PVP BDs vs BMs?

RanMaster

Don't waste tab escape immediately since they tend to chain-cc. Their block is frontal so q/e behind them and at least lower ranked bm won't react in time to stop a stun. If you grab them, ss to avoid their grab-escape-into-sword-aoe-on-your-face combo. Spec f into breaking and disabling parry and use their subsequeny a-frame to stun and instacombo with 2 or x. Spinning in their face tends to work wonders.

ok,  here a very easy tactic and 100 to 0 combo with the new skill changes for lbm. (can be used already with old skills, but need to specc all into lightning)

start off with ur guradian tempest and just iframe everything that way, that the bm or any other enemy throws at u, get close, grab, ss to iframe their version of flock of blades escape, if they didnt escape use soulstab and grab lmb first to force their hard escape latest then, make em waste their 2nd escape or get em down with daze,  if daze then storm cleave, anicancel, raid, anicancel, rmb stun, anicancel, if still alive, kd and lightning draw....boom dead...if somehow miraculously they survived, use spin plus maelstrom to then force fivepoint knock up into aircombo to either finish the enemy or give ur skills some time to go off cooldown.  
they use their hard during grab escape, get up with f, maelstrom, force raid stun, then the anicancel combo, if no hard escape, then use daze and start anicancel combo, but watch out for their hard escape and restart the anicancel combo right after they use it.

this way fm cant even up stacks of chill on u, summoner cant use cat, if u knock it back during grab with the charge skill disable, destroyers cant spin, u basically force ur combo down their throat with very little chance of retaliating, if u do everything correctly.

now say a guy plays it smart and tries to keep his tab for ur real anicancel combo, to escape stun , or u fight another bladedancer, also easy, just remember u need to get into draw stance to keep on stuning with rmb, so get em down with rmb grab ( bladestorm) which gives u draw stance, plus very nice dmg, then raid, they tab ur stun,follow it rmb stun, stormcleave, anicancel, kd, lightning draw and so on......same result. as this combo has several stuns in between and u still keep ur fivepoint and maelstrom shield off cd, it's easy to cover for any mistakes or escapes used at unexpected times. 

remember, only other blade dancers can really interupt this combo with their 2nd escape flock of blades, which has 1 min cd, so easy to restart that combo after 30 sec, when ur skills are all off cd again and they have only 1 grab escape.

also vs assasins, if u up guradian tempest at the beginning, no body switch possible, which makes it hard for the sin to even start their stealth wombo combo. 

but ultimately if u use guradian tempest at the beginnning or charge with sprint/ windwalking rmb stun into grab, depends on enemy and class ur facing...either way, goal is to get close fast without other person having any chance of interupting u or cc'ing u from grabbing em and make them wastel their hard escapes.

so grab is not for dmg, aircombo is not for dmg, both these r used for making them waste hard escapes and playing for time to get ur skills off cooldown.

But starting off Guardian Tempest, they could just easily bait 5 seconds out, wind striding around you while you're in battle stance. =/
These are good theories, but it really comes down to hard reads, which I find is where BD's are very outclassed.
They don't have as much utility and WAAY more vulnerabilites compared to other classes.

BD's pvp game is pretty sad, and very straight forward. If you can bait their tab, and somehow still have a chain stun to anicancel with, you might win.

For them, they pretty much just pick you apart, when you've used up your resources... And the sad thing is they can Force out your tab with chain ccs, and constant dps.
While, for us, we have to be in draw stance to even start a decent damage streak.

On 3/29/2017 at 2:02 AM, RanMaster said:

BD's are very outclassed.
They don't have as much utility and WAAY more vulnerabilites compared to other classes.

sorry... but you might be doing something wrong if you feel this way...

