Ap brackets for 6 vs 6

DirectorTseng

Yeah yeah I know another post bitching about 6 vs 6, but this is something that needs to be worked on before it kills 6 vs 6 again. When it comes to matching there needs to be a cut off or a means of lumping the high AP characters together. With the introduction of raven the gap between the average player and the whales is extreme. And what makes it worse is it seems like all the high AP well geared players end up in a PT together and are almost always put up against a group of 600 AP casuals or new players. 

My suggestion would be to put a bracket in place, say 700 ap is the cut off. everyone 700 and under goes into one group and anyone above another. A few months ago this would have been a horrid idea because most were around 650 to 700 only. But with Spire people are shooting up and quickly past 800 with some already into the 1000 ap range, so there are more people to join up in those groups. 

Make the bracket and also prevent the use of inventory or simply lock the weapon portion in the battleground, that way people can't run with a low AP weapon and then switch once in side. 

it's getting worse and worse every match it seems. I'm getting into more and more parties where it's 1800/0 which means absolutely no reward for the 0 team

An AP limit or brackets would be interesting, since more people can reach this limit and would force some people to focus on other stats instead of AP.

But honestly, the main problem is there isn't enough people registering for 6v6. And it makes sense, because the rewards don't feel very rewarding.

Back September or so, they had an 6v6 event that gave rewards so great, everyone would register. In fact I would find 6v6 matches in sec/minutes even in the dead hours before reset. Also, most of the matches were balanced since everyone (noobs and whales alike) would be doing 6v6.

58 minutes ago, Azaazel said:

An AP limit or brackets would be interesting, since more people can reach this limit and would force some people to focus on other stats instead of AP.

But honestly, the main problem is there isn't enough people registering for 6v6. And it makes sense, because the rewards don't feel very rewarding.

Back September or so, they had an 6v6 event that gave rewards so great, everyone would register. In fact I would find 6v6 matches in sec/minutes even in the dead hours before reset. Also, most of the matches were balanced since everyone (noobs and whales alike) would be doing 6v6.

It's less that the rewards aren't rewarding since it's still the easiest method to gain moonstones outside the trove event. But with raven less and less low ranking players are queuing because there is zero point when one raven warlock can wipe out an entire PT (they can i've seen one do just that) I've personally almost got 3K crit def and over 100K hp but a stage 4 raven weapon WL 2 shot me. 

Just like with dungeons if you have certain gear it needs to kick you into a different bracket so you fight others like yourself. Cause this is something else I have seen.. a lot of those that have these high weapons don't want to fight in the gold ranks so they de-rank to farm easy wins. 

Something needs to be done before they kill it off again. 

Sure the moonstones are nice, but lets be honest, the daily / weekly rewards are crap. If we better rewards for daily/weekly quests, I'm sure the matchmaking will balance out. More people = better ranking distributions. After launch, we had a crap load of people doing arena (was one of the best ways to farm gold) and so the distribution was much better. Back then, gold medal was a joke because you just needed to spec for pvp and you'd reach gold after a few matches that's how many people were gold.

But yeah, I agree, something needs to be done. I mean there has to be something to lure in both f2p & p2p players.

35 minutes ago, Azaazel said:

Sure the moonstones are nice, but lets be honest, the daily / weekly rewards are crap. If we better rewards for daily/weekly quests, I'm sure the matchmaking will balance out. More people = better ranking distributions. After launch, we had a crap load of people doing arena (was one of the best ways to farm gold) and so the distribution was much better. Back then, gold medal was a joke because you just needed to spec for pvp and you'd reach gold after a few matches that's how many people were gold.

But yeah, I agree, something needs to be done. I mean there has to be something to lure in both f2p & p2p players.

The only reason I am still doing 6 vs 6 is it's the only means of getting the pirate clan uniform rec.. once I get that i'm done with 6 vs 6, i'm getting sick of stuck in the groups where everyone is 650 and they other side is 800+

You propose making AP brackets? What stops the whales to switch weapons and acc before entering the dungeon to lower his ap? You guys throw up ideas without even thinking about it.

The only option is in the peoples hands and they start playing 6v6.

4 hours ago, NightFer said:

You propose making AP brackets? What stops the whales to switch weapons and acc before entering the dungeon to lower his ap? You guys throw up ideas without even thinking about it.

Well the solution is easy, the last higher AP your char had is recorded and saved so even if you change weapon game will still recognize whales and if people still find a way to bypass it, then timeout few hours/days as punishment. You guys find problems without even know such solution are easly find by devs/yourself.

1 hour ago, ombremq said:

Well the solution is easy, the last higher AP your char had is recorded and saved so even if you change weapon game will still recognize whales and if people still find a way to bypass it, then timeout few hours/days as punishment. You guys find problems without even know such solution are easly find by devs/yourself.

My PvE gear (higher 800>) and PvP (lower <740) gear isn't the same.

So recording my last higher AP and apply punishment because I swap between pve and pvp would be hilarious.

if you mean last recorded as in entered 6v6, then it's possible to simple lock the person into that bracket. If that player que with crap equip on BG he should be locked to that group. Example: recorded and set into the 500-650 AP, equip main gear and rise to 850 AP, BG que locked)

@DirectorTseng

What should happen to the rank rewards? Since you didn't mention anything about it.

I know already if I que vs my own AP tier, I would end up with a win ratio that is very close to 100%.

I mean I don't mind playing at this tier at all if I can get free rewards for grabs.

@ all the people who talk about equalize 6v6

There is no balance even when equalized, in fact that it will give certain classes a bigger boost due to their natural skill set having a huge advantage at 6v6 already. With gear other classes can close the gap a bit more.

8 hours ago, NightFer said:

7 hours ago, Azumizan said:

AP brackets wont work out as above said, simply swap weapons, unequip accessories, get in BG, get mached with noobs, equip all the gear, proceed to farm noobs.

And it's obvious you read the title and not the rest of the post, considering I stated very clearly that in order to prevent that they disable the option to access the inventory or disable the ability to switch out your weapon / accessories once inside. So what ever you que up with is what you can use. 

As to rank reward, break it off into two different groups. reward grouping for the lower AP, and one for the higher. 

On ‎23‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:47 AM, Azumizan said:

AP brackets wont work out as above said, simply swap weapons, unequip accessories, get in BG, get mached with noobs, equip all the gear, proceed to farm noobs.

I made same suggestion months ago,even tweeted babbletron.

Ofc they dont want to fix it,i admit i dont have time to play anymore,so i dont know how bad it is.

Ap brackets work 100%,make it inside you cant change any type of gear,its simple.

Archived