The RNG in this game freakin sucks

Malitias

I've run the Forgotten Tomb 10 times and opened 20 Pinchy chests without getting my weapon. I've almost run out of keys now and if this continues like that I don't see how I'm supposed to play this game in the later stages.

This is extremely unrewarding, frustrating and makes thewhole experience feel like the game just doesn't want you to play it, because it's actively working against you in a way that you can't influence.

Edit: I don't understand why we can't simply use these essences to just buy the things straight away. This way we at least have a sense of progress and a gurantee our effort was not in vain.

9 minutes ago, Malitias said:

What jack? And what new weapon system?

The evolution streamlining, I mean I haven't run a new alt since they put this into motion but from my knowledge you shouldn't be haunting for weapon sacrifices and such until silver frost stages (until Ivory weapon) Should be getting everything you need from the questing. 

The story gives you weapons after you complete enough sections of the chapters in each region, I had zero issues with gear on my Sin and even got some unique weapon skins out of them. Only had to use regular keys for the Lycan weapon since I was saving my Brilliant keye for Profane weapon.

I'm a new player, but I didn't get an upgrade in ages and I'm already way over the lvl of the dungeon that I'm not allowed to enter because my equipment is bad, which is why it seemed logical to me that I need to farm better equipment in order to do that dungeon.

That design doesn't make any sense whatsoever then.

So the problem I have now can simply be avoided by just continuing to do the quests.. and later on it's exactly like what I experienced? Farming monsters and dungeons for chests that have a very slim chance of actually dropping your item?

By the time you reach level 45-ish you get the Ivorymoon weapon that you can upgrade until True Ivorymoon. You can, of course, continue upgrading to turn it to a legendary weapon but yes, this will require you to farm for the weapons but this is easy since you get to see more players farming at F8 while getting more rewards than the blue, low-level dungeons.

That means someone who is just lucky can potentially progress 9 times as fast as someone who is "medium-lucky"? Really? xD That's how it stays? Ok, I'm done with this game then. It probably has the best combat of any MMORPG out there, but this is just dumb shit.

Ok, so I just did the math. There's actually a 12.15766% chance that you will need 20 chests before getting your desired weapon (I've done more by now). That means like every 8th player is going to experience this kind of bad luck with one of their upgrades. There's of course more than one chance for that to happen. I don't know exactly how many weapons you will need lategame, but let's assume there's 10 weapons that you will need to gather lategame. We're reaching more than 100% average here.

And the only possible way to avoid bad luck? Pay money! Hurray!

[Image removed for language]

it gets worse once you finally get your legendary weapon (seraph/baleful) xD

prem stone for each stage + some other mats and after if I'm not wrong stage 6 you need an even more expensive mat to progress your wep ^_^

I only recently diged really into it to see what I will need to be farming soon coz I'm getting really close to getting seraph/baleful lol

I'm not sure if I should b really excited and happy to finally get a legend wep for my toon (will b my first legend wep for any of my toons o.O ) or to simply give up right away coz it seems impossible to progress further less I'll rob a bank/become a whale like some players on bns :D

+idk even how/where to farm some of these stuff XD 

not to mention... also it's rng to get the desired wep for MY class from each dng I will need to farm o.0

the best solution for at least that 1 is to get silverfrost keys... coz I doubt I'll get the weps I need on first chest I open :c

and you complaining bout forgotten tomb / pinchy weps lol when you not even 45+ (where you start progress your gear and not farm for randomly yet better gears than the ones you currently using lol) + not to mention the good old accessory progress is also somewhat better coz it's not THAT long as before since you don't start it from like lv16 or somethin but also 44~45+ ... 

lots of the gear~related stuff in this game is pure rng less you p2w and buys some of the mats/keys from cashop :c (or if you have or are lv50 and can farm some money... buy the keys you need)

+you can also buy pet pouches and sell the pets you getting if they purple :D (idk if you can sell them blue lame penguin/candycrash pets lol) I used to buy a stack of 10 of these pet pouches and sell the purple ones @ the market and transmute the blue ones xD was really good money back when I used to do that lol helped me progress 3 or 4 of my toons with the money made ! :D

~and back to the topic~ :

if you're doing pinchy/forgotten tomb I'd say you round lv for tomb of exile... go there and get your purple gears.... no matter how many runs you will do there each run gives you wep chest I think? it should b better wep than forgotten tomb/pinchy essence lol

I need to get my destroyer lvled to see how painful it is to lvup/gear up toons now with this stupid new system that you basically using sh*t gears till 44-45 -.-

guess I'll get to that eventually but got worse things to worry bout with my main... *_*

~just farm tomb of exile to get better geared... follow your story quest... it should give you some gears as well... idk what the rewards till the ivorymoon gears so can't tell really what/where you can get better ones if the ones story provides aren't enough :\

good luck! :3

Wait, I'm confused.

So you're a new player yet you're veering off the Storyline quests because? You shouldn't have to do any dungeons since the Storyline quests give you weapons and accessories now for you to just continue on with questing. You should also be doing the Blue quests to gain as much experience as possible so you don't fall behind the level requirement. So I'm not quite sure why you're even trying to farm for Pinchy's weapon or attempting to do Tomb of Exiles.

At least this is what I'm getting from what you're complaining about. This is to the OP btw.

11 hours ago, PKaBoo said:

it gets worse once you finally get your legendary weapon (seraph/baleful) xD

prem stone for each stage + some other mats and after if I'm not wrong stage 6 you need an even more expensive mat to progress your wep ^_^

I only recently diged really into it to see what I will need to be farming soon coz I'm getting really close to getting seraph/baleful lol

I'm not sure if I should b really excited and happy to finally get a legend wep for my toon (will b my first legend wep for any of my toons o.O ) or to simply give up right away coz it seems impossible to progress further less I'll rob a bank/become a whale like some players on bns :D

+idk even how/where to farm some of these stuff XD

not to mention... also it's rng to get the desired wep for MY class from each dng I will need to farm o.0

This is quite an impatient mindset you have, wonder how you got this far.

Of course if you look at it from the full view it looks impossible but that's why you make small goals. As you progress in gear it's only going to take more grind/time, giving up just because it seems impossible is pretty laughable when coming to an MMO unless you've been playing spoonfed ones.

And about getting your class specific weapon per stage, you'll get it in due time. Why stress over it when you don't even have the materials to upgrade to the next stage anyways? You don't need to mindlessly farm a certain dungeon or buy a Silverfrost key since from the sounds of it you're not going to get the materials for each stage in a heartbeat.

It's technically not all RNG to get your weapons needed for upgrading later on.  Once you hit 50, you'll access purple dungeons that actually give decent rewards.  So do a few dungeons to collect some weapon boxes while farming gold and mats.  Save up a good 50-100g (not saying this will happen instantly, but if you do simple dungeons and even some non-dungeon dailies, you can easily get 10g a day without much effort.)  Now you have enough money to buy a Briliiant Key from the marketplace.  Open all but one of your weapon boxes with regular keys to pray for RNG.  If you got it?  now you can save that gold for the next weapon box.  If you didn't get it?  Buy a key and repeat.

Yes, RNG sucks and yes, I've seen clannies stuck at Ivorymoon because they can't get Tormented Weapon, but when I told them to be patient and use the method above and have fun in the guild/discord, they eventually got their weapons.  And they use the same method and some of them even have Legendaries now. 

Like the poster above me said, just be patient with the game, and don't think you have to be max level with max gear in 2 weeks in order to enjoy the game.

And yes, you can get to Silverfrost with the stuff you get from story quests without having to run any dungeons (unless it's part of the story).

21 hours ago, Malitias said:

I've run the Forgotten Tomb 10 times and opened 20 Pinchy chests without getting my weapon. I've almost run out of keys now and if this continues like that I don't see how I'm supposed to play this game in the later stages.

This is extremely unrewarding, frustrating and makes thewhole experience feel like the game just doesn't want you to play it, because it's actively working against you in a way that you can't influence.

Edit: I don't understand why we can't simply use these essences to just buy the things straight away. This way we at least have a sense of progress and a gurantee our effort was not in vain.

you are not supposed to even waste your time in dungeons until you get to 50hm4 at least (the story quests alone get you there)

saw your post history, you say you started around march 9th, so you just level up with what the games gives you, no grinding.

i levled a new toon 3 weeks ago also. if you do want to level up read what the game tells you, dont use outdated guides floating around on the net.

levling 101:

1-32/33 level up using all the quests 

32/33-36/37 finish the cinderlands story questline ( is the yellow quest line only)

36/37-50hm4/5 level up using only the story (yellow) questline

btw, the game gives you some brilliant keys:

1 viridian (didnt used - no point in wasting time doing blackram narrows)

2 cinderlands keys (used ONE on golden deva, the waepon has  just absurd stats and will carry you to the point where you will get a weapon with more AP FROM THE STORY ALONE ( if i recall is the lycan weapon also given to you from the story quest)

1 moonwater key (used on profane jiangshi to get the weapon i wanted the skin and the stats also help a lot to do 42-44/45 aka until you enter silverfrost the essences are cheap those days and the weapons boxes seem to have a high chance to drop on the wheel)

so now i have 1 viridian key and one cinderlands key on the stash waiting for the game to have some good skins at low levels....

PS:

once again .... stop wasting time in dungeons until you are lv 50hm4

PS2:

>>The RNG in this game freakin sucks

YES it does but only after you are 50 HM4 until then there is no RNG whatsoever the you NEED to care about

PS3:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/evolution-streamlining/

19 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

Don't you love it that you're forced to skip dungeons and stick to story? They took the green dungeons out of cross-server, then made it so that the others can't be enjoyed unless you still grind. C'est la Blade & Soul. Just how the game is now.

/start sarcasm

THANK GOD.....

cause one of the things i miss is having to grind low level dungeons for days, praying to RNGesus or Lootcifer to get the gear so i could advance the story.... NOT

/end sarcasm

22 hours ago, Dotimus said:

/start sarcasm

THANK GOD.....

cause one of the things i miss is having to grind low level dungeons for days, praying to RNGesus or Lootcifer to get the gear so i could advance the story.... NOT

/end sarcasm

People who actually want to do them, however, can't. Going back to party play ToE at 50 is pointless in terms of challenge. Doing it, Narrows, etc., at level was fun. Oh well.

2 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

People who actually want to do them, however, can't. Going back to party play ToE at 50 is pointless in terms of challenge. Doing it, Narrows, etc., at level was fun. Oh well.

If you want a challenge....

you are free to do it without wasting anybody else time....

But again... the OP's problem was that he NEEDED  his ToE weapon to progress with the game which he DOES NOT...

Archived