Sign in to follow this  
Devonadams20

Badge question

Recommended Posts

Very basic and to the point. What badges are we as force masters going for atm? I feel like none of them are really all that great, should I spend gold or time trying to get one or are we waiting for a new season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   

You should use the one from last season which reduces your meteor cooldown on inferno hit. It means you can use meteor twice because double inferno will reduce the cooldown by 40s. As soon as we will be available to fuse badges, we will use the mentioned one and the one from current season which let you reduce inferno cooldown with every LB hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What above said, Meteor Shower CD reduction badge is so good, but so is inferno CD reduction badge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2017 at 6:44 AM, KurooSakura said:

What above said, Meteor Shower CD reduction badge is so good, but so is inferno CD reduction badge. 

I did some research myself and I was told the green(meteor cd) is better for now until we can merge it with the blue(inferno)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DeadlyCode said:

I did some research myself and I was told the green(meteor cd) is better for now until we can merge it with the blue(inferno)

Not really though? I mean you get 100% more damage on inferno with BT soulshields. So the blue badge should be much better now. It's more or less twice as much damage increase.

Edited by sephy Kun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mirryn   

Legendary weapon cooldown resets are a thing.

 

They make the green badge much better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimki   
Posted (edited)

I've just gotten blue badge yesterday and I would say it depends what your soulshields are and what your ping/fps is.
Basically Inferno (double version) should hit harder than Meteor - at least that's what numbers say (I'm not math geek or anything so I might be wrong here.. so feel free to correct me).


If we factor in only badges, green allows you to cast Meteor x2 and Inferno x1. While having blue badge enables to cast Inferno x2 and Meteor x1 around same time. Though it depends how fast you're able to execute your basic rotation. So if I read numbers correctly and person does have decent ping/fps, this should mean that blue badge is superior.

On top of that.. I've mentioned soulshields earlier - 3 BT shields give +100% damage to Inferno.

If you have that then damage should be higher with blue one.

Edited by Kimki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TJXX   
1 hour ago, Kimki said:

I've just gotten blue badge yesterday and I would say it depends what your soulshields are and what your ping/fps is.
Basically Inferno (double version) should hit harder than Meteor - at least that's what numbers say (I'm not math geek or anything so I might be wrong here.. so feel free to correct me).


If we factor in only badges, green allows you to cast Meteor x2 and Inferno x1. While having blue badge enables to cast Inferno x2 and Meteor x1 around same time. Though it depends how fast you're able to execute your basic rotation. So if I read numbers correctly and person does have decent ping/fps, this should mean that blue badge is superior.

On top of that.. I've mentioned soulshields earlier - 3 BT shields give +100% damage to Inferno.

If you have that then damage should be higher with blue one.

The green badge continues to be better because of resets, You are guaranteed an extra meteor cast every reset.  The Blue badge loses out on all the casting you've done and becomes useless if you get a reset before it reduces your cooldown enough to cast again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimki   
8 hours ago, TJXX said:

The green badge continues to be better because of resets, You are guaranteed an extra meteor cast every reset.  The Blue badge loses out on all the casting you've done and becomes useless if you get a reset before it reduces your cooldown enough to cast again.

Hmm.. You have a point there indeed. I didn't factor in resets. Basicaly I've read that Baleful reset is +1 min. (I've never bothered to check myself so don't kill me I'm quiting Nodah here)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
Posted (edited)

It's pretty simple:

 

meteor has a damage of 42x

double inferno has a damage of 50x -> x2 with BT ss = 100x

 

green badge means you will get 42x + 100x + 42x = 184x on reset

blue badge means you will get 42x + 100x = 142x on reset

 

So for the resets itself the green one is better. But now we have to calculate the cd reset of inferno from LB.

We reduce inferno cd by 0,8s each time LB hits. Inferno has a cd of 45s. That means we will reset the cooldown of inferno completely after 25s if we use LB once per second. 25s * 0,8s = 20s + 25s = 45s

 

Summary: The blue badge is better if we can reset inferno between two weapon resets. We will win 100x damage and lose 42x damage because of no double meteor. In the end it's a little bit better than inferno + triple meteor.

 

With baleful it should be no problem to do that. With raven it's not so save but weapon resets shouldn't come that fast.

 

The duration of the fight also matters. For short fights like mushin tower the green badge is of course better but for long fights, the blue one will be better.

Edited by Zedonia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You forgot about mystic badge. Since NA don't have mystic badge it wouldn't matter, but I think it will come very soon, like next content patch.

Chaotic Sky mystic badge gives 3000% additional attack power bonus on first hit of meteor on burned target. So that's 6000% if you have green badge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kimki   
6 hours ago, ToffyNexy said:

You forgot about mystic badge. Since NA don't have mystic badge it wouldn't matter, but I think it will come very soon, like next content patch.

Chaotic Sky mystic badge gives 3000% additional attack power bonus on first hit of meteor on burned target. So that's 6000% if you have green badge.

With future updates we will be able to combine green and blue badge. So we won't need this type of discussion as new badge will combine both effects.
Question is when we'll get it and if we're going to get it same time or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zedonia   
Posted (edited)
On 20.3.2017 at 4:29 AM, ToffyNexy said:

Chaotic Sky mystic badge gives 3000% additional attack power bonus on first hit of meteor on burned target. So that's 6000% if you have green badge.

This is true and yes, it depends on when we get what. Mystic badge without combined ToI badges should make green badge better, for burst definitely. But keep in mind: 3000% means 30x ap and this is even less than what we win by using the blue badge. So depending on your resets (most of the time not within 25s) the blue badge is still better, at least for longer fights. For burst the green one is always better.

 

After some testing I can say that it is random which badge is better if you use chokma weapon. Sometimes you get a reset very fast and sometimes I can reset inferno almost twice before a reset comes. In the end I will use the green one because its better for burst while soul is active.

Edited by Zedonia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this