Twisted Grimhorn wilds

Criston

I want to know what group came up with the stupid idea to make a main quest area Impossible to solo.  I can honestly say up until now I enjoyed the game.  Now, I really hate even thinking about it.  I understand many players love to team up and run things, But, The Main Quest being this hard it completely stupid.

Understand, I have dealt with factions, PvP, spammers and even the wonderful changes that have made so many things I worked for worth nothing now...fine...but I am not one that just looks for a team to run a main quest line at all.  Main Story arcs should be something one can solo...maybe at a certain level, but that they can solo.  This area is not in any way like that.  Once I hit chapter six, it's like the Devs chose to run off players like me for good.

Fpr the record, this is dumber than Blizzard destroying all the skills on our toons.  Please consider a major overhaul of the area as I see no way for me to ever complete the story line now.  With that said, I hope you face something like this soon that will make you see why I am as upset as I am right now. 

What are you talking about? I've already did the twisted grimhorn wilds part of main story solo on three characters. Yeah the mobs there hit pretty hard and the poison is annoying, but it still can be done.

3 hours ago, Criston said:

With that said, I hope you face something like this soon that will make you see why I am as upset as I am right now. 

People will most likely empathize if it happens to themselves.  sad but true.

I expect you would have almost no support from anyone even in faction chat, so unfortunately you will have to fend for yourself

Regarding to Twisted Grimhorn. The place has already been nerfed, before that, mobs hit even harder.  For completing main story however i think i could provide suggestion. 

-Try face the mobs one by one. Do not ever try to tank them head on.  There is a "sweet spot" (i'll screenshot it later) located just ahead after twin blades.  where there only 2 mobs and 1 witch doctor. You can lure mob first  before killing with doctors. after done.. wait until mobs respawn.. kill them and wait for witch doctor to respawn and kill it.. Rinse and repeat.  It sure longer but it saves up stress.

-When your HP runs about 50% or less. Kill vipercap, it will remove your poison stacks and restore about 90% of your HP.  The sweet spot i wil show you also have vipercap nearby.

-Use your windwalking skill to the max so you can skip most of the mobs. and avoid aggroing Mighty warrior.

Hope this helps :3

Hmmm, if I remember correctly it's the one that ask you to kill the world boss of the area OR 3 mobs, right?

If you're melee, kill the Mighty Warriors. Watch their patterns and it should be a walk in the park.

If you're ranged, you could try the Witch Doctors, since they have slower attack speed and are a lot more predictable, but the adds at the start could be a problem. If too challenging, you could always fight Mighty Warriors in melee range.

This quest could be done with 300AP or less. But you really have to watch for patterns.

And yeah, Vipercaps restore about 80% of you HP instantly and cure all poisions.

Look at the market for HP potions (they are dirty cheap), food, charms (if you don't have any), cuz they make a diference.

• 4 months later...

Probably this discussion is already dead, but just wanted to add that I got the scrolls (or whatever needed) from Slicers and Dart-trowers, even though the quest said I could only get them from the boss, mighty warriors or witch doctors... (that made everything a lot easier and faster)

On 3/23/2017 at 9:53 PM, Principe Armel said:

Do you think Grimhorn is hard? I wan to see your face when you get to Khanda Vihar.
Something like this -> O)o(O

khanda vihar is ezpz for me, even with 655 ap summoner, i can do it and not die

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2017 at 1:53 PM, Principe Armel said:

Do you think Grimhorn is hard? I wan to see your face when you get to Khanda Vihar.
Something like this -> O)o(O

KV was a joke, no long effecting poison, no roaming mobs, no twists and turns and no stupid Directed path like TGWs.  KV was simple, fully open so you had room to adjust for an attack or avoid a mob and seldom was anything more than a little time consuming.  Sorry to be a let down as the only issue I had was that I wasn't well enough geared to get past the raid part of the quest line.  And here I was worrying about that zone for a while because you put in this little comment, five toons have walked right through it, from back when upgrades were a PITA to get up until just last week, where upgrades are basically given out like dumplings and health potions :P 

Archived