They created a stupid gear wall

Echolatia

On 3/15/2017 at 10:58 AM, Echolatia said:

This is why people are quiting the game when get around 500-600 AP. That's really stupid!

Do you think the publisher care, if a f2p player quits?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AhComplicate said:

AI'm not sure if you notice those ~550 - 600 ap players at boss fight

They walk up to the boss and lmb the entire fight, so the chances of putting

ap requirement low and get most of those players are very common, you may

disagree, but until you actually see those players clearing mob/boss with just lmb

you'll understand why we "high ap player" require, high amount.

I think is the other way around, high AP ppl go lazy mode cuz they are "superpower" and wanna join more AP ppl so they can faceroll the boss and skyp mechanics... Low AP ppl put much more effort to do mechanics right because a wipe means do it all over again, so just admit, Overkill AP Party is for lazy ppl who don't want to do mechanics at all.

I am sick and tired of hearing "well back in our day stingers were 3g ea" and all that baloney. Sure they were, but lets stay in the present. This game is a year old now, ALOT has changed. What was good back then is considered trash and newbie now(500-600 AP). 

I have played 3 months, been very active but I am still 669 AP and most likely will be stuck at 669 for another 2 months. I have hit the gear wall for f2p player. And while I am more than fine with my progression, I can see why alot of people aren't.

There are two main reason for that. Generally humans like linear progression. You work hard but you see progress, even if it's just a tiny bit. That gives us sense of accomplishment and the strive to keep pushing forward and keep hitting those tiny goals we have set, even if we are taking just baby steps. But it keeps us motivated. I didn't play the game back in the "old days", but from what I have gathered, it was pretty slow but constant progression, yeah? Sounds great. However I have been 660'ish AP for 2 months now and will be for the next 2 months most likely. There is zero progression made and zero to be made for a very long time.

Another reason is the mental stress from the community. This mostly applies to those that are f2p. There is a feeling of being the underdog and being left behind. 600 AP is considered a joke now and if you're in that range, people don't take you seriously. So you feel like you HAVE TO progress, that you have to get that 750+ or else you'll just stay invisible to everyone. You see your friends and clannies going 650 to 750+ in 2 weeks because they can afford to put some money on the game. All of a sudden, your peers who used to be in your level range, decide to only party with people that are also 750+ and you are left alone. When raids and partys are being formed, people look for smooth and fast run, who do they turn to first? Defenetly not to those below 700 AP. And that feels very discouraging to many people.

You people have the wrong mindset. Stop getting carried and actually learn the freakin mechanics so you can do dungeons w/o people having 750+ AP.

I do Yeti, Lair, Necro, Asura, Gloomdross, Nexus etc. on my 540AP KFM without any problems. You know what? I don't care what mates I get so I just hit that LFP button, which most of you seem to be afraid of. 

Also, if you need gold, you can always farm Moonstones at Naksun. 

2 minutes ago, amokk said:

I do Yeti, Lair, Necro, Asura, Gloomdross, Nexus etc. on my 540AP KFM without any problems. You know what? I don't care what mates I get so I just hit that LFP button, which most of you seem to be afraid of.

People get afraid because they see all kinds of bullshit in chat requirement, and when they see it so many times, they start believeing them.

p.s.-yeti, lair, necro are kind of 400 dungeons, asura ~500+, others inbetween

6 hours ago, KzE said:

Do you think the publisher care, if a f2p player quits?

Considering most of f2p games players ARE f2p players (90%? or so I read), publishers should care if they start losing a significant percentage of those players because of content they created, phenomenom named "the game is dying". Paying users don't tend to stay in dead games. On the other side, quitting when you hit a little wall means that you should just quit  MMOs alltogether.

So I agree that high ap reqs for certain dgs are completely insane. There should be no party that needs 600ap to clear yeti who we used to clear 4m with 500ap before he got nerfed. However, keep in mind that a lot of people want to clear the dungeons in an efficient manner. There have been too many times I've been in a yeti run where 500ap players just do not know the mechs and won't even listen when i try to explain it as they get us killed repeatably. This get worse as you go up. I find that anything less than a 750ap DT run has the potential to turn into a nightmare cause people never learn the mechs and don't say so. The idea behind getting a 750ap party for that dg is that you can burst down the bosses and skip some mechs.

