Forums

Make Raven Feathers Bound To Account.

Dominator

They would only need to clear it once, so the big guys that managed to clear it once can just whale it up with vihar resets (The dynamic did give raven featehrs, right?) and not bother with BT anymore. Actually, that does sound like something NC would do... oh well, don't care, not gonna get that achievement anytime soon!

31 minutes ago, Kazuomaruo said:

well making it account bound helps alot of people who cant clear or join skybreak spire..  its not like its easy to unlock those achievements without a team.. 

Huuh? I did BT solo on the first day :< I dont see your problem

7 hours ago, Zedonia said:

So that everyone can run DKV with several alts to get full BT ss after some weeks? No thank you.

I don't see the problem, every whale could get complete raven ss with last trove by just running bt once for the archievements so why not make it easier for f2p people? It's not like you get a ton of feathers from dkv even with multiple twinks it would take quite some time to get a full set.

I wonder when there will be a way to get  the full BT shield that's time efficient? As of now, you'll have to spam tons of BT  runs to get a full set, considering there's a 1/9 chance yours can drop. That would be over the course of 3+ months.

I don't know anyone who has the full BT shield without troving.

Hi, 

Was just wondering if anyone else would appreciate if the Raven Feathers were bound to account. I currently do KV Raid on 4 chars and I would love it if i could send the feathers i have on my alts to my main.. Just a thought.

[This post was merged into this thread from a seperate one by Mercatnip.]

3 hours ago, Zedonia said:

People who dont run BT shouldnt have any BT shields thats why they are BT shields and not DKV shields.

They aren't called trove shields either but look what happened.. people already got this ss without actually working for it. Dunno why anyone would be against it at this point unless they have the ss themselves already and don't want other players to catch up so they can feel special.

37 minutes ago, Cor said:

They aren't called trove shields either but look what happened.. people already got this ss without actually working for it. Dunno why anyone would be against it at this point unless they have the ss themselves already and don't want other players to catch up so they can feel special.

Putting feathers in trove was bullshit, definitely. For me such requests always sound like "I want the stuff from dungeon X but I don't wanna run that dungeons because I don't have time (or whatever)". That's why I'm against such things. We get new content and everything people do is complaining about it. Next will be Naryu Sanctum. People will say that they can't find a group who can clear it. Then they will say the bracelet don't drop. Complaints everywhere.

48 minutes ago, Zedonia said:

Putting feathers in trove was bullshit, definitely. For me such requests always sound like "I want the stuff from dungeon X but I don't wanna run that dungeons because I don't have time (or whatever)". That's why I'm against such things. We get new content and everything people do is complaining about it. Next will be Naryu Sanctum. People will say that they can't find a group who can clear it. Then they will say the bracelet don't drop. Complaints everywhere.

That's because NCWest way of handling certain issues has been going on this way since the start.

NC reached out and helped too many times. The community is aware of that and tries to benefit more from their 'unchanged policy'.

They (both nc + baby community) turned BnS into a laughable title.. at least compared to the Asian region.

it usually comes down to this even if the thoughts behind helping is a correct:

Give people a hand and they will eventually take your head instead. <-- happening for months if not close to the start of the game.

IF you don't do BT you still won't get BT soulshield, even if raven feather become account bound, since you need the achievement to buy them.  It's only to help the people catch up with the new badges coming.   

There's already very few people that run BT, in this day and age, needing 24 people for a single dungeon is just way too much.  The major mmorpg all understood that and either released content for a lower amount of players, or in some cases, made drastic changes (WoW is a good example, how they cut in half the amount of players needed for raids over the years) if they keep creating a major gap between raiders and non raiders, the game will slowly lose players, I've seen tons of mmorpg do that mistake, and I hope it doesn't happend to this beautiful game. 

And no, adding 2 extra stage to seraph/baleful isn't enough.  It's perfectly fine if raiders get stronger gear, but when the difference is too big, it will only hurt the game.

Would be nice. You cant really get the soulshields anyways without actually completing BT achievements which unless youre only aiming for a 3/5set, you'll need stage 3 as well in order to complete a full set. Aside from the fact that no one would be getting a full set through DKV anytime soon when looking at how many you get vs how many you need for 1 8set. Having these bonus feathers weekly just helps with things like getting enough feathers for accessory breakthroughs a little faster than normal.

For account-bound feather:

1) Whale don't care. Thanks to Trove, they have enough feathers to even get perfect roll and maximize their soul shields to teeth, along with their weapon and accessories, maybe even for several characters. If there is no trove, they just buy off Raven's Soul from F5 to transmute for feather. In short, this change doesn't affect them.

2) Raven feather is worthless for alts for average players if they stay bound. Only highly-geared players who can raid care about having feathers. Assume you want an alt to have a mystic badge but don't want to gear them up for Spire, then you will get the thing in 25-30 weeks.

3) Feathers can only gained weekly. Assume you have 9 characters with 500AP+, it would be 18 feathers per week. Assuming acount-bound, then for a badge, it would be 3 weeks, which is kind of reasonable enough. However, if your characters are not in a populated server, it is kinda hard to get raid for 2-3 characters, lest alone 9 characters, so your actually income per week is even less.

4) Spire raid has recently get nerfed for easier access. I believe that raven feathers will eventually be easier to access too, either through Raven feather being account bound, or cheaper supply of Raven's Soul for feather transmutation.

^ honestly it should, the more incentive ncsoft gives people to play alt, the more money they make via costumes and many other things, it's only a win-win situation for everyone, same for raven feathers.

^nope alt will have to buy soul and upgrade it same as others stuff so its will never be acc bound...heck if soul and pet is acc bound those whales not gonna spend money to upgrade their soul and pet for their alt...

Archived