4/12 Legendary Weapon Material Changes

Zuzu

30 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

Sorry, but i would like to see your face impression, if you instead had recently spend money or thousounds of gold gearing up and recognize 1 week later that you can achieve the same in next 2 weeks for literally nothing.

No sane person would have upgraded with trove event, if that change would be known ahead. Everyone would have sitting on their money/gold. So would I.

I'm asking support by now for a rollback of my gear. I can imagine the answer ...  

It happened to me half year ago, they nerfed my favorite class, reduce the upgrade cost to True Scorpio stage more than 4 times. Since that, I learnt my lesson well. After that i made 9 chars in same account so if they nerf one, i just switch to the others by transfering all my full set sparkling hepta gems <3

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It´s a nice change with the reduction cost for legendary weapons, BUT nearly a month after Trove, thats a kick in the face.

I spend money & gold in Trove to upgrade my legendary weapon and then i read that changes.

For me it is a scam, if you spend money on Trove.

These idea of changes are not made some days ago, no, these changes are made some months ago.

For Ncsoft it's a nice move (get money from people, that wanna upgrade), but a kick in the face / scam for people who spend money on it.

I hope everything is an April fools joke and they accidently pre-maturely posted it. 

For people that use the argument that it's your own choice to upgrade, you understand what you are saying? It's obvious that not upgrading becomes more rewarding than upgrading. If I knew the reduction was this significant I wouldn't bother to upgrade at all, even TW or KR doesn't have this outrageous cost reduction. The money I could have saved and I would have been stage 10 after patch at least even material for spare for stage 11 and 12. 

6 minutes ago, Xiaox said:

It´s a nice change with the reduction cost for legendary weapons, BUT nearly a month after Trove, thats a kick in the face.

I spend money & gold in Trove to upgrade my legendary weapon and then i read that changes.

For me it is a scam, if you spend money on Trove.

These idea of changes are not made some days ago, no, these changes are made some months ago.

For Ncsoft it's a nice move (get money from people, that wanna upgrade), but a kick in the face / scam for people who spend money on it.

So in your opinion, when is the right moment to introduce cost reduction patch? They had done it so many times and this scenario is always the same in which new players will be blessed like finding a holy grail while veteran players will mumble some kind of curse spell. In the end, you will quit the game like you did in previous MMO games so what is the big deal?

20 minutes ago, Cryon said:

I hope everything is an April fools joke and they accidently pre-maturely posted it. 

For people that use the argument that it's your own choice to upgrade, you understand what you are saying? It's obvious that not upgrading becomes more rewarding than upgrading. If I knew the reduction was this significant I wouldn't bother to upgrade at all, even TW or KR doesn't have this outrageous cost reduction. The money I could have saved and I would have been stage 10 after patch at least even material for spare for stage 11 and 12. 

You are talking like you can predict the future, please be realistic and face it. Dont act like "Dang if i knew facebook stock price will rocket high after its significant tumble i should have lamborghini by now". As a senior stock and foreign currency trader here, I have to deal with every rumour going around the market to predict the price will go up or down then make a decision. If I make a mistake in buying or selling at the wrong moment, you think i can get my money back?

Before this news pop out, i already know the info from Taiwan recent patch and I'm very gentle to warn players in my server. But most of them ignore me and said "Dont listen to this liar, he just want to make SPTS price drop. Block him and report as spammer" And now most of them QQing while l'm just glad that my clan listen to me.

8 minutes ago, Divine Retribution said:

So in your opinion, when is the right moment to introduce cost reduction patch? They had done it so many times and this scenario is always the same in which new players will be blessed like finding a holy grail while veteran players will mumble some kind of curse spell. In the end, you will quit the game like you did in previous MMO games so what is the big deal?

The right time to announce such things?
I would say, before Trove (or any "pay" events like Trove).
Not after nearly a month.

Perfect sweet point would be (for me ofc), 3 or 4 month's after such Events.

This is my first "F2P" MMO, before that i played P2P MMO's and B2P MMO's.
By the other MMO's i didn't feel cheated / scam'd or name it like you want.
If there was a change about costs reduction for equipment XYZ, i didn't care about it, why? Because i didn't spend money on it to get materials for the upgrades.

3 minutes ago, Divine Retribution said:

So in your opinion, when is the right moment to introduce cost reduction patch?

Maybe right before a trove and not directly after it. Money has a value and noone likes to see his/her hard earned bucks devalued by such a move. 

Fair customer treatment looks different.

38 minutes ago, Divine Retribution said:

You are talking like you can predict the future, please be realistic and face it. Dont act like "Dang if i knew facebook stock price will rocket high after its significant tumble i should have lamborghini by now". As a senior stock and foreign currency trader here, I have to deal with every rumour going around the market to predict the price will go up or down then make a decision. If I make a mistake in buying or selling at the wrong moment, you think i can get my money back?

