Better loading Portals/lets talk about the future of the game

Retroboy91

I know why the portals are there, to keep the game from to have everything loaded and to keep frames high and memory usage low. Still, I find them mostly useless. Why do buildings inside of towns have them? Couldn't you just make the town loading portals a little longer? Now with the 64bit version of the game being work on couldn't the developers begin to get rid of some of the loading portals in some of the smaller/older zones? this would help to make the game better able to compete with newer games like revelation online. the portals for the most part I find are helpful but more often than not take me out of the game. Like when I was leaving the bamboo village (the first village you first after the prolog) and I had to go through two loading portals. the first of which just loaded me into an area which was nothing more than an outdoor hallway. I know this might have been necessary for the early days of the development of the game, but now I believe serves no purpose but to take me out of the game for a few seconds. Lastly, if anyone who works on the game can tell us what benefits the 64bit conversion will have on the future of the game, Like less loading portals please respond to this or better yet write news post on the subject.

The portals only affect those who have poor loading times really. I myself have an old HDD and i need those or it would take even longer to load some stuff. If you have good disks you wont see them, and if u are seeing them is cuz u dont have a very good disk/pc.

I was not saying get rid of them just begin limiting them. Some of them seem a little needless like I said those for going inside of buildings like those found in the first town you go to. it is not overly crowded and could use some sprucing up. it gives a bad impression on the game.

Archived