Use of macros

IronFootDain

So I was doing 4-man asura on my BM the other day. My ap is well over 700 and there was this guy who had like 30 ap less than me. We both were using fire build and I clearly was more geared than him + I had a soul badge and he didn't. But the dps meter says different. He had solid 42K dps and I only had 37k. Wtf, right?

Me being me, I asked him how he had more dps. And, suprisingly, he admitted that he had been using macros during the fight. He convinced me that is was not bannable in PvE whatsoever.

Erm.... Guys? What's the deal here, because this triggers the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out of me. He was a whale too. Payed for his gear, uses macro's and essentially has higher dps. Now I start thinking why I even play at all. It's not like people choose dps over skill, right? RIGHT?

EDIT: He was also 2 hongmoon levels lower than me. I'm HM11, he was HM9.

30 minutes ago, IronFootDain said:

So I was doing 4-man asura on my BM the other day. My ap is well over 700 and there was this guy who had like 30 ap less than me. We both were using fire build and I clearly was more geared than him + I had a soul badge and he didn't. But the dps meter says different. He had solid 42K dps and I only had 37k. Wtf, right?

Me being me, I asked him how he had more dps. And, suprisingly, he admitted that he had been using macros during the fight. He convinced me that is was not bannable in PvE whatsoever.

Erm.... Guys? What's the deal here, because this triggers the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ out of me. He was a whale too. Payed for his gear, uses macro's and essentially has higher dps. Now I start thinking why I even play at all. It's not like people choose dps over skill, right? RIGHT?

i take that u have more crit than him? how about the ping different?

1 hour ago, IronFootDain said:

NCsoft is supporting macro tools and programs. (Legal oem softwares) 

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/rumble-in-the-realm-iii/ Look rewards. Gift: Macro keyboard + mouse :)

You can use too..

http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/scimitar-pro-rgb-optical-moba-mmo-gaming-mouse-yellow 

http://www.corsair.com/en-eu/strafe-rgb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-cherry-mx-red

For more information..  Fully Programmable (Macro-Combo) set for PVP winners! Yes, They win pvp with macro..

11 minutes ago, RevelatioN said:

NCsoft is supporting macro tools and programs. (Legal oem softwares) 

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/rumble-in-the-realm-iii/ Look rewards. Gift: Macro keybord + mause :)

You can use too..

only cause the keyboard support macros, doenst also mean that NCSoft supporting macro. 

For complete clarification you could either twitter to https://twitter.com/Babbletr0n or write to the support and ask them if its allowed or not. 

Ok,first,using macros are "argueably" bannable but nobody at ncwest will bother investigating a macro user in pve tbh and that's implying they can proove it.

Second,pvp macros users sadly exists but rarely get anywhere as if they rely on automated actions too much they are usually abuseable.Completely forbidden in tournaments and temp bannable(mostly) if you can prove one's using such on ladder.

Third,since when 700 ap ish is "whale" status . Lmao

10 minutes ago, Hinu said:

Third,since when 700 ap ish is "whale" status . Lmao

Because a HM9 with all maxed gems, with a stage 7 baleful sword and a stage 6 moonwater soul is definately hard grinded. I'd suggest you look up what a "whale" means.

1 hour ago, RainbowDashie said:

only cause the keyboard support macros, doenst also mean that NCSoft supporting macro. 

He summerized it pretty much.

1 hour ago, z Siegrain said:

whether he uses macro or not, there is always a big difference playing with high ping and low ping lol, im 818ap and low ping user around 750ap can still beat my DPS on dps meter so.

My ping is around 80-120 normally. But, like everyone does, I get some ping spikes. But these usually recover in a couple of minutes. To clearify, I had no ping spikes during this fight.

Get yourself a Razer naga, 90% of people in game macro. Actually hard to prove if someone is using a programmable mouse or keyboard. 

P.s. it helps with DPS, no need for you to constantly smash your keyboard and hurt yourself, etc. As long as you're not trying to go pro. Also don't get a third party macro software, you have a high chance of getting found and possibly banned.

Probably he has lower ping to you...

I can say that cuz i'm at 740AP now and i can match or even outdps most ppl from my guild(i compare my guild cuz we're from brazil playing with high ping) with better gear than me...

I play with 130-150ms while the average ping of others members are around 200-300ms

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bns+ani+cancel

You can report with submit to ticket. I found a lot of guide about it. Hacker/bot players using 'animation cancel macros' in pvp/pve for more damage and faster kill.

Kungfu Master / Destroyer / Assassin players can use this hack/macro methods. BNS developers did not prevent this animation hack methods yet.

I ask to Developers : " blade and soul when it will be a clean game?"

I reported a lot of ppl. They want a video from me. I show you videos. Block please, who has prepared these hack/macro guides.

This may start huge quarrel, but...