Now I'm not sure why people are going off on pinnacle accessories like they are, but they need to get their facts straight. Two of the pinnacle accessories (the necklace and bracelet) are straight up better than their true boss counterpart and should be used until you get the legendary accessories. You have the option of obtaining an elem earring to up your damage over the pinnacle earring as well. To be honest i'm not so sure about the ring seeing as the legendary ring from citadel has become obsolete by comparison to the rest of them.

Ap is easier than ever to obtain and if you don't like other people ap reqs make your own. I have over 800ap but I don't even bother putting ap reqs on lower end dgs anymore cause I don't see a reason too, and I'm more than willing to bring anyone along for dungeons up to DT so long as they KNOW the mechs and have a reasonable amount of ap as well as crit dmg and rate. When you're new to a game all you can really do is start to grind your way up. NCSoft made this way easier than before. Sure the jump to legendary is a large one, but if you're running all your purples everyday you'll get the eventually.

1 hour ago, Nekonata said:

Considering most of f2p games players ARE f2p players (90%? or so I read), publishers should care if they start losing a significant percentage of those players because of content they created, phenomenom named "the game is dying". Paying users don't tend to stay in dead games. On the other side, quitting when you hit a little wall means that you should just quit  MMOs alltogether.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pc-mmo-blade-and-soul-passes-2-million-players-fir/1100-6434702/

Do you see millions running around in game? Me neither.

1 hour ago, KzE said:

This is all speculation. NCS dont give any official numbers. (dont know why but is NCS)

HAHA this time when bots and gold sellers Dominated the world :)

Any want speculat who many of this 2 million hare bots? i say 50%

@KzE They are currently installing control lights around GHS intersections cause the traffic is so heavy. Every day people die on the roads in chain sprint crashes.

@FufiaI can still see some people who are obviously not normal players. There is someone in Windrest's server group with name written in full caps, that farms injured troops and meteors on SSP for 6-12 hours every day. I log in before I go to work, he's there. I come home, he's there. I go to sleep, he's there. Moves like a real person tho. And since there's warranty as to what you obtain from this kind of farm, it leads me to believe it's a gold digger for illegal transactions. Especially considering he's timing his positioning so he can always get all the things. It's kinda creepy actually xD

3 hours ago, slowcow said:

I am sick and tired of hearing "well back in our day stingers were 3g ea" and all that baloney. Sure they were, but lets stay in the present. This game is a year old now, ALOT has changed. What was good back then is considered trash and newbie now(500-600 AP). 

I have played 3 months, been very active but I am still 669 AP and most likely will be stuck at 669 for another 2 months. I have hit the gear wall for f2p player. And while I am more than fine with my progression, I can see why alot of people aren't.

There are two main reason for that. Generally humans like linear progression. You work hard but you see progress, even if it's just a tiny bit. That gives us sense of accomplishment and the strive to keep pushing forward and keep hitting those tiny goals we have set, even if we are taking just baby steps. But it keeps us motivated. I didn't play the game back in the "old days", but from what I have gathered, it was pretty slow but constant progression, yeah? Sounds great. However I have been 660'ish AP for 2 months now and will be for the next 2 months most likely. There is zero progression made and zero to be made for a very long time.

Another reason is the mental stress from the community. This mostly applies to those that are f2p. There is a feeling of being the underdog and being left behind. 600 AP is considered a joke now and if you're in that range, people don't take you seriously. So you feel like you HAVE TO progress, that you have to get that 750+ or else you'll just stay invisible to everyone. You see your friends and clannies going 650 to 750+ in 2 weeks because they can afford to put some money on the game. All of a sudden, your peers who used to be in your level range, decide to only party with people that are also 750+ and you are left alone. When raids and partys are being formed, people look for smooth and fast run, who do they turn to first? Defenetly not to those below 700 AP. And that feels very discouraging to many people.

