Forums

Skybreak question, second stage

Valiant

I was wonder if my emberstomp or mighty cleave could bring me down into soul space.

Like I notice if emberstomp or mighty cleave active on circle (The first boss circle before he jump) even if I didn't cc stun or touch the other boss or stay near the  boss in his circle I still marked.

Does the emberstomp and mighty cleave affect that ? or it just random that boss mark me though I didn't touch him

Are you standing up in front of him even though youre not damaging him? The boss marks the closest person to him other than than the tank and whoever is wanting to go into SS should be standing close and attacking him while everyone else holds off for like 3-4 seconds. If you mean the initial SS, then you shouldnt be attacking the boss at all in general unlike all 6 initial SS people are inside and the boss rotation begins.

1 hour ago, Meese said:

Are you standing up in front of him even though youre not damaging him? The boss marks the closest person to him other than than the tank and whoever is wanting to go into SS should be standing close and attacking him while everyone else holds off for like 3-4 seconds. If you mean the initial SS, then you shouldnt be attacking the boss at all in general unlike all 6 initial SS people are inside and the boss rotation begins.

that happen to me, See all I did was kd the other boss before he jump then I got marked from the other boss, Idk why though I was away, didn't attack or cc him at all

Always happen to me special in 3rd jump

everyone else was in his face and the FM was the closet to him beside the tanker, So why I who got marked?

And in some case I who do the double stun cc beside someone else, So the last cc was landed by me and then i pull by SS then I get marked so I didn't attack after the last cc which did stun him

The person who needs to go back into SS has to hit first on the boss that jumped onto your location (even before he grabs the tank from other location) and also that person has to stay close to the boss and hit high DPS as well. If the SS player want to be 100% sure to get into SS, he/she needs to do the stun first to ensure he/she gets the first hit. If he/she has long stun CD skill and has to let other players to do so, make sure he/she hit the boss first before any stuns applied to the boss.

Sometimes, if some random players got pulled into SS, it meant that they either stun the bosses too early or the SS player attacks the boss a bit late. Also, the person who do CC stun need to do the stun and back off as much as possible immediately (not wandering around the boss).

19 minutes ago, FrozenB said:

The person who needs to go back into SS has to hit first on the boss that jumped onto your location (even before he grabs the tank from other location) and also that person has to stay close to the boss and hit high DPS as well. If the SS player want to be 100% sure to get into SS, he/she needs to do the stun first to ensure he/she gets the first hit. If he/she has long stun CD skill and has to let other players to do so, make sure he/she hit the boss first before any stuns applied to the boss.

Sometimes, if some random players got pulled into SS, it meant that they either stun the bosses too early or the SS player attacks the boss a bit late. Also, the person who do CC stun need to do the stun and back off as much as possible immediately (not wandering around the boss).

This and also, I would like to add

After you stun everyone need to get OUT OF HIS SIGHT, the way you get pulled into ss

is by him looking at you, to insure you don't get pull into SS when you're not suppose to

just move out away from where he is looking

1 hour ago, FrozenB said:

Well did you watch the video ? explain what did happen then

I did nothing at all and still got marked

Now I going to get kicked from raid because 10 times I got in SS without any reason, me just stand and still get throw into SS

1 hour ago, AhComplicate said:

This and also, I would like to add

After you stun everyone need to get OUT OF HIS SIGHT, the way you get pulled into ss

is by him looking at you, to insure you don't get pull into SS when you're not suppose to

just move out away from where he is looking

That may also be the reason. However, for me, if I attack ASAP before any stun CC applied to the boss, I am 100% into SS. If not sure, you can also attack from the side where the boss won't be facing the dps group just to be sure. (let say if the tank stays at 12 position after getting pulled and the dps group at 6 position. You can attack from 3 or 9 position of the color circle. Make sure you stay very close to the boss (especially for range class if you need to get into SS).

