Is it me or is the BT raid making people leave clans?

sexydadee

People are leaving clans because their members or leaders are not organizing a BT raid or their BT raid sucks.  Is a casual clan still relevant in these times? or are they doomed to have like 10-15 clans with 3-5 members in them.  Or do people have to realize that they dont need to be in a clan to join a static BT raid (whether a fun BT raid or a hardcore BT raid).

maybe it's a BT raid that doesnt mind dying alot, or progressing slowly.  They are satisfied with killing first Boss at least or 2nd boss at most. or finishing BT in maybe a year.  you know, just people hanging out in BT and doesnt mind being serious.  laughing about wiping because one guy forgot to CC or ran to the wrong add.

18 minutes ago, sexydadee said:

maybe it's a BT raid that doesnt mind dying alot, or progressing slowly.  They are satisfied with killing first Boss at least or 2nd boss at most. or finishing BT in maybe a year.  you know, just people hanging out in BT and doesnt mind being serious.  laughing about wiping because one guy forgot to CC or ran to the wrong add.

And where i should find this kind of raid group? I do like this more casual and no pressure approche and i want someday to do at least the first boss for the achievement.

why my clan is trying to make one.  its a 2x a week BT raid in EU starfall crater group.  saturdays and sundays.  comms is still required, just to hear people laughing at people for screwing up and wiping and making jokes about it. you dont need to be in clan to join it.  its hard to run currently cause i cant find casual people to run it and it currently doesnt have a raid leader.  im not the raid leader, and i wont be in the raid, just want my clan to have some fun BT raid so looking for people to join the raid.

anyway, for people who are interested, just pm me in forum and i will hook you up with someone in the clan.  if you have a clan who is also trying to do the same, let's talk.

So far only 1-2 from my clan left to another to do BT while we have good 7-10 members doing it on their own groups without intention to leave. It depends so much how the player is and for some it's just a way to sneak out into "bigger and better" clan where they have more people and more high geared people to do stuffs.

Indeed. Most of my old clan members left the clan already and the remaining players in the clan were the new recruits with 600AP or lower. Even the clan leader passed lead to his/her alt and joined other bigger clan to do BT raid. The clan is dead now that I haven't seen a message in clan chat for a week now. It is time for me to find a new clan too. It is sad, but it is the truth.

Yes, people can join static BT raid group without leaving their own clan. However, remember that each raid leader always give priority to his/her own clan members first. If you are an outsider (no matter how good you are with mechanics and dps), you are still an replacement/substitute only. You can only join the raid if there are any open free spots in the raid party.

Like I said in many other posts. You have to get into bigger clan for efficient BT raid party or to beg GMs for alternative ways to get raven gears or to nerf BT dungeon. 

Also, it takes a large amount of personal time to set up the raid party as well like recruiting all 23 players to get on the same time, assigning tasks to each players, balancing each sub parties in the alliance, etc. 

My old clan, had a sign up sheet, signed up 4 times, for a straight month, never got a spot, 1 raid group, more than 24 people in clan that was most likely able to do BT seeing that we were all 700+ 

A lot of clans are just statics or wont take other people cause they want their "friends" to gear up first above other clan-mates 

My clan is trying to be that way. Not a lot of us are geared, but we have plenty of casual members on at a time and are trying to get more involved in clan runs and bringing everyone along. 

Its been slowly recovering from its 'every clanmate for themselves' status and coming together, so casual bt may not be far away.

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Yes, people can join static BT raid group without leaving their own clan. However, remember that each raid leader always give priority to his/her own clan members first. If you are an outsider (no matter how good you are with mechanics and dps), you are still an replacement/substitute only. You can only join the raid if there are any open free spots in the raid party.

I kid you not when I say in EU group 2 there are multiple mixed alliances where the alliance have members from 2-5 different clans as not all clans have 24+ geared people. These alliances have usually fair leader who allows EVERYONE in the clan for fair bidding for their items.

the people who left to join a "bigger" clan to participate in BT will soon have a rude awakening that they cant even join a raid party because the "bigger" clan they joined already has a static 24man or they also too lazy to setup a proper raid party as what @Synchrite mentioned

16 hours ago, Synchrite said:

My old clan, had a sign up sheet, signed up 4 times, for a straight month, never got a spot, 1 raid group, more than 24 people in clan that was most likely able to do BT seeing that we were all 700+ 

A lot of clans are just statics or wont take other people cause they want their "friends" to gear up first above other clan-mates 

thats cute, where do i sign up i have 807ap and my guild reqs 850+, crit soul, 2 legendary acc

Of course lots of people want to be in successful raiding guilds. The difference is that before there wasn't any need for it since you could do most dungeons and stuff with pugs, but with raids that requires coordination it's definitely more beneficial to be in a guild who can reliably clear it.

I run my clan in a helpful. You need yeti or Asura let's go. we have 3 Summoners in the clan currently but I'm the only Main Summoner and I wiped us in EC a lot as I get the timing down for stealth. It's fun and we enjoy it. I'm hard on myself but not my clanmates anyone one of them will tell you I'm the first to dismiss a mistake they might make saying it just takes practice, but I cuss myself up and down when I screw up.

We look forward to one day doing BT but there is no rush and we will pace ourselves and have fun. We work on building each other up so that when that time comes we are a strong unit who can laugh at our mistakes and celebrate our successes after all the point of any game is to have fun while playing it

21 hours ago, sexydadee said:

the people who left to join a "bigger" clan to participate in BT will soon have a rude awakening that they cant even join a raid party because the "bigger" clan they joined already has a static 24man or they also too lazy to setup a proper raid party as what @Synchrite mentioned

Of course, the players, who left the clan, had talked to other clan leaders/players beforehand. If they couldn't join their BT raid party, why would they leave the clan in the first place?

I don't think raid leader will be lazy to setup a proper raid party every week unless the players who signed up for his/her raid 'ditched' him and were not shown up for his/her raid multiple times. 

Archived