Sign in to follow this  
Echolatia

They created a stupid gear wall

Recommended Posts

legendary stuff got cheaper 3? month ago and you guys want another reduction after 3! (three) month? oO

 

whats wrong with this NA/Eu community? this is a grind mmorpg if you dont like to grind go ahead and search for another mmorpg where you are spoon feeded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kisagii   

It's pretty stupid how they don't give the newer players free 30 jewels anymore from upgrading their accessories to true boss. Now it will take them longer than the people who've had the chance to do so and as well as more expensive. What I would like for them to equal is to release the upgradeable oblivion accessories and to when you salvage you get jewels from them. I'm pretty sure it's like that in other servers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ombremq   

legendary are cheap enough and to be honest legendary arent the problem, the gems are... you wont increase your AP significaly by just upgrading your weapon to a legendary to gain 8 AP, you need gems, i saw a lot of people with true ivory and 660AP++ i personally have one legendary because that cheap now and i am still stuck at 605AP because i was too lazy to participate at event to get the previous gems.

And how to get those AP gems, i have no ideas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dlacik   
1 hour ago, Kisagii said:

It's pretty stupid how they don't give the newer players free 30 jewels anymore from upgrading their accessories to true boss. Now it will take them longer than the people who've had the chance to do so and as well as more expensive. What I would like for them to equal is to release the upgradeable oblivion accessories and to when you salvage you get jewels from them. I'm pretty sure it's like that in other servers. 

Is that supposed to be sarcasm?
In case it isn't:

You can buy 30 legendary jewels in dragon express for 600 golds. Try to calculate how much would you actualy pay if you upgraded accs from hongmoon to true boss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
26 minutes ago, Dlacik said:

You can buy 30 legendary jewels in dragon express for 600 golds. Try to calculate how much would you actualy pay if you upgraded accs from hongmoon to true boss.

Exactly. People with the old accs spent much more than 600 gold to upgrade them. Keep in mind that stingers where 3g long time ago and moonstones 5g. Now calculate what a single upgrade costs. The 600g saved from the 30 jewels made up for not even 2 upgrades. New players use the free accs and save thousands of gold this way compared to the longer playing people. Sure, with more expensive mats you could make more money but honestly: People who had to upgrade stuff havent sold any mats (at least I never sold stingers or moonstones because I needed them) so it was just more expansive to upgrade. Now you can run the dungeons to make money. This money havent changed (or became more for some dungeons) so you will have the same income but less costs. No more cost reductions are needed.

41 minutes ago, ombremq said:

legendary are cheap enough and to be honest legendary arent the problem, the gems are... you wont increase your AP significaly by just upgrading your weapon to a legendary to gain 8 AP, you need gems, i saw a lot of people with true ivory and 660AP++ i personally have one legendary because that cheap now and i am still stuck at 605AP because i was too lazy to participate at event to get the previous gems.

And how to get those AP gems, i have no ideas...

AP gems arent that important. Of course they sum up but the most AP come from your weapon/accs. An 35 AP gem is not hard to get for anyone and the rest are most likely not much AP unless you cash much. The small AP gems give you 3-5 AP each. That's maybe 20 AP together. And even if you can upgrade every gem once it's not much more. With an 35 AP gem you can reach 750+ Ap without any problems so having around 600 AP because of no gems is just an excuse for being incredible lazy or playing very rarely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kisagii said:

It's pretty stupid how they don't give the newer players free 30 jewels anymore from upgrading their accessories to true boss. Now it will take them longer than the people who've had the chance to do so and as well as more expensive.

Difference here is that you don't need to spend money on upgrades anymore which all can go to getting the jewels. People don't seem to realize this because you upgraded the accessories bit by bit but the jewels you want to buy in one go. If people did that with the accessories in old times it would have been either nearly the same price or even a bit higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brincas   

The problem arent the prices. it is the AP get with True Ivory and pre Legendary, that is less than the one from old accounts, that makes people a joke with dps or been "kick" from dungeons for the lack of AP, in dungeons that drop the "legendary stuff"

 

when the weapon upgrade path was changed similar status was given when Hogmoon accessories path was removed no similar accessories with the status from the old pre legendary was added to game, thats what people with the old accessories dont see or dont want to realize because they already have it and dont care (as well as ncsoft) about what they did to new players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ombremq   

yeah Lunakitty is right and few months ago stingers price were 3GOLDS.....EACH, and to upgrade to legendary weap we needed 3 transformation stones, that wasnt a gear wall, the eiffel tower itself was blocking you from evolving your gear. i still maintain gems are hard to get we should focus to find solution to let people have acces to better gems and why not make  jewel craft guild blablabla great again. Also if they make legendary even cheaper than it is now..brruhh feel bad for all those wallet and hardcore farmer who farmed months to upgrade while we can upgrade it for 10X cheaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what to say. To me, the current weapon progress change is already a huge help.