Before this news pop out, i already know the info from Taiwan recent patch and I'm very gentle to warn players in my server. But most of them ignore me and said "Dont listen to this liar, he just want to make SPTS price drop. Block him and report as spammer" And now most of them QQing while l'm just glad that my clan listen to me.

Are we really going that far trying to compare reality again? I hope you are aware that stocks can go either up or down. You don't need a magic 8-ball to foretell upgrade cost can only go one direction and that's down. You are the one talking like you can predict the future, TW reduction is not even close to what we are getting now. So stop with your "aha I was right" like any trader would say when they predicted right, sadly this one isn't even a prediction and I refer to initial sentence. Everyone knew there will be a reduction in upgrade cost, but this much? No way.

Fact is, this is reality. What might be a virtual game world to us is a business to others, and in the long run this will prove to be a benefit for NCSoft as well as a lot of players. 

54 minutes ago, Cryon said:

Are we really going that far trying to compare reality again? I hope you are aware that stocks can go either up or down. You don't need a magic 8-ball to foretell upgrade cost can only go one direction and that's down. You are the one talking like you can predict the future, TW reduction is not even close to what we are getting now. So stop with your "aha I was right" like any trader would say when they predicted right, sadly this one isn't even a prediction and I refer to initial sentence. Everyone knew there will be a reduction in upgrade cost, but this much? No way.

Let me get this straight, this is cost reduction not additional cost in upgrading, you should be happy instead of complaining. It's so weird when they make things easier but you wont appreciate it. Back in my day, stinger is 4g and we can survive with the humiliation of 16 silver now. You spend less than 200g to reach true ivory now while we spent over 5k to reach true scorpion stage long time ago. By listening to this story, you know what to do in future update right? You can rush your upgrade, but you have to calculate if you can make your money back from farming with it or not.

32 minutes ago, Divine Retribution said:

Let me get this straight, this is reduction cost not additional cost in upgrading, you should be happy instead of complaining. It's so weird when they make things easier but you didnt appreciate it. Back in my day, stinger is 4g and we can survive with the humiliation of 16 silver now. You waste less than 200g to reach true ivory now when we wasted over 5k to reach true scorpion stage long time ago. By listening to this story, you know what to do in future update right? You can rush your upgrade, but you have to calculate if you can make your money back from farming with it or not.

yes... i still remember those old days :3

when we complain about how absurd terror in ssp :v even so we did it anyway
stupid daily challange, the strugle to get credit from open world boss
with dungeon that barely give gold at all

and then now, moonstone 60silver, soulstone 6silver, stinger 15silver
waw~ :3

2 hours ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

Maybe right before a trove and not directly after it. Money has a value and noone likes to see his/her hard earned bucks devalued by such a move. 

Fair customer treatment looks different.

If they did that before trove people would spend less cash on it so obviously they don't do that. It's also not the first time this happened so one could have seen this coming.

47 minutes ago, Divine Retribution said:

Let me get this straight, this is cost reduction not additional cost in upgrading, you should be happy instead of complaining. It's so weird when they make things easier but you wont appreciate it. Back in my day, stinger is 4g and we can survive with the humiliation of 16 silver now. You spend less than 200g to reach true ivory now while we spent over 5k to reach true scorpion stage long time ago. By listening to this story, you know what to do in future update right? You can rush your upgrade, but you have to calculate if you can make your money back from farming with it or not.

Well...only the people who haven't gotten to legendary weapon would be happy about it. However, the people who got legendary weapon already (especially the ones who just got to stage 9/10 during trove event) would feel rip off. It is just like you are going to shop in a store and saw the 30% off sales on all items. Then, after you bought all the stuff you need and 1 week later, they put on 80% off sales on all items in the same store. Normally, in this situation, you would feel rip off and go to customer service counter to ask for refunds. That's why a lot of people who upgraded their legendary in past 2 weeks already sent ticket to ask for reverting their weapon back to true ivory weapon. Their timing for reduction cost is very bad. They should at least wait for a month or more before they do this.

Are those tears ? Get the Omen X ! Don't ragequit !

On a more serious note, they said new contents for exemple Mushin tower, HM13 is needed and probably more than 800AP to participate in new dungeons. Those changes are a must or you gonna farm all those new dungeons by yourself, more people with decent gear = less queue in cross server dungeon = more people available for end game content = more fun = Massive multiplayers Glory age... and who know we might see more activity in pvp open world and in 6vs6.

39 minutes ago, ombremq said:

Are those tears ? Get the Omen X ! Don't ragequit !

On a more serious note, they said new contents for exemple Mushin tower, HM13 is needed and probably more than 800AP to participate in new dungeons. Those changes are a must or you gonna farm all those new dungeons by yourself, more people with decent gear = less queue in cross server dungeon = more people available for end game content = more fun = Massive multiplayers Glory age... and who know we might see more activity in pvp open world and in 6vs6.

