When i was WIN WW match i get DC and I lost 100 point ?????

AhmetCetin

It seems they once again increased the D/C penalty because someone exploited this to protect their ranking.

This is why I still use the 32 bit client, I cannot afford more than 1 D/C in a dozen matches or I will significantly lose rank. :(

I just dc from a 6v6 match and lost 113 Elo.

NC doesn't understand basic logic. The people who work there seem to have no basic knowledge on programming either. This issue is solved with few lines of code, which I have already suggested. The codes already exsist, but nope they increased the penalty on DC to screw the 'legit' players of the community more and keep rewarding the cheaterse in the community. It's a fact that Exploiters have been rewarded 3 times by now from 6v6 season rewards. (they were not removed)

[Content deleted - Amraith]

4 hours ago, Dlacik said:

If there is no penalty for DC it would be abused. There is no way for server to tell if your DC is legit or if you just unpluged your ethernet cabel/restarted wifi router.

You believe that because that's what you are told?

All errorcodes have a reason and their own unique number.

Example on errorcodes:

DC by server [100456.100]

DC by internet failure (if you unplug, or even force closed client) [100456.101]

DC by character login failure [100456.102]

DC by 3rd party tool detection [120456.150]

DC by client error [150456.250]

etc

Everything is logged. Because they don't show you doesn't mean it's not there. They know exactly what caused the DC, they know exactly when you DC. How they know it? Because it's all coded into GameGuard and their database logs. Same goes with Hacklogs, they know exactly what hack u used (it's ID per hack), they know exactly when you used it, how many times you used it.

Their solution is not working simply because people who DC themself don't care. For NC not to realize this from the start is the sign of their not so functioning team. Things might have looked great on paper for them to implant this, but in reality those who exploit never cared about screwing up the game experience. And NC is helping them to do so, especially letting exploiters get their reward at every end of the season.

The only solution which I have stated multiple times is to start using the codes that already exist and lock out people who fck up the pvp content further.

That means they should be banned and locked from any new season till they accepted the terms or participation in pvp in ''good faith'' as written on NC's official terms.

On 4/3/2017 at 7:22 PM, ZDestiny said:

You believe that because that's what you are told?

And you believe that it's always a connection failure that's why the player gets disconnected? Pls. I've had enough people who sounded ignorant but you cannot give the benefit of the doubt all the time. As you have said, NCSoft knows what happened based from the error code. But do they know what's beyond that? Of course not. Disabling your adapter on Windows is just few clicks away.

14 hours ago, xxxAoi said:

And you believe that it's always a connection failure that's why the player gets disconnected? Pls. I've had enough people who sounded ignorant but you cannot give the benefit of the doubt all the time. As you have said, NCSoft knows what happened based from the error code. But do they know what's beyond that? Of course not. Disabling your adapter on Windows is just few clicks away.

Not really and your point is? Non logical I guess, because you didn’t read it? In case people misunderstood. I never wrote anything about removing DC penality. Only made clear that it is not effective and there are better methods on dealing with the current issue.

Reason why NC’s increase in Elo penality on DC is useless, because the people who do it on purpose, do it to drop their rank to farm BP on low ranking. The ones who exploit Elo from dropping simply go ’’AFK method’’. So that group doesn’t even care to drop their Elo and the ones that do found a new loophole.

Where is the logic that the Elo penality has increased further than the first 2-3 multiplier? As for right now it’s up to 5-6 times more than usual I think. At least the usual drop I was aware of got up to 60 and not above it. Certainly not close to double what OP mentioned as well.

Nevertheless the effectiveness is still same, 0. Because like I mentioned, the ones who DC themselves on purpose never cared about it. So the ones that are left, the fair players who get penality that was applied to counter exploiters. The exploiters moved on to the ‘’AFK method’’, meanwhile fair players take the full blow instead, why does that seem broken?

It has nothing to do with giving people the benefit of the doubt, it has something to do with logically putting thought on it’s effectiveness. Primarily how the countermeasures work out on live server. Reality is what I described; it has no effect.

