Revato

Why just BnS?!? Why not any other game I play in EU gives me ping issues?

Revato   

Probably this topic will be ignored and evaded very nicely but still, here goes my final try to continue with this game.

I've been playing this game for a year/more from SEA and since then I was hoping by the end of 1 year all the optimization problems will be solved. I'm least concerned with the in game items, dungeons, weapon paths coz those are all irrelevant to me since I cant even get a stable connection with the server. Support failed me. (Dont get me wrong, they are actually nice and communicates pretty well). Now, many might say that since Im from SEA nothing can be done about my ping. And why dont I play an Asian server.

To answer the 2nd question, the major problem with Asian servers are language. Later comes ping which is strangely even more than west but reduces with ping boosters and its more than playable for me atleast.(If roaming around alone trying to find out an English speaker is what u call playing) Anyways its useless to play in asian servers since many English communities have shifted to west. And the translations are not covering up everything.

Now to tell you about the ping from SEA to EU(I play in EU btw) is pretty high compared to every other EU based online games I play/played. I m not taking any game names but generally I get 170-250 ms(approx) in the EU servers except in BNS. Here the ping ranges from 300-370ms avg. When the server population drops at the end of some OP event or new patch 250-300+ can be expected. But 300ms is like pretty standard, which is still fine with me if that remains stable. The ping is fluctuating ALL the time and most of the time my skills are not even being registered and my character is standing dumb. Not to mention during a release of new patch my ping ranges from 300-900+ occasionally for atleast a week or 2. I thot the 64bit client will solve something but nothing. I have done everything possible on my side trying out ping boosters, consulting ISPs and formatting and testing in a high config PC. Nothing worked and one day some players said that this has been the problem since the beginning and the developers stated it themselves about the server issues.

Now SEA servers with english patch is not gonna come out which was stated clearly by NC so, sorry if Im being too demanding, after investing so much time and money on this game but can I expect a clear answer about whether this server issue will be solved or not in the future? coz so far no technical improvements came other than the 64bit client which proved good to some and worst to more.(for me no change) With release of new patches my experience in game is deteriorating.

You know.. you were not alone. as im also a SEA player, from Indonesia and play with pretty much same reason as you.  and curiously..identical problem. Even with "ping reducer"

As the content demanding more DPS.. we are at severe disadvantage and there is nothing we can do for it. I am already barred from Black Tower and partially from Foundry.  Which breaks me. i am still playing and farmin stuff.. but well what i can guarantee from it is Not dying... a merit which unfortunately considered not favorable by some. (I was bit annoyed when someone asked "why you get Leg belt first before necklace ?" .... Why not.. the belt drop..i have enough gold so i bid for it.. what's wrong with that ._. )

NightFer   

You play from the other side of the globe and you expect to have 30-40 ping like all EU people who live near the server? You must be damn demanding.

First of all, you need a good ISP and routing if you want to have a descent ping. No, its not NCs fault, its your ISPs fault for NOT having proper routing to their servers (just for example, I live 3000+km away from the server and I have 35ping while some people living near the server have 100+ Its NCs fault again right?)

Second, you cant demand things from the company that are not their problem. Support cant help you with things that doesnt concern them.

Third, dont compare blade and soul with other MMOs doesnt matter where they are based on. BnS is more connection dependent than you think.

And lastly, if you dont like the ping, you are free to leave or go play somewhere else with better ping. Companies that pamper their clients like babies dont last long. Either the clients adjust to the requirements or they quit and find somewhere else to whine.

Revato   

@NightFer dude , did u even read the whole content i wrote? I clearly stated that its just BnS im having problem with. I play and have played many EU based online MMOs, MOBAs and all but none gave me any problems. Since u pissed me off Im gonna take a name and compare it with BnS. Guild Wars 2, yes its from NCsoft as well and it gives waaayyyyyy better "ping".(plz dont bring the obvious "BNS is more connection dependent" again. All I expect is a stable ping like 200-250. 300 is still ok during updates) In gw2 EU(also in other games) its 150-200ms and NA 250-350ms which very less compared to EU ping in BnS. NA in BnS is 400+ for me. And this discrimination is where Im bothered. Not just GW2, in none of the EU based games I get more than 300. 300 in EU is like the last thing "thunderstorm" "crisis core" "judgement-day" "days of the future past" "logan" ftw. I hope u got my point.

2 hours ago, NightFer said:

if you dont like the ping, you are free to leave or go play somewhere else with better ping. Companies that pamper their clients like babies dont last long. Either the clients adjust to the requirements or they quit and find somewhere else to whine.

I get it, u dont have any ping issues coz ur nearer to server compared to me and ur ISP is GOD which makes u more concerned with in game updates or may be u have no issues at all and u got ur dream MMO which is fine. I wud have been like that if I stayed in ur place but seriously, you dont need to finger at people to quit the game(although its true many people are quitting). With a mentality like you, we people with ping issues shud say the same about people having issues with in game updates including rng boxes, events, raids, weapon system etc, "Go find yourself another game where companies pamper ur demands".

Im just stating a problem just like all the other people here for the devs to take note. Its upto the devs and company to fix it or ignore it. You are a "NOBODY" to judge us and show ur hatred. If you wud have given any technical tips that wud have been much appreciable.

