Average Latency in Combat

GunnerOwen

Hello,

I come from Taiwan server as the lag there is intolerable: pinging to its server takes 231 ms at least. The ping for NA server is lot better, only 40 ms, though it is wired that the server is in Sweden. However, when come into any combat, as displayed nearby the frame rate at the top, it is around 110 ms, with 80 ms as the min and 180 ms as the max. Is it common to everyone in the forum? Or what is your lag in combat and the ISP? I'm using 12Mbps ATT's DSL network, expecting the graduation and moving to a studio with cable Internet... 

Ping shown ingame is the processed ping. 

If you ping the server via cmd.exe, it's lower, because it's only a small package which only needs minimal processing. If your client sends stuff to the server that is game related, the server that receives the packets has to process them. What did you do? What Skill did you use? Are you even allowed to use that skill? etc. I hope you get the picture.

19 minutes ago, SadFace said:

The game don't show your ping but the latency of skills you are using. So it is affected not only by your connection but also the speed with which the server will process and sync all of the data.

How can I improve this connection with the server? I'm playing in EU from northern Italy

15 minutes ago, Huesto said:

How can I improve this connection with the server? I'm playing in EU from northern Italy

idk
If your connection is unstable or slow - you can try to change you internet provider or to use VPN. Beside this there not much you can do. 
For a record - I usually have about 35-40 ms ping to german servers and my ingame latency is 90-140.

10 hours ago, amokk said:

Ping shown ingame is the processed ping. 

If you ping the server via cmd.exe, it's lower, because it's only a small package which only needs minimal processing. If your client sends stuff to the server that is game related, the server that receives the packets has to process them. What did you do? What Skill did you use? Are you even allowed to use that skill? etc. I hope you get the picture.

Good point. So do you think the lag values I provided in my original post are in the reasonable and acceptable range? Or what is the processed lag values are acceptable?

Archived