Why is using macros in PVE so bad? I can 100% understand PVP related stuff or TOI where we have leaderboards and such, but when you go into dung, shouldnt you be happy that the other guy is doing everything to make it fast and smooth run? If he were to idk, fail his AC or just be bad at it or w/e else that would make him drop dps, you would be probably mad at him and leave, kick bash idk what else. I saw enough bashing for bad dps on very low lvls, it must be even worse at higher tier, where you are expected to do everything perfectly... 

12 minutes ago, Figorix said:

This may start huge quarrel, but...

Why is using macros in PVE so bad? I can 100% understand PVP related stuff or TOI where we have leaderboards and such, but when you go into dung, shouldnt you be happy that the other guy is doing everything to make it fast and smooth run? If he were to idk, fail his AC or just be bad at it or w/e else that would make him drop dps, you would be probably mad at him and leave, kick bash idk what else. I saw enough bashing for bad dps on very low lvls, it must be even worse at higher tier, where you are expected to do everything perfectly... 

but most of em(i mean those macro user) brag about it when they outdps the others player that have more ap than them...im party up with player that lower ap than me before and that player boosting and said im a useless high ap player etc2...i can see that player dps faster than me and when i ask did u use macro straight goes to silent mode after bragging too much and wait till all looting bid done then leave party w/o answering my simple question...

I know a lot of people on the TW servers pass around macro codes to each other for specific rotations of key skills. It's one of those things where unless there is enough uproar they aren't going to do jack shit about it. 

and to be perfectly honest, if it's in PVE.. who gives a flying ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤?! Seriously if they used a macro and out damage you oh well it just means you had that much more dps to take the boss down. It's not like they get rewards based on DPS or more exp. PVP yeah I can see it but PVE... come on. 

I tink the problam is ping not macros. I try macros on my SF and i stop use i do not feel big difference.

Even with good ping sarver is not stable and this is the problam.

And the true is NCS or any another company can stop macros any gaming Keyboard or mouse have programs for this. (what NCS can do block all this programs?)

Here see this is noot macros is all ping.

I was recently diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome and just did a macro yesterday, with Logitech Software that comes with my mouse. 

First off, I live in West-Germany, so my ping is rather good (10ms in the morning, 15-30ms in prime time). (Processed) Ping ingame shows ~80-100ms most of the time.

My macro doesnt have any delay. It just does r+t+f in a loop if the button is pressed. Now, my anicancel looks pretty much the same as any good Assassin in KR. It's perfect. Flawless. Well, almost. Out of 500 times of r+t+f'ing, he skipped T (Heart Stab) once. All other times it was a flawless Mist Slash->Heart Stab->Dark Strike. 

My DPS increased by ~10% and the strain on my hand is almost zero.

Now, if NC decides to ban me, I would be sad, but I wouldn't be able to play it without macro anyway. So it's either getting banned or not playing the game anyway. I take my chances.

To clarify: I'm 100% PvE and would never use macros in PvP. I was always proud of my anicanceling. I only started using macros because of my hand. It just hurts like a mf after a while, pressing lmb+rmb all the time. (I only use macro for main rotation of shadow sin -> R+T+F)

1 hour ago, amokk said:

I was recently diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome and just did a macro yesterday, with Logitech Software that comes with my mouse. 

First off, I live in West-Germany, so my ping is rather good (10ms in the morning, 15-30ms in prime time). (Processed) Ping ingame shows ~80-100ms most of the time.

My macro doesnt have any delay. It just does r+t+f in a loop if the button is pressed. Now, my anicancel looks pretty much the same as any good Assassin in KR. It's perfect. Flawless. Well, almost. Out of 500 times of r+t+f'ing, he skipped T (Heart Stab) once. All other times it was a flawless Mist Slash->Heart Stab->Dark Strike. 

My DPS increased by ~10% and the strain on my hand is almost zero.

Now, if NC decides to ban me, I would be sad, but I wouldn't be able to play it without macro anyway. So it's either getting banned or not playing the game anyway. I take my chances.

To clarify: I'm 100% PvE and would never use macros in PvP. I was always proud of my anicanceling. I only started using macros because of my hand. It just hurts like a mf after a while, pressing lmb+rmb all the time. (I only use macro for main rotation of shadow sin -> R+T+F)

This... 100%!

for certain classes this isn't an issue cause they use their number keys more often then not. But for classes like Sin and sum that their primary or only real attacks are the mouse button this can be killer on hands. I play a summoner and will mid dungeon have to stop attacking because the pain radiating up from my hand into my arm from the excessive button clicking is too damn much. 

From all players I know, just 2 or 3 doesnt use macros, if it is not allowed, I'm sure NCSoft is not doing anything to punish them because I havent heard of any player being banned.

I see no point of using macros in a game that is supposed to be about player skill... But we all know ppl will abuse anything they can.

Archived