NightFer   

Listen here buddy. I am not trying to mock you or anything, you should have expected to have high ping no matter where you play in BnS because you live on the other side of the planet. What do you expect really? This is NOT a game issue where devs are responsible for. Its a mapping and routing issue that concerns your ISP and the in-EU connections. If you use WTFast and you get 300+ ping, that means you are not suited for BnS in your standarts. I play in KR also with 400+ ping without using any VPNs but you dont see me whining about that right? Its completely normal to have such high ping in servers that are established in countries on the other side of the program. Instead of whining about bad ping, find a way around it or just deal with it and play the game you claim to love. And yet again I will tell you this: DO NOT COMPARE BNS TO OTHER GAMES.

PS: I mentioned in my post earlier that I live far away from the server and I have really good ping towards it. No my ISP is not godlike, its actually shit in this country. Its the countries policy and ISPs fault for having bad connections to continental hubs like Frankfurt, London and some other citys across Europe. Since you dont live in Europe, you have no right to claim good connectivity because your continental hub and cross-continental connections are way too far away from Frankfurt. Also, if it says 300+ ping ingame, thats actually around 220-240 actual ping.

KzE   
11 hours ago, Revato said:

Probably this topic will be ignored and evaded very nicely

Why should a western (NA/EU) publisher care about SEA connectivity for a NA, EU based game? I dont think SEA publishers care about my 400-500ms ping when i try to play a SEA based game.

Apikku   
11 hours ago, Revato said:

Now SEA servers with english patch is not gonna come out which was stated clearly by NC

hey, are you referring to [TH]ailand or actual [SEA] server from nc? any link for confirmation too plz I've been digging up info about this stuff for days, thanks

3 hours ago, Apikku said:

hey, are you referring to [TH]ailand or actual [SEA] server from nc? any link for confirmation too plz I've been digging up info about this stuff for days, thanks

https://www.facebook.com/th.bns/

i guess Garena bought the licence to publish bns in thailand.

Creedixx   
9 hours ago, NightFer said:

Listen here buddy. I am not trying to mock you or anything, you should have expected to have high ping no matter where you play in BnS because you live on the other side of the planet. What do you expect really? This is NOT a game issue where devs are responsible for. Its a mapping and routing issue that concerns your ISP and the in-EU connections. If you use WTFast and you get 300+ ping, that means you are not suited for BnS in your standarts. I play in KR also with 400+ ping without using any VPNs but you dont see me whining about that right? Its completely normal to have such high ping in servers that are established in countries on the other side of the program. Instead of whining about bad ping, find a way around it or just deal with it and play the game you claim to love. And yet again I will tell you this: DO NOT COMPARE BNS TO OTHER GAMES.

PS: I mentioned in my post earlier that I live far away from the server and I have really good ping towards it. No my ISP is not godlike, its actually shit in this country. Its the countries policy and ISPs fault for having bad connections to continental hubs like Frankfurt, London and some other citys across Europe. Since you dont live in Europe, you have no right to claim good connectivity because your continental hub and cross-continental connections are way too far away from Frankfurt. Also, if it says 300+ ping ingame, thats actually around 220-240 actual ping.

Not correct i have gd isp  an connection an this game gives me 250ms when shoul give me 70ms with out using a secoundary programs an i already left this   bad optm game  , every other  game around west is  alot better optm than this , but some 1 like u who have no prob with game will nv understand  othe rppl so therefore u just bash on ppl who have probs  [content edited by Amraith].

3 hours ago, Creedixx said:

Not correct i have gd isp  an connection an this game gives me 250ms when shoul give me 70ms with out using a secoundary programs an i already left this   bad optm game  , every other  game around west is  alot better optm than this , but some 1 like u who have no prob with game will nv understand  othe rppl so therefore u just bash on ppl who have probs  [content edited by Amraith].

if the ping/delay is realy that bad, then why no1 of you can provide a proper screenshot about their routing? Maybe cause either they know about their routing, or they have 0 idea about networking.

Terminek   

I dont know where the servers are but i live in Poland i use wtfast. Game shows me 55-80ms and wtfast shows me 19-27ms max. No freeze etc. Somethimes i have small lagSpike when someones turning on second pc. Thats  all. And I dont have Perfect net. So i dont know why pple crying about nc servers. I play on Eu.

Edited by Terminek

Tsunakai   

just fyi, i've done both foundry and black tower up2 3rd boss(stepped out at that point by choice) with around 710ap, and didn't have issues, playing from Melbourne, Australia on an NA server with 250ping.

Expect +120 ms from BnS servers added to your real ping.

You can get difference between pinging BnS servers with a ping tool and comparing results with in game ping. 

For example, I ping BnS servers with 50 ms, but in game result is 170 ms: 50 ms (me) + 120 ms (BnS server) = 170 ms (total ping experience) with high variability (more than +/-80 ms)

Edited by Space Jesus

Alison   

Since 64bit-update the game is heaven.

No more lags, no more stuttering we all had.

Everything started with mushin update... left the game because it was unplayable and support said the issue is either my connection (packet loss) or my specs.

They've always said the problem is on my end. Now they finally did something. And it runs perfect. My problems, again? No.