Hongmoon accessories will no long be upgradeable with next content patch

Yulie

It's already been made public so i dont understand why my post was deleted.

Hongmoon accessories will no long be upgradeable with next content patch.

Edit: The visual upgrade paths are being removed however the accessories will remain upgradeable, my bad.

The true boss accessories will still be salvageable after the changes have been made. But as far as I'm aware you won't be able to upgrade your hongmoon accessories any further than the stage at which they are at after the content patch. So if you havn't maxed the hongmoon accessories by  then you wont be able to salvage them for legendary jewels.

Too bad I don't have the gold to finish upgrading mine, damn Trove... >_> So like, why aren't there more details about this, for weapon changes, they gave us an entire chart showing equivalent stuff that was replacing them and what all materials you'd get refunded... yet nothing so far on accessories? WTB more talkative people working on patches.

The constant upgrading when leveling up was one of the things I liked about this game. It made you feel like you were getting stronger at a good rate.

They should have just left it so you just need the accessory or weapon to upgrade an left it like it was.

:C I feel like BnS is getting TOO streamlined.
Upgrading a weapon path made BnS unique among other MMOs. Now it's becoming yet another mainstream mmo genre stereotype with this farm and discard upgrade cycle. Very disappointing.

I did try to give it a chance. I recently went and tried to obtain Pinnacle accessories for my alt, 450AP warlock. But found myself gated by having to farm for Lucent accessories first, all the while under fire by already geared people for not having 600~ AP. Granted, I can support my alt with my main, but what of new players who don't' have that option? Credit card swiping all the way?

15 minutes ago, Garlend said:

The constant upgrading when leveling up was one of the things I liked about this game. It made you feel like you were getting stronger at a good rate.

They should have just left it so you just need the accessory or weapon to upgrade an left it like it was.

yeap i like the progress too...upgrading eq while lvling but they make a mistake with this new way of lvling...for me they should let it be and just reduce the cost for upgrading since we dont get lots of gold during lvling from 1-50 for upgrading our eq

1 hour ago, Meginb said:

It'd be nice if they buffed them, yeah. It'll suck if I'm stuck with my current stats until I somehow get legendary weapons/accessories when I barely meet most LFP premade requirements... =/

yeah hope they buffed it since earring and ring stats really suck compared to hm

Okay so how long before the next major patch comes out and the change to remove the ability to upgrade HM accessories so I can maybe get my BMs HM accessories fully maxed out. Getting close, but still would like to know. I would not mind trying to upgrade my SFs accessories as close to max well, but that costs lots of mats and money. Seriously though, going to miss those HM accessories. I know it is costly and such, but it was rewarding upgrading them. It is different than most games out there and that made Blade and Soul unique.

Now I am really wishing I had started when I had a key to try this game out at the beginning. My loss I guess.

It's not like they've removed the upgrading system entirely, it just starts later in the game now. I actually like the changes since there's a lot fewer steps to go through to reach legendary now, cheaper, simpler and takes up a lot less of your limited bank space now.

My only real gripe, is that it feels like there's still a slight, awkward gap in the 600-700 range. The lower end and middle of it is pretty easy to hit with your weapon upgraded to True Ivorymoon, the Pinnacle accessories, decent gems and soul shields plus a basic Hongmoon soul... but of course, our players want their zomg 700+ AP or gtfo now, for most things. Trying to hit that number while not sacrificing every other stat still feels like a huge hurdle... most of my characters are stuck in the 650 range and I feel a bit lost for what I should focus on right now. :(

5 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

Why do people care more about True Boss, something you have to work for, as opposed to Pinnacle, which is literally handed down for free and saves all the materials for Ivorymoon? What's is this community logic.

the stats...earring and ring pinnacle is bad compared to hm...

1 hour ago, Dragonais said:

Okay so how long before the next major patch comes out and the change to remove the ability to upgrade HM accessories so I can maybe get my BMs HM accessories fully maxed out. Getting close, but still would like to know. I would not mind trying to upgrade my SFs accessories as close to max well, but that costs lots of mats and money. Seriously though, going to miss those HM accessories. I know it is costly and such, but it was rewarding upgrading them. It is different than most games out there and that made Blade and Soul unique.

Now I am really wishing I had started when I had a key to try this game out at the beginning. My loss I guess.

Why do people care more about True Boss, something you have to work for, as opposed to Pinnacle, which is literally handed down for free and saves all the materials for Ivorymoon? What's is this community logic.

1 hour ago, Meginb said:

It's not like they've removed the upgrading system entirely, it just starts later in the game now. I actually like the changes since there's a lot fewer steps to go through to reach legendary now, cheaper, simpler and takes up a lot less of your limited bank space now.

My only real gripe, is that it feels like there's still a slight, awkward gap in the 600-700 range. The lower end and middle of it is pretty easy to hit with your weapon upgraded to True Ivorymoon, the Pinnacle accessories, decent gems and soul shields plus a basic Hongmoon soul... but of course, our players want their zomg 700+ AP or gtfo now, for most things. Trying to hit that number while not sacrificing every other stat still feels like a huge hurdle... most of my characters are stuck in the 650 range and I feel a bit lost for what I should focus on right now. :(

What are you talking about? only upgradeable thing is weapon and soul. The accessories are just breakthroughs :/

52 minutes ago, Laura099 said:

What are you talking about? only upgradeable thing is weapon and soul. The accessories are just breakthroughs :/

More like, what are you talking about? You have to collect various blue or purple accessories plus transformation stones, moonstones etc AND use elements to feed your accessories... exactly like your weapon. This starts once you've gotten the legendary accessories... just like the old evolution system was, it just starts with legendary equipment now instead of making players grind and collect required equipment breakthrough pieces right from the start.