On 3/28/2017 at 4:30 PM, Mutumi said:

ok,  here a very easy tactic and 100 to 0 combo with the new skill changes for lbm. (can be used already with old skills, but need to specc all into lightning)

start off with ur guradian tempest and just iframe everything that way, that the bm or any other enemy throws at u, get close, grab, ss to iframe their version of flock of blades escape, if they didnt escape use soulstab and grab lmb first to force their hard escape latest then, make em waste their 2nd escape or get em down with daze,  if daze then storm cleave, anicancel, raid, anicancel, rmb stun, anicancel, if still alive, kd and lightning draw....boom dead...if somehow miraculously they survived, use spin plus maelstrom to then force fivepoint knock up into aircombo to either finish the enemy or give ur skills some time to go off cooldown.  
they use their hard during grab escape, get up with f, maelstrom, force raid stun, then the anicancel combo, if no hard escape, then use daze and start anicancel combo, but watch out for their hard escape and restart the anicancel combo right after they use it.

this way fm cant even up stacks of chill on u, summoner cant use cat, if u knock it back during grab with the charge skill disable, destroyers cant spin, u basically force ur combo down their throat with very little chance of retaliating, if u do everything correctly.

now say a guy plays it smart and tries to keep his tab for ur real anicancel combo, to escape stun , or u fight another bladedancer, also easy, just remember u need to get into draw stance to keep on stuning with rmb, so get em down with rmb grab ( bladestorm) which gives u draw stance, plus very nice dmg, then raid, they tab ur stun,follow it rmb stun, stormcleave, anicancel, kd, lightning draw and so on......same result. as this combo has several stuns in between and u still keep ur fivepoint and maelstrom shield off cd, it's easy to cover for any mistakes or escapes used at unexpected times. 

remember, only other blade dancers can really interupt this combo with their 2nd escape flock of blades, which has 1 min cd, so easy to restart that combo after 30 sec, when ur skills are all off cd again and they have only 1 grab escape.

also vs assasins, if u up guradian tempest at the beginning, no body switch possible, which makes it hard for the sin to even start their stealth wombo combo. 

but ultimately if u use guradian tempest at the beginnning or charge with sprint/ windwalking rmb stun into grab, depends on enemy and class ur facing...either way, goal is to get close fast without other person having any chance of interupting u or cc'ing u from grabbing em and make them wastel their hard escapes.

so grab is not for dmg, aircombo is not for dmg, both these r used for making them waste hard escapes and playing for time to get ur skills off cooldown.

Just a question. If your opponent knows how to escape your grab with pressing 2 while you do soul stab/daze/kd, what would you do?

For all high gold rank players, they don't tab escape from grab, they wait either you use soul stab/daze/kd or wait until grab almost done and then press 2 to CC you back instead. Grabbing in high gold rank pvp is dangerous.

14 hours ago, Mutumi said:

ofc u always need to adjust to the opponent and nobody said u should grab for full duration or spam skills during grab like a crazy man

ya, there was a time i was vsing a Destroyer. I grabbed him 4 times in a match. No matter I use soul stab, daze, or kd skill, he can always press 2 and CC me back. Of course, i tried to use them in different duration. Sometimes, I used right at the beginning. Sometimes, I used 1-2 seconds later. Sometimes, I use it near the end of grab. However, all still no use. I was like "Wow...how can he do it?" I felt like I was pvping against  a bot like in TOI (even bot in TOI can't escape and CC me like that).

The 2 soul stab situations that mostly work for me. 1 is when you need to do it instantly into the grab without giving the opponent time to think about it. Trying to have them not even expect the grab works too, like early into the air combo, before Ascend. The 2nd one is where a lot of BDs cheese backstep->drain(3), as it's kinda generic now made others used to it so people usually waste their grab counter(2) there. You can backstep and do fake drain(4) to trick them into using the grab counter and then proceed to soul stab->bladestorm

Getting soul stab off, is a luxury, if your match up is sole dependant on if you get soul stab off, you are screwed...

It is very easy to counter, and even so, mid gold players can easily absorb the overall DoT with iframes.

Archived