As for disabling the adapter on Windows, Error (3000.132.10.054) I am not sure if you are trying to be smart or simply didn’t read/understand, but I already mentioned it on the previous post. Appears you haven’t got a clue how GameGuard operates on client side or server side.

Go teach me something about computers and GameGuard, please. In case you need to know. I worked with INCA while working for a MMO hosting company, I have been at the other side and I know how it operate in both ways. So ye, teach me, it will be fun I think.

As for replying to you further on this subject. I'll simply ignore you, since you made your post without any knowledge.

50 minutes ago, ZDestiny said:

Not really and your point is? Non logical I guess, because you didn’t read it? In case people misunderstood. I never wrote anything about removing DC penality. Only made clear that it is not effective and there are better methods on dealing with the current issue.

Reason why NC’s increase in Elo penality on DC is useless, because the people who do it on purpose, do it to drop their rank to farm BP on low ranking. The ones who exploit Elo from dropping simply go ’’AFK method’’. So that group doesn’t even care to drop their Elo and the ones that do found a new loophole.

Where is the logic that the Elo penality has increased further than the first 2-3 multiplier? As for right now it’s up to 5-6 times more than usual I think. At least the usual drop I was aware of got up to 60 and not above it. Certainly not close to double what OP mentioned as well.

Nevertheless the effectiveness is still same, 0. Because like I mentioned, the ones who DC themselves on purpose never cared about it. So the ones that are left, the fair players who get penality that was applied to counter exploiters. The exploiters moved on to the ‘’AFK method’’, meanwhile fair players take the full blow instead, why does that seem broken?

It has nothing to do with giving people the benefit of the doubt, it has something to do with logically putting thought on it’s effectiveness. Primarily how the countermeasures work out on live server. Reality is what I described; it has no effect.

As for disabling the adapter on Windows, Error (3000.132.10.054) I am not sure if you are trying to be smart or simply didn’t read/understand, but I already mentioned it on the previous post. Appears you haven’t got a clue how GameGuard operates on client side or server side.

Go teach me something about computers and GameGuard, please. In case you need to know. I worked with INCA while working for a MMO hosting company, I have been at the other side and I know how it operate in both ways. So ye, teach me, it will be fun I think.

As for replying to you further on this subject. I'll simply ignore you, since you made your post without any knowledge.

Which server do you play? NA/EU? I only see people give up a match in the beginning when they see a huge unbalance between each team in a match due to raven gears. 

I don't see any reasons why people would drop their elo rank to farm BP from playing with low gear players. First, the end of season rewards have changed recently so that people can get free HM coins (Top 5 rank is alot of HM coins), instead of getting those garbage skins/flowers. Second, after their drop elo rank, can they guarantee to come back up in time before end of season? Remember that each time, the team match-up is random. Sometimes, they would get the afk or low AP players in their team as well. Remember that 1 OP person can't win the match. Lastly, the only reason for OP players to farm BP is moonstone, but since trove event, moonstone worths nearly nothing now (80s each?) Also, the quene time is alot longer now because majority of players without raven gears quit battleground already. 20-30 quene time outside of frenzy time. WIthin frenzy time, 5-12 minute quene time?

How can gameguard distinguish between sudden lost signal on modem and turning off the wifi/internet connection on your computer? Isn't it the same as internet failure code as you mentioned earlier? Also, since you are a professional programmer as you claimed to be, why don't you stabilize your connection between your computer to the game server to minimize the disconnection issue? (At least I never disconnect from the game since I have played this game for almost a year now.)

19 hours ago, FrozenB said:

Which server do you play? NA/EU? I only see people give up a match in the beginning when they see a huge unbalance between each team in a match due to raven gears. 

I don't see any reasons why people would drop their elo rank to farm BP from playing with low gear players. First, the end of season rewards have changed recently so that people can get free HM coins (Top 5 rank is alot of HM coins), instead of getting those garbage skins/flowers. Second, after their drop elo rank, can they guarantee to come back up in time before end of season? Remember that each time, the team match-up is random. Sometimes, they would get the afk or low AP players in their team as well. Remember that 1 OP person can't win the match. Lastly, the only reason for OP players to farm BP is moonstone, but since trove event, moonstone worths nearly nothing now (80s each?) Also, the quene time is alot longer now because majority of players without raven gears quit battleground already. 20-30 quene time outside of frenzy time. WIthin frenzy time, 5-12 minute quene time?