+1

15 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

and i thought this thread isnt about trove but about gear progress and the expensiv legendary weapon :O

if you wanna discuss trove search a thread about trove and discuss it there ;)

meanwhile i still ask you this simple question. 

And what is trove for???? Pretty pictures or actual fast game progression? I don't think I have to explain what trove drops but maybe I should since it seems you fail to see connection between expensive legendary weapon/accessories and trove. 

Just make your own party with your own AP requirements. Like if you have 600 AP, just make a dungeon recruitment as 600AP+. For low heroic dungeons like yeti, lair, HM, CS, nexus, gloom, necro, I don't see much of a problem with 600AP+ for a 6m party, even for a 4m party. For higher dungeon like sogun, masts, DT, and ebon, 600AP is more than enough for 6m party as long as you know the mechanics. Just make your own party and let other people join. Some high AP (700+) players don't really care much about AP because they are strong enough to do the DPS part themselves. 

If you have 500AP, just make recruitment based on your AP, 500+ AP. Just don't make recruitment like "700AP+ fast run" when you only have 500AP. No one will ever join a party like this just to carry you.

Normally, I ask for 600AP for 4m party lair, gloom, necro (be able to solo core), nexus. Even when I see players only have 580AP, i will still keep them as long as they can do the mechanics perfectly (I can see it from their performance at 1st boss). Sometimes, even a 700+AP players can have no knowledge about mechanics and just DPS brainlessly. SO, what can we say?

game is soooo boring at this point, nothing to doooooo what is skybreak in my server? pfff i'm stucked with this gears forever not even a nice little event just p2w stuff, pve trully boring with this bad looting rate pvp is horribly unbalanced, f10 cosmetics overpriced, i just log in and sit in some random map until game kicks me out by inactivity, don't even feel like playing my alts anymore the same old thing. 

11 hours ago, slowcow said:

This is true.  add ping problem and yeah....

2 hours ago, Tufa said:

I have to agree that the boredom is creeping in fast.  IMO the game has been horribly mismanaged in the last 3-4 months.

Why do you think that? Because we dont get new content every 6 weeks anymore? It's the normal way now. Don't expect any changes. The next content update in april will probably add some new things but it won't continue like that because there isn't enough content to add until we have what korea has. They also can't give us everything too fast now because we need time to gear up. BT is weekly so even the same 24 people will need some time to get the stuff not to mention bad drop rng.

True f2p players will always have things to do and only the big whales will have everything so fast. It's also not the games fault that people can't manage raid groups. Many people say they can't do upgrade anymore and the game is boring but they not even did all the content.

2 hours ago, Zedonia said:

True f2p players will always have things to do and only the big whales will have everything so fast. It's also not the games fault that people can't manage raid groups. Many people say they can't do upgrade anymore and the game is boring but they not even did all the content.

Truth is not game fault!

This 1 is NCS west fault and lots of ppl in this forum.

NCSWest because dont put VOIP in the game

Ppl in this forum because when same 1 make a topic to ask VOIP all this NCS Fanatics came say no no need you have lots of programes to do this lol

Now have fun make a PT

ps: You say is normal way now.

But why NCS say all this time they wanted to catch KR why slow down now.

we're close dont stop now.

so far i have reached 745 ap, but now its pretty hard to increase any more, legend weapon stage 7 needs 3 forging orbs, then losses 3 sockets, legend accessories are too difficult to get, what im doing now is to do the daily to raise up hm lvl

As I see it, the game is in a kind of deadlock right now. Rushers are still being milked, as expected from any company that wants to make money to go on, but even rushers have started to have issues (the few BT stable parties begin to break up due to clashes between hardcore players and more casual players in "big" clans, there is an increasing difficulty to replace team mates due to time zone issues and low server population issues, it is pretty tough/impossible to pug  content that needs a high level of coordination, communication, skill, gear, ping, experience, etc., with a BIG group of players.