34 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Well did you watch the video ? explain what did happen then

I did nothing at all and still got marked

Now I going to get kicked from raid because 10 times I got in SS without any reason, me just stand and still get throw into SS

That video was recorded by summoner and you are the destroyer. It is hard to see what you did from this video. 

Also, even though if you get pulled into SS by accident, you should know how to replace the position immediately. Just wait for 1 round of stun > KD CC in SS (the previous group ahead of you). Then, 2nd round of stun > KD CC is your turn and get out from SS and go back to your DPS position. It is easy to figure it out. Just read the guide online how to do SS. 

The wipe is usually caused by people who don't know every role for this boss. They freak out when they got into a position where they don't know what to do and make a big mess. It is just like in Foundry, when the marker accidentally lost the marking buff, the other players who got marked should be able to continue driving. Everyone should know the each roles. It is not like if you are DPS, you will just DPS forever for this boss. Sometimes I found that it is ridiculous that the marker was blamed by DPS players because of this issue. It is like "um..I am DPS, I don't fking need to know how to drive."

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

That may also be the reason. However, for me, if I attack ASAP before any stun CC applied to the boss, I am 100% into SS. If not sure, you can also attack from the side where the boss won't be facing the dps group just to be sure. (let say if the tank stays at 12 position after getting pulled and the dps group at 6 position. You can attack from 3 or 9 position of the color circle. Make sure you stay very close to the boss (especially for range class if you need to get into SS).

That video was recorded by summoner and you are the destroyer. It is hard to see what you did from this video. 

Also, even though if you get pulled into SS by accident, you should know how to replace the position immediately. Just wait for 1 round of stun > KD CC in SS (the previous group ahead of you). Then, 2nd round of stun > KD CC is your turn and get out from SS and go back to your DPS position. It is easy to figure it out. Just read the guide online how to do SS. 

The wipe is usually caused by people who don't know every role for this boss. They freak out when they got into a position where they don't know what to do and make a big mess. It is just like in Foundry, when the marker accidentally lost the marking buff, the other players who got marked should be able to continue driving. Everyone should know the each roles. It is not like if you are DPS, you will just DPS forever for this boss. Sometimes I found that it is ridiculous that the marker was blamed by DPS players because of this issue. It is like "um..I am DPS, I don't fking need to know how to drive."

Well the raid leader freak out when i enter, Because I'm destroyer and he don't want me inside because my low dps but otherwise I know how to do the mark part perfectly without any problem.

But I wonder why I did get mark when I didn't touch the boss at all, just notice my character the big Gon in red I did nothing neither cc or touch the boss still got marked , It is because the marker did pull the boss face toward us ?

It doesn't matter if your dps is low or not. You only enter SS by accident and you will just stay there for 2 rounds only. No big deal unless you keep getting into SS after you exited it. Then, it will cause DPS problem. I think raid leader freak out because he/she is scared that you don't have double stun or double kd to do enough 4X CC correctly inside SS. It is a wipe if the CCs are not done properly inside SS. 

To get marked, the SS player needs to hit the boss (stun or not doesn't matter) first with high dps and have to stay close to the boss. He/she should be at a position where no one beside or behind him/her. There is one possibility that you got sucked in without doing any attacks is that people at your location did more than 4 stuns on the boss. More than 4 stuns will take aggro away from SS player and put 1 of the players into SS (random players or players who did stuns? I am not sure..I think it is because the player who did extra stun also stand beside the dps group aka and just put whoever stand closest to the boss in the dps group into SS). Only the players who assigned CC need to do the stuns and not other people (unless the CC players died by accident, then you back up the stun).

As far I was doing SS on 2nd boss, I always was going in (highest DPS and closest to him). However in some runs I did into SS , while I was in Ice Tab (as FM). Not sure if boss looking for someone within X meters or just closest and highest DPS.

Did SM recall cat (E) if not that can be a case, same goes for WL thrall.  

Archived