New Player need tips

TaitoRu

Im a new player to the game and I decided to pick up the assassin. Its a fun class, but in terms of PvP I am getting demolished by a lot of things, I believe it is due to my inferior game knowledge and the losses are frustrating as well. Are there any tips you guys could give me that could help me improve as a sin in terms of PvP or are there any recent guides out there that you guys could share

Step 1: Learn what all other class' counter/resist/i-frames look like and don't attack into them.

Step 2: Don't commit to any barrage of attacks until you know their cc breaks are used up.

Step 3: Slam face on RMB and F while in stealth.

Step 4: ????

Step 5: Be ranked.

But seriously, just getting into stealth and then backing off your opponent until you see them spend all their aoes and focus into the air will be enough to hit gold. Recognizing what counters look like and not attacking into them is like 100% the most important thing. Since not only does it cancel your attack, but it generally results in the opponent gaining large amounts of focus back as well as either opening you up and/or giving them a powerful buff/minor heal. Just not letting them have that can 100% turn the game around for you, and it's important that you learn to abuse your own decoy to keep the pressure high. It's not completely unavoidable that you'll attack into a counter (without gimping yourself), but you can at least force your opponent to be more cautious about when they throw it up.

Beyond that any advice is going to need to be focused towards specific scenarios that you're asking about.

Archived