If these new players who are complaining about it being expensive, they have not seen how horrible it was last year. Stingers were 3g, moonstone was 5g, naryu tablet and honorary ornaments were practically extremely rare -- and mind you, we had to do the original mats requirement for these progression. They weren't even get lowered yet. I had to grinds for weeks to go from awaken oath to true oath, and that's just for the weapon. Oh don't get me started on when we needed to farm for moonwater stuffs in those blue dungeons just to progress our weapon/accessories... NCSoft got rid of that too.

 

They should try out the old weapon/accessories progression and its cost before complaining about today's cost/changes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Riss77   

I welcome the changes cause I like to play several toons and I was at a state where I was going to stop at only two toons because this game was so anti alts. The thing I see now is the high level dungeons become more and more ridiculous. You don't see 500 or 550 ap required anymore but more like 650 or 700 ap... Then with next changes 750-850 ap ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Riss77 said:

I welcome the changes cause I like to play several toons and I was at a state where I was going to stop at only two toons because this game was so anti alts. The thing I see now is the high level dungeons become more and more ridiculous. You don't see 500 or 550 ap required anymore but more like 650 or 700 ap... Then with next changes 750-850 ap ?

Agree with you on this one :) And I agree, it's ridiculous. I laughed at them all the time.

However, I combat this buy making my own room asking for 500 or 550 depends on which map that is. People will still join the run so no worry :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azaazel   

Yes, prices in the old days were crazy high. Yes, we got tons of price reductions.

 

But you have to remember, old players had time to gear up  while new players are one year behind. 

 

I've been playing since Jan 2016 and this year (Jan 2017), I created a new alt from scratch (switched regions for better ping). 

Took me 2 months of hard work (as an experienced player) to grind 650AP and will take me about 2-3 months to get 700AP. Also, you're usually unwanted and treated like crap in dungeon runs especially in the 400s range...

 

Total that's 4-5 months of grinding (new players may even take longer) just for 700+ AP which isn't even that great.

 

I know 650 AP is enough for most dungeon, but there shouldn't be a progression wall to keep newbies out...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   
21 hours ago, brincas said:

The problem arent the prices. it is the AP get with True Ivory and pre Legendary, that is less than the one from old accounts, that makes people a joke with dps or been "kick" from dungeons for the lack of AP, in dungeons that drop the "legendary stuff"

The problem is not that "AP from gear is low", and it isn't. The problem is that the playerbase cares way too much about AP and desires putting extremely overgeared requirements, when literally everything up until Skybreak Spire can be cleared with Pinnacle and True Ivorymoon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

The problem is not that "AP from gear is low", and it isn't. The problem is that the playerbase cares way too much about AP and desires putting extremely overgeared requirements, when literally everything up until Skybreak Spire can be cleared with Pinnacle and True Ivorymoon.

It was and will always be this way and it's digusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Meliran   
2 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

The problem is not that "AP from gear is low", and it isn't. The problem is that the playerbase cares way too much about AP and desires putting extremely overgeared requirements, when literally everything up until Skybreak Spire can be cleared with Pinnacle and True Ivorymoon.

Yes, everything can be, no doubt about it. But for the most part, if you have somebody coming in with Pinnacle and True Ivorymoon, there's a pretty good chance that they haven't been playing long - maybe a week or two. They likely don't know the mechanics, don't know their class, and don't know their rotations.

Granted, this is in general - there are likely plenty of exceptions, such as low AP people who've been that way for months, or high AP people who are whales. But you're more likely to find an experienced high AP player than you are an experienced low AP one.

 

It was good before this patch when it was a straight progression. When you were true scorpio, you were pretty much known to know your class and most dungeons, hence the 650+ requirements for some of the mid-tier dungeons (like Sogun and Masts). 640 meant you were getting a good idea, 630 meant you had some work to do, etc. But now... there's too many idiots running around at 630.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem that has been created is the lack of middle ground accessories. It is either you wear crap or you got the goods. It is a divide between wearing pinnacle or jump straight to legendary. WTF? That makes no sense.

I vehemently fail to understand why such a brilliant idea like the oblivion accessories after true boss was abandoned. It would have been the perfect bridge from purple accessories and legendary. The stats would enable 700 AP and good crit rate/crit damage without having to collect gems which is exclusive to events and trove events. Players would have a day to day stepping stone goal to work towards climbing those accessories.

 

For comparison, to put this travesty into scale think about when the devs got rid of the True pirate path, some people complained, but at the minimum it made some sense. It was to divert people away from dead content so they can focus on Silverfrost, plus it was replaced with a viable alternative, the oathbreaker path, which had competitive stats. 

 

I fail to see why people support this idea at all. Do you guys love NCsoft so much they can do no wrong? I'm sure you're the same people who will find an excuse to support the idea if they removed the pinnacle necklace and bracelet (The only new accessories with redeemable qualities) for something even worse.

