How am I gonna progress my gear now?

DoubleDees

I don't have a group for Skybreak Spire.

I enjoy being a solo player and forming a party on fly.

I can spend gold or even cash, but I don't like the idea of sucking up to a clique.

Some people have mentioned about buying a spot in a raid. That's so messed up, and I don't wanna be a part of it.

But if I don't do that, there's gonna be no competition for me against people with gear from the raid.

If I'm gonna have to wait months to get stuff from Skybreak Spire (when they nerf it or whatever), it's no fun at all being stomped in the meantime.

And it's probably gonna happen again when a new raid is released.

I think I'm screwed in both short term and long term.

There's no rush in progressing over to Raven/Black Tower Accessories.

None of our content requires you to have those gear as of right now.

If you don't have a group then use your time and effort to talk to different clans and see if you can join that said clan and be able to do Black Tower.

You can be a solo player all you want but you also have to get into the mindset of having to be with a clan to do 24man raids in the future. If not then you'll be hindering yourself unless you have a great deal of patience in forming your raids with pugs.

27 minutes ago, DoubleDees said:

I don't have a group for Skybreak Spire.

I enjoy being a solo player and forming a party on fly.

I can spend gold or even cash, but I don't like the idea of sucking up to a clique.

Some people have mentioned about buying a spot in a raid. That's so messed up, and I don't wanna be a part of it.

But if I don't do that, there's gonna be no competition for me against people with gear from the raid.

If I'm gonna have to wait months to get stuff from Skybreak Spire (when they nerf it or whatever), it's no fun at all being stomped in the meantime.

And it's probably gonna happen again when a new raid is released.

I think I'm screwed in both short term and long term.

So what is your suggestion?
Because you are not offering any solution either.
Just get rid of 24man? Put them in f8 so you can just lfp? Hand out the accesories and ss from BT to people that havent even run the place?
If you enjoy being a solo player then MMO for the most part are not gona be for you. Sure, some mmo include a lot of content you can solo, but some dont at all. BNS does offer a lot for solo players, but at the end of the day you are playing an mmo. You either join people and move foward together or you stay alone and lag behind, thats the point of mmos, playing with other ppl to achieve goals which would be extremly hard on your own or straight out impossible.
You dont need to "suck up to a clique" or buy yourself a spot, you need to join a clan that runs it if you want to run it, or just find a group that runs it, there are several groups that run with people that cant make it to their clan run either because of schedule or limited spots in the raid. 

I am in a clan. But there are hardly 24 people online at the same time. And very few of them are even geared enough to run the raid.

I avoid posting my suggested solution because it's probably not something that others can't think of and will probably incite offtrack discussion.

I'm just hoping that the devs will take note and do something to rectify the situation for solo players. 

26 minutes ago, DoubleDees said:

I am in a clan. But there are hardly 24 people online at the same time. And very few of them are even geared enough to run the raid.

I avoid posting my suggested solution because it's probably not something that others can't think of and will probably incite offtrack discussion.

I'm just hoping that the devs will take note and do something to rectify the situation for solo players. 

Look for another clan? Make friends outside the clan that run BT? 
Sorry to say but i dont think the game is gona change and aim to please solo players. It's just not that type of game. Specially late game content, so you can save yourself the trouble and just join a more active clan that can run the new content as soon as its released or accept that you are going to just lag behind. It's not only for 24 man, starting from tomb all dungeons only seem to be getting harder to pug, specially as soon as its released. An active clan with people that can play their toon, and that you can count on to run things with IS EXTREMLY HELPFUL. 

As a side not, you dont really need anything from BT atm, not content in game atm requires you to have raven weapon and bt ss, its more of a luxary than a necesity. Raid has been out for a month and a half. The avg player does not have raven weapon or even 3 set BT yet. So its not as big of an issue as you are making it sound. I've been running it since first week, i still have nothing from BT other than random SS im not even using just yet.

20 minutes ago, DoubleDees said:

Then it's time for you to find a new clan to actually do Black Tower with if you actually want to run it. Casual clans won't cut it if you want to do future raids unless you have very generous friends that will let you run with their clan without being in it.

If I remember correctly though it was mentioned that later down the road there will be an alternative but not much else was said about in on stream. I can look for the clip tomorrow if you're still interested.

40 minutes ago, Calcinha said:

impossible

They created one big wall for Skybreak Spire.