How can gameguard distinguish between sudden lost signal on modem and turning off the wifi/internet connection on your computer? Isn't it the same as internet failure code as you mentioned earlier? Also, since you are a professional programmer as you claimed to be, why don't you stabilize your connection between your computer to the game server to minimize the disconnection issue? (At least I never disconnect from the game since I have played this game for almost a year now.)

Which server? Is that even relevant? Im pretty sure it happens on both. And yet again blaming it on gear is a community issue. Gear helps but it's not everything if you know how to play 6v6. Most raven geared players certainly aren't that good at pvp.

Main char / Alt char. There are tons of people farming BP with the clan % boost on pvp. It's definitely worth a lot if you have a clan that is placed high. The only ranks that have most profit is top 5 and top 30 rewards I think. Anything that gives 1-2 blue venture tokens aren't even close to the value what people can farm (they literally spend hours on BG every week). You think the majority of those DC on purpose can get to top 5?  Of course not, that's why they have a better way to make profit ouf ot the flaws in the system.

Codes for unplug, adapter disable ( Error (3000.132.10.054) ) is the same, DC by the server (1000.132.100153) however is not. Which I even mentioned on my example post here.

As for fixing connection issue. Last time I checked I have no access to Level3's Datacenter. And NC replied that only a minority might have DC issues constantly at certain times, but since it's the minority it's not worth for them to invest time in it to solve it. It's a network problem from the datacenter's side (peak hour etc) which I or my ISP have no say in.

'(At least I never disconnect from the game since I have played this game for almost a year now.)'

I think you are more active on this forum than me, surely this ain't the first DC topic. So whether it doesn't happen to you or your friends or your neighbour etc. Doesn't mean this issue is non-existent .

• 2 weeks later...

While I still do not dare to use 64 bit client because I get about three D/C a day with it, I have also seen some positive results of the penalty by now:

People really try harder now. I actually saw a Raven HM 17 trying to carry a HM2 through a match, giving him advice, taking the brunt of the attacks and allocating the weaker players to guard whale statues. He was not very nice about it, swearing a lot, calling names too, but he managed to make it a 1770 to 1800 end result.

Never before have I seen one of the "whales" put in such an effort in a low level "tainted" group.

So I see the positive side too, it's just unfair that people with regular D/Cs cannot realy do PvP any more. So in addition to low ping, you also need a super stable connection now as well. :(

18 hours ago, Shuchin said:

it's just unfair that people with regular D/Cs cannot realy do PvP any more.

On the other side, ppl with unstable connection are gambling with other players rating, because even if their DC is unintentional they still leave 5ppl fighting vs 6 oponents making it harder to win.

while it is true that a D/C will make it very hard to win, in the current system it also storngly protects the rating of the remaining 5 people. I have had 5 vs 6 defeats were I literally lost only 1(!) point.

I suspect this is because the D/C person takes a 60 point share of the total penalty, and the net elo balance between winners and losers has to be 0 or something.

Anyway I am not going to stop my fun even if I cannot get high rankings any more, and keep my fingers crossed that my i-net will go back to the times when I literally never had D/Cs.

• 4 weeks later...

Something seems to have changed server side now. Yesterday I had some abyssmal lag in 6v6, so bad that I did not even get skill response time displayed any more, but the surprising thing was that I never disconnected. The game just kept me in, all player characters frozen statues until once every ten seconds or so things would move again (and I would be dead most times).

So might be they changed it so that as long as you try to play, even if the connection is horrible, it will keep you on and thus avoid a 60 point penalty.

Have others experienced that as well?

Such a change would go a long way in fairness. You actually even have a chance to make a come back this way, if the disturbance is really short. And it helps separate legit from exploit D/Cs a lot. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived