So, can we expect a South America server or not?

raiklock

I quit the game 3 months ago because I'm tired of playing with 130~140ms and seeing players with 30ms hitting twice as fast than me.

I bought the Master Pack thinking that the ping wouldn't be a deciding factor between playing or not this game, but it becomes to a point where doesn't matter how good I am at my class I WILL be behind in DPS, I'm not ok with that, many are and have fun with 250ms but I believe most of high ping players really sighs when some ping 30 start dpsing at their side.

So I decided to stop playing because of that and came to the forums to see if there's some news about South America server, apparently not, not even a discussion about it.

So NCWest, you claim yourself WEST, so I guess you are the one I should contact for something like this, right? Can we expect a South America server?

If you want blade and soul server in South America, I think you should make post on the forums of the big game companies from South America. From what I know, NCwest concentrate their games at NA and EU only and not at other region. It is just like the china server, tw server, jp server of blade and soul are hosted by different gaming companies in Asia.

Also, 130-150ms is relatively okay ping to play. I have similar ping as well and I can do fine in the game. If you want really low ping like 30ms, either you use external software like to re-route your connection to their server OR move to dallas and live there.

2 hours ago, FrozenB said:

If you want blade and soul server in South America, I think you should make post on the forums of the big game companies from South America. From what I know, NCwest concentrate their games at NA and EU only and not at other region. It is just like the china server, tw server, jp server of blade and soul are hosted by different gaming companies in Asia.

Also, 130-150ms is relatively okay ping to play. I have similar ping as well and I can do fine in the game. If you want really low ping like 30ms, either you use external software like to re-route your connection to their server OR move to dallas and live there.

The underline part makes a lot of sense.

I'll be looking for that.

About the "okay ping to play" I can't agree with that, it's two different opinions. If I can't play a game at it's maximum, then I rather not play. I agree to play a game where i'm gated by my own skill and I bet many players left because they can't do well on pvp against low ping players.

I was using WTFast, so that was keeping my connection on a good route avoiding bad nodes, but my ping won't be lower it's physically impossible.

3 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

I highly doubt that, I think they even said it before that they wouldn't get better servers because they lacked resources($) so getting even more servers for the game would be out of the question.

I really doubt NCSoft lacks on resources.

It's more like they don't know the market, they don't research and don't care about South America or Australia.

ALL the top games has servers in South America, the gaming market is absurdly big.

8 minutes ago, raiklock said:

The underline part makes a lot of sense.

I'll be looking for that.

About the "okay ping to play" I can't agree with that, it's two different opinions. If I can't play a game at it's maximum, then I rather not play. I agree to play a game where i'm gated by my own skill and I bet many players left because they can't do well on pvp against low ping players.

I was using WTFast, so that was keeping my connection on a good route avoiding bad nodes, but my ping won't be lower it's physically impossible.

I really doubt NCSoft lacks on resources.

It's more like they don't know the market, they don't research and don't care about South America or Australia.

ALL the top games has servers in South America, the gaming market is absurdly big.

I didn't mean they lack resources in general, im sure they have enough money but as a business they only use BNS money for BNS things.

11 minutes ago, DeadlyCode said:

I didn't mean they lack resources in general, im sure they have enough money but as a business they only use BNS money for BNS things.

Agree with you.

Well, i'll come back if I can play this game with decent ping.

The same that happened to me... I played blade and soul in china japan russia and nowhere could I have a good ping in which I played more in japan I bought the master pack and everything thinking that in NA would be the ping much better but not in the end not... of course it is much better than in Japan but this game requires a very low ping to be able to play it in pvp and in pve at first you might not realize but later with the dungeons mechanics and pvp... is unplayable
The truth that it is a pity not to play this great game the best I played I thought I could play as much as Lineage II but only with 6 months was enough to realize the ping

Archived