It's perfectly normal that a company takes economic advantage of rushers who would do anything to be the first one on the other side of a closed gate, of course, and that when this advantage starts to dissipate, the company half opens the gate for more casual players to feel motivated enough to slowly slip through and go on playing, while said company sends the rushers to spend money into the next goal. But I am afraid in this case the publishers will have to make some modifications sooner than predicted. As far as I observe, most rushers are getting too lonely or too bored, and the more casual population, feeling trapped into a standstill, is migrating elsewhere. Just my personal impression on matters, of course. 

On 17. 03. 2017. at 3:04 PM, KzE said:

Excuse me, what? I don't see myself mentioning anywhere the number of players this game has. "February 2016". You are looking at an article from the time of game's release. You know, the time when the game is all fresh and new and has x0% of bots and a lot of players who are just trying out the game to see if they like it, and later leave if they don't? The normal process every new MMO goes trough. Not a number to compare anything to. You wait for the release hype to die first.

When the release hype is dead, you can start speculating about the stable playerbase (still greatly infested by bots). You expect a decline as the time goes, since some players will feel they played enough or found something else better to do, maybe are unhappy about certain aspects of game. You also expect some of the playerbase to return after patches, or leave when other hyped games are released. Every game is dying at a certain rate - however, if you lose a load of players after a certain patch simply because of the patch, it's a time to scratch your head and wonder what the hell did you do wrong.

Let's not forget about the company's goal here either - if they just want to milk their cash cow to death in 1 go - I suppose that state is alright for them.

I'm fine with lowering it to an extent and over time some more stuff will come to help players.

However it's a bit of a slap in the face to free players that grinded and people that put money into the game. It's a Korean MMO and just barely been out over a year in NA.

These are my "AP Requirement" when I cross-server:

BSC, BSH, Naryu Lab: 400-450AP.

Yeti, Lair, Necro: 450-500AP for 6 men. 50AP will be added ontop of the bracket if I am going for 4men

CS and Mandate: 500+AP

Sogun, Gloomdross, Shattered Masts: 550+AP. 50+AP will be added ontop of the bracket if I am going for 4men

Ebondrake Citadel is 600 minimum.50+AP will be added ontop of the bracket if I am going for 4men -- I do teach in the run because no one born know everything without running it at least once.

Desolate Tomb is 650 minimum. 50+AP will be added ontop of the bracket if I am going for 4men -- I do teach in the run because no one born know everything without running it at least once.

DKV: 500AP + (literally, just look at the difficulty listing, it's even underneath Sogun so you don't need an alliance full of whales for this one)

If almost or all party members' AP are near the lower end of the AP bracket, that mean you all will need to prepare for a little longer fight + encounter boss mechanic to its full extend (like Yeti with his 3 heat phases + multiple ice phases) --> everyone have to know what they need to do

Hence, I don't understand why I still seeing "700AP+ 4men Sogun" or "700AP+ 4men Lair" You've got to be kidding me.

It's kinda funny when people complains that there are little number of new players, yet, by doing this, you ain't helping the problem at all. You are just contributing to the problem.

39 minutes ago, AnemosVelos said:

Hence, I don't understand why I still seeing "700AP+ 4men Sogun" or "700AP+ 4men Lair" You've got to be kidding me.

It's kinda funny when people complains that there are little number of new players, yet, by doing this, you ain't helping the problem at all. You are just contributing to the problem.

Your requirements are not much better, bro. What is your own gear level? For me, I would never ask for AP for any dungeon simply because too low geared people wont show up anyway for 4 man. I never saw someone below 650 AP or so joining my citadel group for example. And even if they do, I will assume that they know the dungeon and thats enough. Why? because I can solo that shit if I want so why shouldnt I take people with me because they dont have "enough" AP? Why not asking people for ping? Someone with 20ms and 600 AP will do more damage than someone with 100ms and 700 AP (depends on the class, too). Asking for AP is always retarded and bullshit unless the person himself wants to be carried. And "fast" runs are no argument at all because most people enter the dungeon after some time when I am half done with the whole dungeon.

45 minutes ago, AnemosVelos said:

DKV: 500AP

May I quote our faction chat? "Everyone who wants AP for DKV will be blamed."

I simply can't take anyone seriously who shouts with AP req.

Archived