The Point of No Return? (Flaw in Character Appearance)

GodEnyo

When would you guys say it's too late to delete a character and start over because you're unsatisfied with the appearance? It's very slow to level in BnS compared to what I'm used to, so I'm torn between continuing and buying the voucher or starting over. I got to Lv38, got an outfit I wanted which neither of are too hard to get, just tedious.

Depends on how much you hate running through the storyline for Cinderlands, Moonwater, and Silverfrost. I've ran through them on basically all the available classes and its rather obnoxious. You're lv38 so you should be in the Moonwater region by now. Personally, I'd just keep going and make presets on a separate account (if you don't have character slots for trial and error on appearances). Run around in Heavens Reach on those newly made characters to check how they look when they move/attack and how outfits will look before deciding to buy an appearance voucher.

That's just my opinion since I hate running through the story after doing it so many times already.

I would say, 20 is the cutoff point as things slow down through the end of Viridian Coast and Cinderlands. Don't free accounts start with 2 character slots? Maybe I'm thinking of other mmos since the free ones always give 2 slots for free2play players... Id there's multiple things you're unsatisfied with on your character, it's probably worth restarting since it kills your motivation to play and progress if you don't like seeing those mistakes constantly. If it's something minor or can be hidden via outfits/accessories, opt for that instead. I realized all but my main is scaled exactly like I wanted in body proportion settings but she's already HM 11... luckily I can hide the flaws via her current outfit and so I can hold off on spending gold on an appearance change voucher.

8 minutes ago, Meginb said:

I would say, 20 is the cutoff point as things slow down through the end of Viridian Coast and Cinderlands. Don't free accounts start with 2 character slots? Maybe I'm thinking of other mmos since the free ones always give 2 slots for free2play players... Id there's multiple things you're unsatisfied with on your character, it's probably worth restarting since it kills your motivation to play and progress if you don't like seeing those mistakes constantly. If it's something minor or can be hidden via outfits/accessories, opt for that instead. I realized all but my main is scaled exactly like I wanted in body proportion settings but she's already HM 11... luckily I can hide the flaws via her current outfit and so I can hold off on spending gold on an appearance change voucher.

2 slots but a lv1 character only takes 6mins to delete. So as you delete one, you can make another and repeat until you're satisfied.

I would just buy the character appearance change voucher if I really wanted to correct the flaws because I pesonally can't play something I don't feel satisfied. 

plus, leveling up in this game takes way too much time, for me

also I would recommend you to make the character first and then log in to see how it looks in game before you finalize your appearance.

Often, your character looks good in character selection screen/ character creating screen but you can see flaws in game 

I would say it would be too late to delete the character (would be waste to) is around level 30~35; when you get to cinderland. 

I would simply just make a new character if you have only dungeon dropped outfits. They are still pretty easy to farm at that point. I'm waiting at the moment gunner to be released so I can trade my items from my SF to it so I can recreate my SF instead of changing race + name. xD

Leveling a character to 38 takes 1 or 1.5 day. Think if you can farm equal gold within this time. I once deleted a level 50 character with true pirate stuff. Didn't hurt as much as it would hurt with ncoins, because i had to remove the second one too around level 15. Even now, i wouldn't mind if they gave me a voucher for free, just to increase waist width by 2 points.

People delete even hm10 characters with their gear on, just to change jin bm to yun i.e.

Depending on how patient you're willing to be there is the option of waiting for the next vipercap/tower of memory etc event that any character lvl 16+ can attend.

You can easily lvl a character from 16 to 36 just doing the daily event dungeon.

If you're a f2p player, delete the character. Farming enough gold for currency exchange -> to voucher will take way longer than leveling a character to 38 + you will notice if you don't like the character again, and delete sooner.

Archived