trove and upgraded recently got literally busted. 

This reads like a huge prank, if it won't be for real. I understand that we need to push forward to close gap between NA/EU and KR but this is not a fair way to deal with your customers! 

I can understand the peoples demand for a compensation.

PS: There is a difference between a couple of weeks and being ahead for month!

Here, i will give you the solution for this situation in the future. Never upgrade your gears before its final reduction cost (you need to keep an eye on other TW/KR/JP server to get the latest info though). If you are impatient, at least spend your money into gems to cover the lack of AP like some ppl did, including me. I saw a player got 750 AP as HM8 using true ivory and pinnacle set only while i can only reach 720+ coz i cant afford octagonal full set. Make 9 chars and share those gems and do all purple dungeon dailies which is enough with 700+. And......? Profit.

10 minutes ago, temy said:

kinda bring to the surface the egoistic side in some people.

Sorry, but i would like to see your face impression, if you instead had recently spend money or thousounds of gold gearing up and recognize 1 week later that you can achieve the same in next 2 weeks for literally nothing.

No sane person would have upgraded with trove event, if that change would be known ahead. Everyone would have sitting on their money/gold. So would I.

I'm asking support by now for a rollback of my gear. I can imagine the answer ...  

36 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

Sorry, but i would like to see your face impression, if you instead had recently spend money or thousounds of gold gearing up and recognize 1 week later that you can achieve the same in next 2 weeks for literally nothing.

No sane person would have upgraded with trove event, if that change would be known ahead. Everyone would have sitting on their money/gold. So would I.

I'm asking support by now for a rollback of my gear. I can imagine the answer ...  

Whatever my reaction, I would certainly not complain or ask for compensation. I get that it might be upsetting in some ways, but that does not mean I should ask to be given back anything of what I've invested because I wouldn't be able to give back my time and whatever else I gained by playing content I wouldn't have been able to play otherwise, without upgraded gear. Also, the trove argument doesn't really stand, because ppl did not get Only mats for upgrading their legendary, they've won a lot of other items. So if they invested in keys and opened all the slots, again it was their OWN decision. Trove is a gamble, so if you fall for it, that's your own fault. 

I'm the type of person that likes to make the most out of my playtime so I never rush into things as a general principle. However, if I did, I'm an adult so I would own up to the consequences of my own decisions. I might have lost gold, but the point of playing a game is to have fun, so I'm pretty sure I would have had a lot of fun with better gear for higher dungeons and other goodies from the trove.

As a side note, this change does affect me to a certain degree, since I've been saving mats in the past month for a full jump from stage 3 to stage 6.

20 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

recently im upgrading stage 10 true ivorymoon to legendary weap stage 3 during the trove event since spts and ms is cheap compared to non trove event time...because for the normal+poor player like me trove event its like upgrading weapon golden time...so i wont miss a chance to upgrade my weapon...and yes nobody will upgrade their weap if they know about this update...but what can u do about it? what done is done...and its my choice to upgrade the weapon not like im being forced to upgrade my weap during the trove event...

silly, people think having a max out seraph/baleful weapon gives you the golden ticket to enjoy the end game content.(fast runs for sure..that's about it, come to think of it.. i still join pug parties within 550+750 / if you dont get BT the only reason is your lazy period) i wish that was true..

you can not just lower the cost just because you want to or just because this is the "UPDATE" (new content), (and its not right to let players hoard and wait because they know that a huge price drop will happen on updates.. that's just crazy)  you have to consider the parties involved and the changes should be within acceptable standards.

Logically "if i'm going to sell you a insurance at this cost, im going to ensure you that the price in a few months will increase (normal market standards) if you dont take it now but the increase would be acceptable".

now.. i dont really see the changes in this April acceptable but a total rip off.. very simple explanation. 

the value you spent should not be thrown away outside the window (and were not talking about years here, this is just in a few months)  just because there's the update or new content or whatever it is.. 

Archived