Fire traps are worthless

Pkmdz

.....Just get rid of the stupid fire that comes out of nowhere by entrances during boss fights. There is nothing more annoying than trolls purposefully starting a fight when the party is near the entrance just to kill them. Or how about when you get knocked back into the fire by an enemy, Something like that rhino looking thing in Citadel for example. Devs could have just put a door a barrier up when a boss fight starts that stops anyone else from entering but nooooooo! We have to go with fking fire and fking laser shooting orbs. 

happen to me today some ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ start the bsh last boss on purpose when they seeing party members nearby and laughing at the pt members that die by the firewall...idk why they make the last boss moving around near the entrance since the last boss really damn close to the entrance when he walking...like seriously can u make boss not moving and stay a lil bit far from the entrace?

Was running through Blackram Supply on my warlock earlier today with some lower HMs and non HM players. As someone had died on the jump down to Tae Jaegum, I was hoping everyone would wait and some of us were still cleaning up loose mobs before the boss. Sure enough two of them started the boss fight and fire in the next room (not the hallway) one shot 2 of us. That was not fun. It also happened in Bloodshade at the Thrasher boss. I was up top and about to jump down when they started and poof, one shot dead.

In Awakened Necropolis, if you start the final fight, you simply can't port into the room where the boss is. At least you still get credit and you don't get one shot in the process if you happen to be a bit slow getting to the boss room. That has happened once on my BM and two of us got locked out in the process.

It seems some people do not have the patience to wait if you are bit slow or have issues along the way getting to the next boss fight. It all happens to all of us at one time or another. It can't hurt to wait a few minutes for the entire group to be there and ready to go.

Fires are a way of stopping people to rejoin the fight after it starts. Either a wall or a door, you will still be unable to join the fight. So instead of changing the game, be angry at those trolls that start the fight before everyone gets to the boss room.

Enjoy.

2 hours ago, Dragonais said:

Was running through Blackram Supply on my warlock earlier today with some lower HMs and non HM players. As someone had died on the jump down to Tae Jaegum, I was hoping everyone would wait and some of us were still cleaning up loose mobs before the boss. Sure enough two of them started the boss fight and fire in the next room (not the hallway) one shot 2 of us. That was not fun. It also happened in Bloodshade at the Thrasher boss. I was up top and about to jump down when they started and poof, one shot dead.

In Awakened Necropolis, if you start the final fight, you simply can't port into the room where the boss is. At least you still get credit and you don't get one shot in the process if you happen to be a bit slow getting to the boss room. That has happened once on my BM and two of us got locked out in the process.

It seems some people do not have the patience to wait if you are bit slow or have issues along the way getting to the next boss fight. It all happens to all of us at one time or another. It can't hurt to wait a few minutes for the entire group to be there and ready to go.

blackram supply chain and bloodshade harbor is full of troll..that why when doing dc in this 2 dungeon...im always stay in front just in case some retards will start the boss first...sometimes when someone start it i just let him/her dps it alone but kinda funny when failed to kill the boss they rage and leave pt lol...i really hope they removed the stupid firewall...

This happened to me 4 times now, in ebondrake by the first boss XD

he knocks me back when a daze is needed and apearly i am standing

in the way the fire is, so he knocks me directly into it, and people then

have a hard time cc's, usally end in a reset XD So anoying

+1

I guess it is more cost efficiency for NCSoft to make the Firewall and Orbs of Death appears at the same time of the boss fight, since they can be treated like some kind of add spawn, which I believe to be easier to be programmed instead of trying to create a player-blocking barrier from scratch.

Of course, this is kind of lazy of them. It is not like they don't know how to program a door, but I think it is often risk to be bugged (lv45 Oogong dungeon has SS-able door, first boss of Ebondrake Citadel can glitch through the door and become untargetable...)

1 hour ago, CrimsonChan said:

This happened to me 4 times now, in ebondrake by the first boss XD

he knocks me back when a daze is needed and apearly i am standing

in the way the fire is, so he knocks me directly into it, and people then

have a hard time cc's, usally end in a reset XD So anoying

+1

For this boss, always try to get him near the wall and face the wall:

1) If you get knockbacked and hit the wall, you will skip the knockdown state and quickly recover to CC him.

2) If he charges at tank who stand near a wall, his charge will be short-lived, and you would have a much better time to CC him than chasing him across of the room.

3) If your back is against a wall, then you have no risk getting knocked back to firewall.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I guess it is more cost efficiency for NCSoft to make the Firewall and Orbs of Death appears at the same time of the boss fight, since they can be treated like some kind of add spawn, which I believe to be easier to be programmed instead of trying to create a player-blocking barrier from scratch.

Of course, this is kind of lazy of them. It is not like they don't know how to program a door, but I think it is often risk to be bugged (lv45 Oogong dungeon has SS-able door, first boss of Ebondrake Citadel can glitch through the door and become untargetable...)

For this boss, always try to get him near the wall and face the wall:

1) If you get knockbacked and hit the wall, you will skip the knockdown state and quickly recover to CC him.

2) If he charges at tank who stand near a wall, his charge will be short-lived, and you would have a much better time to CC him than chasing him across of the room.

3) If your back is against a wall, then you have no risk getting knocked back to firewall.

Thanks for the info.

but its not always, that i look at my position, when im focusing mechs >_<

8 hours ago, NightFer said:

Fires are a way of stopping people to rejoin the fight after it starts. Either a wall or a door, you will still be unable to join the fight. So instead of changing the game, be angry at those trolls that start the fight before everyone gets to the boss room.

Enjoy.

OR they can be mad both at them and the developers putting in such a crappy method to begin with. Not about being locked out of the fight, it's about being killed simply because someone couldn't wait. 

5 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

OR they can be mad both at them and the developers putting in such a crappy method to begin with. Not about being locked out of the fight, it's about being killed simply because someone couldn't wait. 

Stop running with randoms and form your own group OR run with your clan, thats easier than changing the game. Its been like this forever and it wasnt changed. The game is in KR for over 5 years. Nothing changed. If Koreans doesnt bother with this, why the western community is against it? Spoiled much? I wonder.

26 minutes ago, NightFer said:

Stop running with randoms and form your own group OR run with your clan, thats easier than changing the game. Its been like this forever and it wasnt changed. The game is in KR for over 5 years. Nothing changed. If Koreans doesnt bother with this, why the western community is against it? Spoiled much? I wonder.

Of course that's easier then changing the game. But how exactly does that change the fact that it was a "eh" method to begin with? I don't expect it to change but your reasoning behind it's existence then saying the anger should be placed with those who do it instead of those who even put it in was all in all crap. There were better methods to block access to the boss then simply killing people because someone was impatient. Being irritated with the entire thing falls as much on the people who put in such lazy design as well as those who take advantage of it.

Also how exactly do you not know the folks in KR weren't against it at some point? Do you speak Korean? were you there for every step of the way observing complaints? Also last time I checked, the community in KR and NA are quite different. So I don't know, how could people from different parts of the globe have differences of opinion on said subject? hmm. But spoiled? hardly. I wasn't asking for change, I simply made a comment and am aware of a bad system. 

Only thing you should wonder is how you talk so much without much thought behind it. 

Archived