The soul only requires sacred oils and money, doesn't require element feeding to max it out and the pet aura functions the same way. So weapon/accessories take exp and materials, soul/pet aura just need materials. I'm really not sure what confused you about this.

Why is information like this not cascaded directly to the playerbase ? Such terrible communication from a company like NCSoft. 

Anyway, this change implies that people who haven't finished upgrading to True Boss will be left with junk accs and be forced to use the complete crap Pinnacle Ring and Earrings ? Why is it so hard for them to let the player decide if he wants to use Hongmoon or Pinnacle accs ? Why can't both coexist ? It doesn't make any sense, and such decisions are outright terrible game design. 

This trove event has really depressed me to the point where I don't even really care. I'm stuck at around 620 ap and cant get any further atm. I feel like I need to cash to get anything out of trove but I simply cannot cash right now due to real life commitments. I hate when I feel like the only real way forward is with my credit card. I can't get into 4 mans so I can't make that magical 300g per day I hear some players talking about and every, I mean every single box I have opened so far has given me the bear minimum. Soooooooooooo about this hongmoon accessory business, don't even care, I'm playing less now because myy development is no longer tied to how much I play. I am seeing all kinds of players progress past me cause they were able to cash in on trove. All I can do right now is hope I can save up enough rl cash to "cash" in the next time trove rolls around.

As someone else said, it was nice when you had all the upgrading to do cause it felt like an acomplishement and most times the upgrades were achievable even is you could not cash but now it feels everytime they lower cost or streamline progression they actually end up making it more difficult, For example real gains now = legendary, soul upgrades, hongmoon skills and when I calculate what I need to get those things I'm looking at 5k+ in upgrades. As someone who can barely muster 10g per day sometimes, 5000g is killer. Reaching that point where I think I'ma stop playing mmos cause the whole money aspect for progression is getting to be too stressful and game are suppose to be for fun.

So since I like my clan and the game I have stopped focussing on progression and so move like this are of no consequence to me. Instead for me now its ust about running a few dailies and having fun talking to my clan mates.

4 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

And yet the necklace and bracelet already overcompensate. The preparation for endgame is already faceroll enough as it is.

when you wanna replace something of course you expected its better than the prev one...so yeah im still hoping they adjust the earring and ring pinnacle

Probably the easiest solution to keep everyone (more or less) happy is to provide salvaging with legendery jewels proportional to the materials put in up to the stage you are salvaging. Since they did something similar for weapons I don't see why not.

As for pinnacle it's more than sufficient for starting your legendary hunts - no need to cry a tear about the slight stat increase of half the Hongmoon accs.

Instead, I recommend to further ease the entry into legendary accessories by making the tokens (horns wings etc) available for heavenly energy. That way people can focus on one of them and have a faster feeling of accomplishment.

10 hours ago, Yulie said:

It's already been made public so i dont understand why my post was deleted.

Hongmoon accessories will no long be upgradeable with next content patch.

Lel i see my name, now im popular *.*

Good thing, that i've  asked him this ^.^

6 hours ago, Inzho said:

This trove event has really depressed me to the point where I don't even really care. I'm stuck at around 620 ap and cant get any further atm. I feel like I need to cash to get anything out of trove but I simply cannot cash right now due to real life commitments. I hate when I feel like the only real way forward is with my credit card. I can't get into 4 mans so I can't make that magical 300g per day I hear some players talking about and every, I mean every single box I have opened so far has given me the bear minimum. Soooooooooooo about this hongmoon accessory business, don't even care, I'm playing less now because myy development is no longer tied to how much I play. I am seeing all kinds of players progress past me cause they were able to cash in on trove. All I can do right now is hope I can save up enough rl cash to "cash" in the next time trove rolls around.

As someone else said, it was nice when you had all the upgrading to do cause it felt like an acomplishement and most times the upgrades were achievable even is you could not cash but now it feels everytime they lower cost or streamline progression they actually end up making it more difficult, For example real gains now = legendary, soul upgrades, hongmoon skills and when I calculate what I need to get those things I'm looking at 5k+ in upgrades. As someone who can barely muster 10g per day sometimes, 5000g is killer. Reaching that point where I think I'ma stop playing mmos cause the whole money aspect for progression is getting to be too stressful and game are suppose to be for fun.

So since I like my clan and the game I have stopped focussing on progression and so move like this are of no consequence to me. Instead for me now its ust about running a few dailies and having fun talking to my clan mates.

Ditto, except I am not depressed. I know from a long time ago that neither my main nor my alt will ever reach end game equipment, so I just log in and entertain myself with this or that for a while, then log out. 

On 14/03/2017 at 10:48 AM, Rysa said:

Why is information like this not cascaded directly to the playerbase ? Such terrible communication from a company like NCSoft. 

Anyway, this change implies that people who haven't finished upgrading to True Boss will be left with junk accs and be forced to use the complete crap Pinnacle Ring and Earrings ? Why is it so hard for them to let the player decide if he wants to use Hongmoon or Pinnacle accs ? Why can't both coexist ? It doesn't make any sense, and such decisions are outright terrible game design. 

I asked jonathan Lien. Those with hongmoon accessories will still be able to continue using these accessories.  It seems the only thing that will change is that you wont be able to upgrade them.

Archived