weird graphical glitch? Floating everyone!

Iksi

I am not sure if it has always been like this or if it is a new bug. Anyways, today i noticed ALL NPCs feet aren't touching the ground. They are all like 2-3 feet above the ground. I am also slightly floating. It is one of those things that you really wouldn't notice until you noticed it, then you can't unsee it! When I used to play this game a lot about a year ago, this wasn't happening. I tried to repair the game files, thought maybe it was a bad file or something, but all the files are fine. 

Anyone else notice this or have this glitch or has this always been like this and I didn't notice it before? Seems like poor coding if it has always been like this. Not to hard to make people touch the ground with collision.

Sidenote: I noticed some of the high heeled Skyrim mods did this exact same thing until you fiddled with the settings of the mods in question. Anyways, it wouldnt matter if it was like an occasional NPC or it randomly happened, but it is EVERYONE all the time, even my own character (though not as noticeable)

It's one of your settings that controls it for some reason.

I can't remember the exact setting but someone made a gif out of it before and it would change how high the NPCs floated whenever you change that setting.

Ok, this is weird, but i figured it out. Under Advanced graphics there is a setting called "Monster Effects Quality". Anything less than 5 on it makes people float. I put it on 5 and everyone drops down to the ground, put it below 5 and they float.

No idea why this setting does this. What an odd setting. That has to be a bug with that slider. There is no way that setting is supposed to do that.

Archived