Forums

My thoughts on Trove and the Weapon System

This is my char:

http://bnscoffee.com/character/EU/CrimsonChan#

I been playing this game for 6-7 month, playing between 2-8hrs daily, i would not call myself a whale, 

but i spent 100-200euros towards premium(Cuz Wardrobe, outfits take alot of inventory space, when you collect >_<) 

and few items, and i got some expierce ingame, this is important, 

Cuz i spent a long time gathering matrials, i had to repeat dungeon many times over,

i confess it whas a drag, but it have proven it helped me alot to learn my class,

mechanics, and gaining ingame knowlegde, and i gained more knowlegde of my character/roles,

and learned of to control my skills and focus and learn how the mechanics worked.

but with all the new updates, its kinda ruining the game, now we have (Sry to say it) Beginners

at 600+, dont know mechanics, completly under geared, and they just didnt have enough gameplay, to be in those ranks.

its way to easy to get to the Pre-Legendary/Newer dungeons(With heavy Mechanics), the new players dont even know how to play their class fully yet

I feel like you trowing newer players out on Deep-water, and its kinda unfair, i have spent a half year grinding/farming evrig day, spent most of my time on this game, 

and im not even close to what you can get in trove, here pay some money and you can roll a dice, either you roll, "You Wasted Your Money" or you roll "You ultra lucky" 

or you roll (F2P) "You given bad loot, cuz you didnt pay" (Poitons and bad stuff, worth nothing).

For Dev Team

Spoiler

if you read this, please fix Pinnacle Earing and Ring its basicly trash, its like a Huge Downgrade to even use it, the neck and bracelet is good, >_< 

(Now people also start to search for dungeon party's with example this "650+ (No pinacle)")

What are you guys thoughts?

PS. Please be keep it civil, so they dont close the thread, i dont want any fights >_< thanks

- CrimsonChan

Edited by CrimsonChan
Spoiler added

I agree that the cheaper and easier costs make it harder for newer players as it is now ridiculously easy to gear. Though I have recently started to see "HM11+" in the recruiting messages as players cannot cheat Hongmoon levels. But this does not mean that only low levels or newcomers are the ones doing wrong. I have heard high level people being snobs over who does mechanics as they see being on top of DPS meter as priority over mechanics. These comments are nowadays common to me: "you focus on the mechanics as you do shit dps anyway". It is not just the new players who ignore the fact that in end game mechanics are super important.

8 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I agree that the cheaper and easier costs make it harder for newer players as it is now ridiculously easy to gear. Though I have recently started to see "HM11+" in the recruiting messages as players cannot cheat Hongmoon levels. But this does not mean that only low levels or newcomers are the ones doing wrong. I have heard high level people being snobs over who does mechanics as they see being on top of DPS meter as priority over mechanics. These comments are nowadays common to me: "you focus on the mechanics as you do shit dps anyway". It is not just the new players who ignore the fact that in end game mechanics are super important.

yea i agree, i cant do desolated, even through i know all the mechanics, cuz evrigone is recruiting 700+, i need seraph stage 4(3k gold+) and hm11(64m exp)+, i have to do it with friends >_<

My thoughts are your putting too much weight on trove and the system itself. While trove is a massive push if you're true hongmoon wallet and the system being streamlined overall makes things easier leading people who aren't ready into things. It does NOT erase the main issue. The human error. People refuse to look crap up and come in unprepared. The speed at which people acquire gear does not erase their unwillingness to lean more then "AP and DMG is all that matters". Tbh it doesn't take that long to learn a class to be usable. Nor does it take that long for people to learn mechs. People just don't and instead try to brute force their way through throwing caution to the wind OR expecting others to pick up the slack.

I don't think it's like throwing people in the deep end. It's more like dropping them off in an unknown part of the city but leaving them with a pocket of money, a phone with gps and internet but them choosing to just walk in the general direction they came from screaming "YOLO!"

Folks have the tools to get things done. They still choose not to use them. More time to be invested would help some but since you still have those who do it even after all this time. Will still happen~

Edited by ChubbyFatBoy
reasons~

I am free to play and my trove loot was freaking amazing :l I actually ended up with far better loot when I saved up and paid for my keys using gold over cash. It's crazy rng and has nothing to do with membership and payments to NC. 

15 hours ago, Pkmdz said:

I am free to play and my trove loot was freaking amazing :l I actually ended up with far better loot when I saved up and paid for my keys using gold over cash. It's crazy rng and has nothing to do with membership and payments to NC. 

Im actually wondering, how strong you are, since higher level means higher income, so are you interested in sharing how much income or chars you have?

and i guess you been UTRA lucky, i collected troves on 4 chars + 4 of my gf's(She wasent home) all the trove days, and we both got shit, my main had all slot unlocked and got 1 crit, with samurai, and the outfits that is not the rare once, which whas not white seductress or the "Dragon Ball" Outfit.