 

The only argument I'm hearing is, back in the day stingers used to be 3g and moonstones 5g. So what? I played back then too. Back then I had day to day progression. The standards of AP were different 550 AP was the equivalent of 750 AP today. I would take the 3g stingers any day than to have those hongmoon accessories robbed from me.

 

Quote me now if you have something to contest against my post. Please I'd love to hear it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shadovvv   
1 hour ago, DevilTDriver said:

The problem that has been created is the lack of middle ground accessories. It is either you wear crap or you got the goods. It is a divide between wearing pinnacle or jump straight to legendary. WTF? That makes no sense.

I vehemently fail to understand why such a brilliant idea like the oblivion accessories after true boss was abandoned. It would have been the perfect bridge from purple accessories and legendary. The stats would enable 700 AP and good crit rate/crit damage without having to collect gems which is exclusive to events and trove events. Players would have a day to day stepping stone goal to work towards climbing those accessories.

Because it's not necessary? You can literally clear all 6-man Heroic Dungeons with just True Ivorymoon and Pinnacle, including Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel, and Naryu Foundry.

 

What more do you want? A flat 200 AP buff for just being HM 10? Because they're actually doing that soon.

Edited by Shadovvv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Because it's not necessary? You can literally clear all 6-man Heroic Dungeons with just True Ivorymoon and Pinnacle, including Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citadel, and Naryu Foundry.

 

What more do you want? A flat 200 AP buff for just being HM 10? Because they're actually doing that soon.

Doesn't stop people from quitting the game because they got gimped compared to older players. If you want to be technical you can complete those dungeons with 500 AP but who's doing that? So with the 200 AP buff coming out, if I was a new player I'd just not play the game until the buff comes out. Great way to make the game less populated.

 

How about I make a poll, if players are happy with the crap gear out there then sure you're right. If players rather have the old gear which I bet is the majority, then the change is just dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dyeless   
On 3/15/2017 at 11:18 AM, RainbowDashie said:

legendary stuff got cheaper 3? month ago and you guys want another reduction after 3! (three) month? oO

 

whats wrong with this NA/Eu community? this is a grind mmorpg if you dont like to grind go ahead and search for another mmorpg where you are spoon feeded.

with current event it's not much grind anymore but wallet gaming. People quit because till legendary upgrades are fairly cheap and easy to get and then it's feels impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dyeless said:

with current event it's not much grind anymore but wallet gaming. People quit because till legendary upgrades are fairly cheap and easy to get and then it's feels impossible.

yeah its cheap till legendary and? Do you want a legendary which just cost 400g? 

 

 

You guys could start and say how you whish it would be, how expensive, how many mats, which mats, how to obtain. Maybe then we can start a serious discussion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dyeless said:

 Then we could discuss trove and how it's not a gameplay but simple money milking machine people use to advance quicker. What skill or experience is that?

and i thought this thread isnt about trove but about gear progress and the expensiv legendary weapon :O

if you wanna discuss trove search a thread about trove and discuss it there ;)

 

meanwhile i still ask you this simple question. 

 

Quote

You guys could start and say how you whish it would be, how expensive, how many mats, which mats, how to obtain. Maybe then we can start a serious discussion. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dyeless   
6 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

yeah its cheap till legendary and? Do you want a legendary which just cost 400g? 

 

 

You guys could start and say how you whish it would be, how expensive, how many mats, which mats, how to obtain. Maybe then we can start a serious discussion. 

It's not about that lol can't you really see?? Creating something linear is important to get used to consistent experience. Right now it's simple till you reach the wall. Compare it to ranking system - you don't jump from bronze to gold.. So please think before you assume everyone wants everything for free. Then we could discuss trove and how it's not a gameplay but simple money milking machine people use to advance quicker. What skill or experience is that?

Edited by Dyeless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malitias   

I fee like quitting because it seems this game doesn't reward skilled players, but those that have a huge pocket and way too much free time.

Edit: Which is a somewhat weird and rare combination, now that I think about it.

Edited by Malitias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if you notice those ~550 - 600 ap players at boss fight

They walk up to the boss and lmb the entire fight, so the chances of putting

ap requirement low and get most of those players are very common, you may

disagree, but until you actually see those players clearing mob/boss with just lmb

you'll understand why we "high ap player" require, high amount.

 

on top of all that, the more ap you have require, the better chance you get someone that does damage

Everyone know and have seen, if and only if, you run f8 every day doing daily challenge

most of those 800+ can barely hit above 20k dps

there is several factor to why they hit so low (ping, new to the class, don't give a fk (aka lazy, aka carry me please))

But, then again, if you must pick having someone around 550 or around 800, I "personally" rather pick the 800

there is a slight chance that the 800 does more damage then the 550

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this