People real don't see main problem in this, I think is great that they reduce this and that but its all about time+money if you buy something with your hard worked money to find out next minute that some one gets it for free you will not be mad?

2 hours ago, Lirgeki said:

People real don't see main problem in this, I think is great that they reduce this and that but its all about time+money if you buy something with your hard worked money to find out next minute that some one gets it for free you will not be mad?

It seems like most people are mad that they put a reduction right after Trove which at first seems like a good reason to be mad but at the same time it's not.

Why should the whole lot that did upgrade and such be mad at a reduction? They are already ahead of the people who can't upgrade and get to enjoy doing any dungeon(depending on what they upgraded to) for a good 3~4 weeks. They also already got their upgrades for dirt cheap due to getting useful materials from Trove.

3 hours ago, Lirgeki said:

who said its free? LOL dude dont stuck up in the past...every f2p farming everyday for gold to upgrade their weapon...and as f2p here i dont mad at all with this change even tho i waste gold buying stps to upgrade my weapon...

I am completely on board with making these upgrades cheaper but this is WAY too much. Removing the prem trans stones from the first 7 stages even though they're going to make it easier to obtain really grinded my nerves. If they got rid of it for the first 3 stages I woulda been ok with that since it is a pretty big leap, but 7 is way over the top. If prem stones become cheaper and people need less of them the price is gonna tank and it really does leave a bad taste in my mouth for the time and money I invested into getting them. Once again, I'm not upset at them making the upgrades cheaper, I just think they went a little too far this time in one jump.

I would be damned if I say either way so bottomline is do NOT dare to enter the end game content until everything is synced or somewhere near the KR updates. You've been told multiple times not to rush but you still end up QQing here. Don't get me wrong here, you. I do understand releasing this after trove is extremely frustrating. And for those talking about being able to use the end-game content earlier than the others, SO WHAT? Does gaining more gold and equipment give you WAY more advantage than others? Like what? You can start AFK-ing and troll?

I would care less if these newer dungeons are available. We're still behind the updates. Just save and don't be tempted to upgrade. You'll end up heartbroken if you do so.

Another great spittle into players face! They fuc* with many players specifically with newbie. On other side it is best for top geared farming people.
So if until now there was any difference Between low and high ap it was ok because now it will be much worst. They want players just make it more and more impossible for low players to reach Even 800ap.
Is it easy idea really. Just let 900+ap farming soulstone plains for 15g in 5min and fuc* with others. Normal players must go dung or something like it and farm 2g for daily and 1silver per boss loot. RIP frozen stingers.
Best overall is PVE weapon need PVP items which you can farm only on ssp and PVP weapon need stingers only from dung....ooo do you see that brilliant idea how to expel low ap players and forbid new players?

So please stop lying about anything like purpose this patch to make weapon more available for low ap players. All normal person know you lying and try to banish existing low ap players.
This patch is made only for big ap players farm. They want give them more golds, because it is realy fun when 950ap kill 650 or 700ap player on one hit...Isn't?

Well but if you want reduce number of new players you can just lock creating account it will affect only new players and not event playing players.

impossible reach 800 ap? You probably need true ivorymoon weapon + pinnacle acc and hm 10 and you are already 800 ap after next patch. Just put all hm skill points for attack and you get 150+ ap. 

13 hours ago, Lirgeki said:

Mmmm T_T but real money x.x whyyyy Dx 

in a way, im lucky cus I cant spend real money. So its just time for me. 

It totally does suck that u bought a faster advancement and then find out a new easier method comes out. 

But real money q__q it hurts just thinking about it. Dont get caught in the spend/p2w bait n switch again :< not worth it. 

48 minutes ago, Mordlif said:

Another great spittle into players face! They fuc* with many players specifically with newbie. On other side it is best for top geared farming people.
So if until now there was any difference Between low and high ap it was ok because now it will be much worst. They want players just make it more and more impossible for low players to reach Even 800ap.
Is it easy idea really. Just let 900+ap farming soulstone plains for 15g in 5min and fuc* with others. Normal players must go dung or something like it and farm 2g for daily and 1silver per boss loot. RIP frozen stingers.
Best overall is PVE weapon need PVP items which you can farm only on ssp and PVP weapon need stingers only from dung....ooo do you see that brilliant idea how to expel low ap players and forbid new players?

So please stop lying about anything like purpose this patch to make weapon more available for low ap players. All normal person know you lying and try to banish existing low ap players.
This patch is made only for big ap players farm. They want give them more golds, because it is realy fun when 950ap kill 650 or 700ap player on one hit...Isn't?

Well but if you want reduce number of new players you can just lock creating account it will affect only new players and not event playing players.

What the heck are you babbling about, how is it spitting in new players face when they lower upgrade costs so much that they can get legendary weapon with barely any work?? Are you confusing newbie with trove hero or something?

Archived