Just play another game and wait for future updates.

And this is the kind of attitude for most casuals. They see one piece of content come out that's not even needed but deem it impossible since they can't instantly do it.

I'm in a similar boat, after 12 years of being in big clans and dealing with the bull shit drama that always follows them I refuse to join them. Instead i run a tiny clan with several close friends from Lineage 2 that all came over. Only two of us have made it over 650 as we're the only two actives. Neither of us have dared even think about spire, no point .. Even though we're on second most populated server you NEVER see a random call out for spire.. ever. The only ones that run it are the big clans and neither of us have the gold to buy into a raid group. 

I do know from talk on TW they are nerfing spire.. making it easier. But until then there is a massive gap in pvp between those with raven weapons and those without. It's making 6 vs 6 almost impossible for lower geared. 

I would say right now wait, see if we get the same nerf TW is getting for spire. If not see if the mods are willing to do something about how spire is run. They can't expect it to be ran the same way KR, CN and TW players do. The player base here is far different and they need to adapt to it. 

At the moment I am in a raid group that has members from 4-5 different clans as not all clans can have full clan only raids. It's up to you or the clan leader to get you in to a party that is doing BT every week in certain times that suits the alliance.

The first thing that has to be changed is the loot distribution to make it pug-able.

Who the hell come up with that? Raid-leader gets all the gold bid and has to distrubute it afterwards? Just change it to same like in 4 or 6 mann soon, 'caue this is urgent to help ppl progress in this dungeon. 

Rest like players able to do mechanics will come over time even with pugs. 

Opinion from 4-man-static/clan. 

In general (emphasis on "general", of course not everyone is the same anywhere), Western people have much less team spirit. "Each man/women for himself/herself" fully applies, usually with very little care even for basic respect. Cultural differences cannot be changed easily; hence in my view, it's in the hands of the publisher to adapt certain things in a game to the specific target culture. BnS NA (not sure about EU) is not well suited to a 24 man raid like BT for many reasons stated above by others. I just give it time to be modified, it will be eventually. 

Why can't they make BT similar to MSP?

You can farm MSP daily and join/form PUG party anytime. It just take times to farm up the flowers or if you have good RNG to open legendary SS box from the chests. Also, there is no firewall once the party started the boss so that if you died by lag or whatever, you can still press 4 and run back to the turtle.

BT raid is only once per week. It is hard to join PUG party unless you are one of the classes who can give buff (BB or SB). If you are not one of these classes, then you are forced to join a big clan that can host BT raid run once a week. There is firewall once you started the boss so the dead people have to either press 1 or wait for other players to ress them. Also, if you are ever lucky to join a PUG party, when there is a player disconnected or crashed and he/she happens to be in the same clan as the leader, the leader and his clanmates will wait until he/she gets back on. If the player is outsider (not from his/her own clan), once he/she gets disconnected, he/she will get kicked instantly and replaced by someone else. Some of my old clanmates left the clan and joined big clan in the server so that they can run the BT raid per week. It is sad to see the clan I am in right now is dead just because of the BT dungeon.

The solution is generally, a couple months after the release of a raid, to offer alternative methods of obtaining the equipment.  These alternative methods usually require 3x as much time when compared to simply running through a raid.

MMOs usually allow bleeding edge players a small period of time to out-gear the casual players before they unlock a method of obtaining the same equipment that is more casual friendly.  Raiding will give you the equipment faster and cheaper if you can manage to coordinate with 23 other players, while casual play will eventually get you the gear.

At least that's how most other MMOs handle this type of inquiry.  We'll have to see how it plays out.

I really wish they would merge server groups again.  I am part of a smaller server.  It is  difficult to get enough people together to do dkv and msp.  Bt is very difficult to get a group together with. I am part of an active clan, but being a class that isn't needed very often in BT doesn't help.  I know of only 2 BT raids currently active. They are static and not taking other people. There was a 3rd group trying to form, but not enough geared people to do it. 

It sucks being on a smaller server.  I would love to switch, but that would mean spending a lot of money to move my characters.  Then I would have to leave friends and my guild, which we put a lot of effort into.

There has got to be some kind of alternative method to obtain items for people on smaller servers.  Why do the devs keep making 24 man raids and not allow them to be cross server.  It is like a punishment to those who can't afford to move servers or don't want to leave friends / guild.

Archived